Criticizing movies without having read all of classic literature and philosophy

>criticizing movies without having read all of classic literature and philosophy

>watching kino before reading the autographed director's cut script with handwritten notes and preferences

dude do I have to? what's the bare minimum I need; I've read the Oresteia, the Vulgate, Shakespeare's history plays and Phillip Larkin. the only thing I know about philosophy is plato's cave allegory.

>watching movies
Plebbiest of arts

If you read classic literature and philosophy then watching movies would be unnecessary.

Read the basics on Kant and you're set for western philosophy until Marxist dialectics

>criticising movies before having read The Quran
Absolutely haram

Never read anything except math textbooks in my life

deal with it losers

Protip, brah. Op is shite posting.

But the people making movies nowadays literary read nothing but comic books

Not even the people who are making movies are necessarily book readers and they still make great films.

Same like how there are a fuckton of great musicians who don't know shit about music theory and can't read musical notes whatsoever but they still do critically acclaimed albums.

>ever uttering a word before having read all of classic literature and philosophy
I do fret about the state of mankind.

Implying I'm not 30 books into German Idealism

>reading books when film exists

Books became outdated the second that the movie camera was invented. Film is a superior medium in every possible way and the only people who keep this dead medium alive are pseudointellectuals who only pretend to like this outdated shit so they can look "smart" on reddit. Even film is beginning to be phased out by interactive gaming and it will probably be completely replaced by it in our lifetime, so there is absolutely no excuse for being two generations behind on your entertainment medium.

someone's gonna take this b8, even with this message as a response

underrated thread

I remember when I was 18 I thought I was super patrish for being into Tarkovsky and Bergman, I thought I had discovered the end of knowledge and was smarter than everyone. Once I started actually reading books, I realized anyone who doesn't read but watches cinema might as well be watching Barney the Dinosaur, because they simply cannot understand the films they watch without having a solid grasp on the western canon. It's sad really

>forced artificial stratification
no wonder you faggots are so insufferable

Don't get mad at me for your intellectual impoverishment

>he spends all his time on Sup Forums when he could be reading books

and the human comedy perpetuates itself

Another BvS thread?

>intellectual impoverishment
>i have more imginary things than you have imaginary things