Definitely.

Last season is fairly skippable, but I still enjoy it

YES
E
S

>it's an alex is a qt episode

Only like the first 2 seasons.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT

no. s1 - s5 are fantastic. s6 is very good if you're not a mentally handicapped individual.

DEY TOOK MY SON

if you don't mind a long con, go for it

I WANT MY SON

S6 was written BY mentally handicapped individuals

everything after season 3 was written by jackasses trying to plug in the huge holes they left in season 1-3, but instead of actually plugging those holes, they just jammed some dharma peanut butter in them

Come for seasons 1-3, stay for the Jack episodes.

>stay for the jack episodes

desmond episodes are the only reasons to watch anything after season 3

WALLACE

>desmond episodes

the time travel bullshit got old real fast, desu.

Will spoiler my thoughts of the ending as to not ruin for OP.

I think Season 6 had a lot of elements in it that brought people down, mostly the Flash Sideways confusing people and never really connecting with the main plot. I however saw learned to see it completely as metaphorical 100% - the Flash Sideways was story telling, in a different way of showing "who and why" they are. People who didn't understand this didn't get the ending and thought they were all dead. This confusion mixed with them not appreciating the Island lore/mystery and hoping for a bit more of an elaborate, dot connecting explanation of the Island led to people not even discussing what the Flash Sideways truly were and dismissing the show immediately. I understand wanting a little bit more out of the Island mythology, although I still appreciated it all, but when people say they were all dead is when I lose appreciation for their opinion as a television watcher.

the time travel crap is stupid if you focus on that, i always liked his episodes because i like his character and he's a good actor

season 6 had a lot of problems, but Dr. Linus was a great episode

It's one of those series that had potential but was ruined by its own success. The second they realized they had a cash cow on their hands, all the intrigue was doomed and every aspect of the show became about prolonging things as long as possible without boring away too many viewers.

I followed it for a long time because I couldn't let go of the potential, but Locke dying and being replaced by a smoke-monster impostor was the moment I realized the show was just doing shit to do it. There was no direction.

The show is a disrespectful mess. But its watchable, especially if you have someone to discuss it with as you do, to create the illusion that something interesting is actually happening.

ben is pretty much the only character who had growth in season 6

one of my favorite scenes is this youtube.com/watch?v=XFrYMO0jhGs

Lost shines in its characters, the plot was always average at best.

Either lurk or back to plebbit with you.

And killing off Locke, whose ideological conflict with Jack was the driving force of the show, and replacing him with a poorly-defined goddamn smoke monster played by the same actor is respectful of the characters?

The characters were ultimately bungled in the name of stoking the fire and keeping the money train running, just like the rest of the show.

I'll say yes because everyone I've gotten to watch the whole thing post-finale has agreed that it's fantastic.

But it really was event television and it's incomparable as a live viewing experience. Marathoning it and having access to google and the like and not having looooong hiatus periods and weeks between episodes takes something away from it all, I feel.

except kate. kate is a fucking mess of a character and even the actress complained about how she was written. every two fucking seconds she's back and forth between jack and sawyer. it got old in the second season and they kept fucking doing it over and over and over and over.

idk why they had to make smokey turn into locke. that was fucking lame. why not just have him manipulate locke into killing jacob? there's a million ways they could have kept locke around instead of doing what they did, they used the most ridiculous way possible just to have the big reveal at the end of season 5 that locke was dead and it's not locke.

>takes something away from it all, I feel
It adds to it because you don't spend absurd amounts of time building up a dumb headcanon of what you want to happen, only to be disappointed by the actual show. Watching it live was cool because of the bullshit theory thread discussion, but ultimately it makes latter end of the show itself end up feeling worse.

>it's an alex accidentally grabs kate's boobs episode

You're an idiot, it's obvious you don't understand even the most basic aspects of Lost. Locke died because he had to, his character ran his cycle, his story came to an end, and he was the most significant character that led to most of Jack's development.

I'm not denying Lost was dragged for money, it sure was and trying to derail the discussion into that will accomplish nothing. It did, though, stay true to its characters, and that's where Lost shines. There's a reason why half the episodes are pure character development, plus the focus they get in the actual "plot" as you call it. Everything in the series led purely to its strongest points, the interactions, motivations and how their personalities change. The "plot", smoke monster, the others, the tail section of the plane, Jacob, the hatch, everything was either a tool to promote the characters or simply to add more characters and interactions to the story.

Of course, to this day mystery faggots are buttblasted their nonsensical story didn't get a proper ending, as anyone with half a brain cell expected. People praise Lost in this board for two reasons: the huge hype in the airing days and how well it handles what It should. So I'll say once more, go lurk before posting.

Jack became Locke after Locke died. A man of faith. And post-incident, he even mellowed out the hubris that Locke burden his faith with.

The MiB embodied many of the characteristics of Jack seasons 1-4. A man of science, an obsessed man, a man yearning to be free of imaginary shackles.

Because the MiB looks like Locke, it was a pretty obvious inversion of that ideological conflict but it went way over your head, like I imagine most of the show probably did.
idk man, I liked the headcanon. I liked the speculation. It kept you on your toes. You realise that they answered the polar bear question in season 3 because you're always looking for clues, whereas watching 10 episodes for the first time in one night, you'll miss a lot of that stuff, get to the end, and moan that they never explained the bears.

Absolutely not. Don't do it to yourself, OP. You'll be cursing countless wasted hours. Don't get suckered like I did.

I wish I could forget all about that shit just so that I can enjoy it for the first time again and try and guess what'll happen next amongst other fans./spoiler].

one of my few regrets in life is spoiling the twist ending of season 3 before watching it

Surely everyone these days would see it coming though.

The WHTGB quote is iconic, along with the facial hair.

>The MiB embodied many of the characteristics of Jack seasons 1-4. A man of science, an obsessed man, a man yearning to be free of imaginary shackles.
>Because the MiB looks like Locke, it was a pretty obvious inversion of that ideological conflict but it went way over your head, like I imagine most of the show probably did.

mib is nothing like season 1-4 jack, stop talking out of your ass

yea mib is totally a man of science, lol wtf

Were you asleep throughout the entire third last episode?

were you asleep through the entire seasons of 1-4?

youtube.com/watch?v=QAvLsy0tuqg

Watch this scene and tell me Jack and Locke don't remind you of two other characters on the show.

Locke didn't "have to" die. How did his story run its course more than any other character?

Your point is that the rest of the show's quality doesn't really matter because it was all in service to the characters, but my point is that those characters suffered just as heavily by the show deforming into meandering pile of nothing.

It was only inversion of the conflict for Jack, which ruined the dynamic between the characters. I'd argue the core of the show was that relationship, so messing it up was fatal.
Jack accepting faith is a pretty interesting culmination of the conflict, but they did it before the climax and took out the other major player, so what should have been the realization of the show's driving force instead felt weak. Instead of Locke's culmination, we have an objectively evil smoke thing with a system of beliefs we don't understand as well or even care about standing in his place.

It was a baffling thing to do with Locke's character. If you want to claim the show's strong suit is its characters, then the most important relationship in the show being bungled horribly in the final act is a pretty big problem.

OP, I say YES.

Just don't have any sky high expectations and recognize that the show has many flaws.

Flaws aside, it's still highly enjoyable due to the amazing ensemble cast. Just about every single one of them is fantastic to watch, even if the material is sometimes lacking.

This show is more about the journey than the destination. Don't be sweating about "how everything will end". Enjoy the wild ride, because some of the shit that happens in this show was absolutely groundbreaking and spellbinding.

Fuckin magnets

They survived the crash and all, but they did eventually die after the events of the last season.Hurley is probably the one who lived the longest since he was the new Jacob and didn't aged.