Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EVaVR0fd49Y&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kanye

Radiohead
On the flipside, I tried swans because of mew and now I love them

How's ITCOTCK shit?
It has pretty much everything you could ask in a rock album and more

I'm not even joking when I say literally everything that wasn't jazz that Sup Forums has recommended to me has been shit. No disrespect to the classical cats out there, I've never lurked your threads, you're probably alright.

Making friends

you don't like bork???

I'm a huge jazz fan but this is pathetic

Same on both.

I just cant get into Radiohead.
Thanks for introducing me to Swans tho, Sup Forums

Kanye West
Swans
King Krule
Animal Collective
Sufjan Stevens
The Microphones
Modest Mouse

>cats
t. suburban basement dweller

Modest Mouse is fantastic

Power Trip. I won't say they suck, they're just kinda boring to be quite honest with you famalamborghini.

Meant for

This is pure fucking shit.

Radiohead is a great band if you just started getting into music, they're more diverse than the average normie artist, but if you already listen to more complex music you won't find RH interesting

that album with fish head on the cover

I'm assuming you are referring to this masterpiece

I knew about Björk like a decade before Sup Forums existed.

death grips

One of the few Sup Forums core albums that are actually good.

ITAOTS

these are literally objective good albums. I can't comprehend any reason for disliking them

That's because you have bad taste and listen to over-hyped garbage to impress anonymous users on a Hungarian Glass-blowing forum.

AnCo

I like prog too, but this is lame and goofy even by its standards.

Probably bait, but if not, I almost feel bad for you for not being able to enjoy this masterpiece. Same with OP desu

Spiderlands is garbage.

OP is definitely baiting.

If you don't like Sufjan you're probably a child.

This are all awful actually.

trout mask.
>you just need to give it 9 more listens then it clicks

its shit

top 40 radio
what was Sup Forums thinkin

Most jazz Sup Forums likes is shit

Trout Mask is the ultimate pleb filter.

The only other determinant on if someone is a pleb is Free Jazz and if you like TMR, you'll probably like Free Jazz.

This album didn't click for me for a while, it finally did when I completely devoted my attention to it. I do think the album is really fucking boring if you just have it on in the background tho

no its not ur garbage shuddup

>you share a board with literal mouthbreathing brainlets

Radiohead. How can you guys be so fucking boring?

Radiohead has some nice songs. personally, tracks on Amnesiac are really nice and comfy

Week lad

I agree with a few on here like DG after Exmilitary, Radiohead even though I've only listened to OKC and Spiderland(boring and pretentious).

I tried to listen to Kind of Blue yesterday and it was boring. It felt unsoulful and badly mastered but maybe that's because I didn't listen to the remastered version.

I listened to it in the dark 4 times and focused on every second. It's a fucking horrible album. That Sup Forums puts way too much value on because they're autistic and are obsessed with seeming cool. It's fucking ass and anyone who likes it is pathetic.

lol ok

im sorry you had to find out this way user

To Pimp a Butterfly

I came here to say Spiderland, too, but I'm gonna take your advice here. Each time I listened to it, I had it on in the background.
I don't think it's a shit album, for the record. It just hasn't spoken to me in the way that it obviously does to Sup Forums.

You won't be able to appreciate any music unless you actually give it your full attention. This board would be 100x better if people here actually listened to music.
Instead of listening to a dozen albums per day, try just listening to one or two, but without any distractions (I don't consider reading the lyrics a distraction, though some most disagree). It's a much better experience.

Okay but he's right about spiderland. It's trash.

Are you familiar with hardcore and post-hardcore? If not, try listening to some records from said genres, it helped me appreciate the record.
I didn't like Spiderland at first because the post-rock laben made me expect something like Talk Talk.

Slint
My bloody valentine
Run the jewels
Sufjan Stevens
The avalanches
Teagan and Sara
Gorguts
Mastodon
Kendrick Lamar
Pavement
M80

Those are all I can think of right now.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EVaVR0fd49Y&feature=youtu.be

Fuck that pile of soy

Kanye West, for fuck's sake it's awful

Grimes

Derivative uninspired amateurish synthpop. Anyone with an ounce of knowledge of electronic music would know this. Whisper singing over Casio presets is neither innovative or in any way genius.

once youve lurked for 4+ years, youll discover that the generals including the rare ones like /classical/, /jazz/, /hiphop/, /noise/, /trad/ and the constant sharethreads are generally the only places that will recommend good music

>Widely accepted as being among the greatest and most important records out of prog.
Well, now we know it's shit. Thanks for telling us.

Moonchild is an excellent pleb filter
Leave anytime OP

you're wrong and you're a faggot.
to answer your question, that one Joanna Newsom album. absolute wank for pretentious turtleneck wearing faggots.

But she's cute tho

Checked.
Which album you goldfish attention span fuck?

You're right, Sup Forums talks about some great albums that I've already heard and rarely recommends me anything new.

This, a lot of people here just listen once whilst doing gay shit then think it's shit.

All of them. Joanna Newsom is terrible.

i second this Joanna Newsom is shite

Animal Collective, MBV and any freak folk album suggested here. But I did check out Beefheart because of the memes and I actually enjoy him.

reminder that pic related is superior folks

>Modest mouse awful
Ya totally

With Spiderland I get that feeling that I would've liked it when I was younger. Or perhaps I'm just not ready for it or in the current head space. My tastes tend to change with my moods. I have about ten or twenty artists that I can turn to almost whenever, but I'm fairly capricious with what I vibe on from time to time.
That said, I'm not gonna give up on Slint. Sup Forums has turned me on to a lot of good music, and I was a big fan of about half the Sup Forums core chart before I found this site. I have that feeling that it's me, not Sup Forums.

Stop acting like you need a high IQ to understand this fucking garbage album. There's nothing to figure out. It's just bad nonsense.

Can and Swans

that is it

I appreciate TMR for the shitpost it is

Basically anything from the last 5-10 years that has electric guitars on it. From time to time, some past-loving fags hype an album LARPing with the idea that anything rock-related could still be relevant in the current year, and I fall for it. Hate myself afterwards each time.

Death Grips

>Slint
>Run the Jewels
>Sufjan Stevens
>The Avalanches

you must be either really fucking crazy or really fucking boring

>tfw actually really like TMR
Feels good not being a pleb

You dont have a high IQ by dismissing classics either. Nobody cares or values critique on an album that definitly proved itself through time. You're just not getting it and thats fine. Just dont think your opinion shines a light on collective brainwashing into liking things you egomaniac

Neither because those artists are shit.

What don't you like about him?

I ask because he's my second favorite artist and I can't understand if not liking him, or not, not hating him at least.

This
>muh jesus chriiiiiiiist xD
>le semen-stained mountain tops lol so randum xD

I even tried this, still negative.

I don't know how people can do this and call any album shit. If you weren't actually listening to the music with full attention how can you judge it? It's far more enjoyable to listen too.

One of the worst albums ever made. I stopped taking anyone's opinion on here seriously after hearing this.

Why do people on this board always fall for obvious fucking bait? Must be mental retardation or something.

if i respond to this am i falling for obvious fucking bait
too late lmao

Neutral Milk Hotel - shit
Microphones - even worse

Sufjan Stevens. Why does anyone like him?
Literally just soy-boy voice over weak fake folk instrumentals. Boring.

Man, I guess some people were just born to suck cock.. Angsty little twat

>ss s
>cock
>twat

Swans, they were incredibly boring

This thread brings closed-minded people to comment on how they dont like one particular album that people praise. It should really be titled "things you've tried because of Sup Forums but never stuck". But of course that wouldn't get many replies now would it?

For me it would have to be Loveless, never really understood shoegaze. Of course i'll try it again when I feel like it.

>I appreciate TMR for the shitpost it is
Congratulations for taking memes from a dead board seriously.

TMR is a unique experience but Beefheart himself has made albums that are better in every way except for sheer bewilderment.

Safe as Milk > TMR

Grimes

Can
Talking Heads
The Beach Boys
David Bowie
Talk Talk
Nick Drake
My Bloody Valentine
Wire

All complete irredeemable trash

Dunno.
You guys still pretedning Death Grips is good music?

>It should really be titled "things you've tried because of Sup Forums but never stuck"
So pretty much how people communicate at, hmm let's see Reddit?