Why do drummers exist?

An AI will always be better than a drummer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HZPXMeFOmNk?t=38s
youtu.be/9a1NhRbNJ_Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_music
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because it looks cool as fuck

youtu.be/HZPXMeFOmNk?t=38s

Go watch rick and morty kid

>implying an AI could come up with this

youtu.be/9a1NhRbNJ_Y

I'M PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIICK

What drum AI do you use, friend?

Tay AI

But can an AI perform trucker's atlas

it could work for rock but not jazz
jazz drummers need to be spontaneous and work around the other players. an AI couldn't do that

There's never enough drummers. And if you find a good one he's probably in 15 other bands.

so tasteful and clean dudes incredible

man. i use drum machines and even i think you're retarded

that was some sweet playing

Drum set has more subtle nuances than a drum machine. Drum machines are great and have their applications, but there are many musical situations where you don't want crystalline perfection.
Also, by your logic, why do we have instrumentalists at all when we can just use midi?

the difference between a great drummer and a good drummer is so evident. i play drums and i could never be that fluid

>been playing drums for a year
>can only do slight variations of the basic "rock beat" consistently and in time

ehh really man it'll sound cliched but just listen to a lot of music and try to play along with it. you'll figure shit out you didn't even know you could do. that's probably possible with any instrument, but as soon as you really nail down rhythm and time signatures and of course the actual coordination of your limbs, the sky's the limit.

i've been told by very famous musicians i was a good drummer just from audio clips spread by friends of mine, and i am completely self taught

Sure. It's not called AI. It's either a drum machine or a VST if you like.

what a retarded question

t. drummer

A real drummer can convey dynamics and accents much better, can come up with things on the spot like fills much more easily, and in my opinion a real kit just sounds better for what many genres want to express (rock, jazz, metal, funk)

t. drummer

You people are worse than Rick and Morty fans

t.drummer

this. perfect doesn't equal better

you gotta wanna be the drummer in the band.

It's easily the most difficult position to fill in a band. Technical ability and the position itself. The drummer holds the band together, keeping time and rythm.

trained humans can intuitively mark time more precisely than AI, not to mention being better at tone, arranging, and creative variation.

What are some bands with AI drummers?

drumming takes skill. timpani playing however...

Why stop there? Give up on making music. Just study computer science
>Michael Nyman has identified five types of process (Nyman 1974, 5–8):

Michael Nyman has identified five types of process (Nyman 1974, 5–8):

Chance determination processes, in which the material is not determined by the composer directly, but through a system he or she creates
People processes, in which performers are allowed to move through given or suggested material, each at his or her own speed
Contextual processes, in which actions depend on unpredictable conditions and on variables arising from the musical continuity
Repetition processes, in which movement is generated solely by extended repetition
Electronic processes, in which some or all aspects of the music are determined by the use of electronics. These processes take many forms.
> Chance determination processes, in which the material is not determined by the composer directly, but through a system he or she creates
> People processes, in which performers are allowed to move through given or suggested material, each at his or her own speed
> Contextual processes, in which actions depend on unpredictable conditions and on variables arising from the musical continuity
> Repetition processes, in which movement is generated solely by extended repetition
> Electronic processes, in which some or all aspects of the music are determined by the use of electronics. These processes take many forms.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_music