Why do Japanese people still use Kanji? It wasn't even created for their language...

Why do Japanese people still use Kanji? It wasn't even created for their language. It seems to be the most complicated writing system in the world. The homophones excuse is just an excuse since you guys can understand each other speaking.

It's already time to imitate Koreans and come up with a japanese Hangul.

Because Japs are inferior and so fucking stupid. they can't make their own writing system

Stupid weeb

It doesn't matter why.

I'm gonna be the weeb that explains it.

They have a japanese hangul, It's called kana.

Kanji works well in japanese because all the fucking words sound exactly the same. It makes it much much easier to read japanese when there is kanji, even though it makes it much much harder to write. Writing kanji doesn't even matter much anymore with computer input.

>It wasn't even created for their language
It wasn't created for any specific language, it's pictographs not a phonetic alphabet

OP here: I actually know hiragana and kana. I've learned some kanji too. I personally think the > all the fucking words sound exactly the same
is an excuse because they can communicate verbally.

it looks nice in UI like in games, webs etc.

because japanese is a shit language

But it works for Chinese languages because IIRC each character has only 1 reading and their language is analytic they don't change the endings of the words.

You want to be able to read faster than you can speak, and people use a larger vocabulary in writing in general.

Once you get better at Japanese try reading something written for kids that's only in kana and I think you'll see what I mean.

no it doesn't and that's not the reasoning at all

The Chinese are also /capable/ of writing in pinyin (english characters) but they hve the same problem as Japan. All their words sound the same as many many others.

The eternal gaijin.

How can Japanese function without Kanji?

In the pic related, Kanji is a square per word writing, meaning, it is more aesthetic and easy to eyes.
English, or any non-per square writing, on the other hand is kinda...unfit.

Because without kanji Japanese will be messed up.

>天皇は、日本国の象徴であり日本国民統合の象徴であって、その地位は、主権の存する日本国民の統意に基づく。
>てんのうは、にっぽんこくのしょうちょうでありにっぽんこくみんとうごうのしょうちょうであつて、このちいは、しゅけんのそんするにっぽんこくみんのそういにもとづく。
Sauce : Japanese constitution

>english characters
You mean latin characters.
Also why not just create a modified Latin-derived alphabet to suit your language like so many other countries have done?

Have your heard of this advanced technology called spaces between words?

The Japanese language have too many homophones because the language has the rather limited sounds.
Without Kanji, it would be too pain in the ass to read technical documents.
We do have pitch accent, so I guess if we somehow add some symbol to specify the pitch in our sentence,
it would be easier to read without confusion, maybe?

Because there aren't differences between the actual sounds. Modified Latin alphabets make characters for new sounds, not new meanings.

Anyway about 4 different people gave you the exact same answer OP, I think your question has been answered

just write like Malay or Indonesian.
>basically the romaji version of Nipponese

>てんのう は、にっぽんこく の しょうちょう で あり
にっぽんこくみん とうごう の しょうちょう で あつて、この ちい は、しゅけん の そんする にっぽんこくみん の そうい に もとづく
Fuck this shit

Literally want to throw up

You could mix katakana with hiragana where there are homophones. Some words you would write katakana and others with hiragana to help identify which word you meant that plus context.

hmm this seems to be a new point

1) Too many homophones
2) Katakana already has a function and we need it for that

>てんのうは、にっぽん こくの しょうちょうであり にっぽん こくみん とうごうの しょうちょうであつて、この ちいは、しゅけんの そんする にっぽん こくみんの そういに もとづく。
>天皇は、日本国の象徴であり日本国民統合の象徴であつて、この地位は、主権の存する日本国民の総意に基く。

Really efficient compared to original one, Isn't it?

You wasted quads for this?!

Let's just be brutally honest: romaji is the most efficient way of writing Japanese in terms of actual easiness of communication.

However, I understand the cultural value of keeping kanji. Besides, it would be retarded for Japanese people to change their language just to accomodate foreigners.

Hey man it's your language but you know that it's been done before. Your people spend 10 years to learn how to read.

>romaji is the most efficient way of writing Japanese in terms of actual easiness of communication.
No. Try reading complicated things without kanji. Impossible. You become a child

It's easier to understand people's speech as opposed to writing though. In speech the context is usually much more clear.

japanese has too many homonyms. iirc theres like dozen things with the reading shin etc

I think you're just saying that because of habituation.

German, for example, seems unreadable, but it's actually very easy when you're used to it, despite the long compound words which seem impossible to read.

口から漢字は出ない
これは事実だ
しかし日本人は相手の仮名だけ聞いてお互い会話できる
ではなぜ書くときのために漢字を必要とする?

バカ?

Japanese and Korean are different.

Yeah Chinese is shit, But Japanese has too many homophobes.

Unlike some netouyo saying, Korean has only a few homophobes compared to Japanese and We don't have any problems.

Japanese need kanji. Even McArthur and GHQ(aka American masters) admitted it.

読むのと聞くのは違うものだぞ

>homophobes
but they love homos

>Japanese has too many homophobes.

だから、書くときには言葉遣いはもっと難しいんだよ。四字熟語とかあるし

Homophones often matters even in spoken Japanese. In such cases, for clarity, we need to add explanation, or use irregular pronunciation on purpose; e.g. "watakushiritsu" for 私立, "ichiritsu" for 市立 while they both are officially "shiritsu".

^^ Fuck English desu

外国人の芸能人が漢字がおかしいとかwhy japanese peopleとか叫ぶ番組あったけど

漢字作ったの中国人じゃんww
日本人に言っても無駄

>Unlike some netouyo saying

Yeah. I've seen sooooo many netouyo tell "Koreans became stupid after they abolished Hanja" "That's why Koreans can't get Nobel prizes" blahblah~

>Korean talking about languages
>Korean forgetting where they stole theirs from
>Being Korean

Do you think Korean stole Japanese letters?

>Weeb tries to learn Japanese but kanji is too hard boo-hoo thread #674566456
F U C K O F F
U
C
K
O
F
F

조센징 프리즈

Aren't Kanji extremely useful for complicated and long words?
Kana and Hiragana could technically cover most things though right?

The problem is not useful or not like that.

even Chinese is now useing simplified kanji now. But Japanese is keep on useing the kanji that's just we are Takeing care of what we do from the ancient times.
It's not meaning of lacking creativity of makeing Unique own character or change the character because kanji is useless or such mind.
People who is saying such things is liveing fake country with shitty history. You guys can't understand the meaning why nipus meaning kanji even now.
What we do is just ignore such voice and keep on protect tradition of own country.
Even though this is where cane from.
What we do is protect real tradition and not creat fake culture like others do.
To keep on continue Tobe Japanese.
I think most of people even can't understand that feeling.
So one word is fuck off

You're probably the first real japanese I've seen on this board.

お前がなw

What language is spoken here?

>Many homophones = Inferior language

漢字ha問題janai,平仮名nohouga悪i.Tadasorerawo抜kete日本語ha美shii言語ninarukamoshirenai.

but thats called traditional chinese

For some reason, I do understand you.
Kick gaijins OUT!

Use accent marks like we do.

仮名文字の役割は漢字を補助する事だから。

会話してる間にも漢字を思い浮かべてる。
仮名だけで成立してるわけじゃない。

The problem with Kanji isn't that there are a lot of them, the problem is the ridiculous amounts of ways you can read each symbol. It should work like Mandarin and have a 1:1 ratio of symbol:reading

Why can't you fucking let them be.
It's like being angry at the British for not reforming the spelling

Because written japanese does not have spaces between words. If a very long sentence was written entirely in hiragana, you wouldn't know how to read it.

isnt it like 2 readings most of the time though? one for compound words and one regular? though theres the morphing of consonants in some times but thats a common thing in agglutinative languages in general.

>being this retarded

what's the deal with Japan turning everything into cartoon girls?

Consonant morphing is fine, especially since once you learn Dakuten it gets pretty obvious how they change, but there are at least 4 readings usually: Chinese reading, Native reading, Compound reading, and name reading. Even two is too much in my opinion.

何言?其方中国見。私前提唯案平仮名消無、西洋字移使。

I don't understand this question.

I agree with this honestly.

Anime girl is Idea that Plato mentioned.

hangul's a good idea but it's so ugly

I'm okay with that desu

it was a good idea compared to hanji. It is nowhere near latin thou