Is VAR going to kill the sport?

Don't want to sound like an amerifat but how are we supppsed to take the sport seriously now when such blatant, inexcusable corruption and/or incompetence is happening with zero explanation or transparency?

Bad refereeing has always happened, but this shit pretty much kills the sport as a contest.

It's been shown in this match, that it does not stop the poor officiating. An obvious 100% sure red card is ignored even after a replay.

Dude a a German player just got an elbow hit to the face and the chimp who did it only got a yellow.

VAR means nothing as long as referees are still corrupt pieces of shit.

This.

VAR is really no big deal. Shit refs will still be shit and the good ones will rarely really on it.

The question has to be asked if it was poor officiating or corruption. How can 3 referees not know what constitutes a red card? Maybe they wanted a showpiece finish for their meme tournament.

It will make game threads better tho

without var, there would not even have been a yellow
so it is an improvement, though not enough

In my opinion it should be used like a challenge system in Tennis and the manager has to call for it, if the original call on the field stands then the team that called for it loses their challenge for the rest of the half.

Also we 100% have to be able to hear what the video referees are saying.

good post

Was almost as bad as the big brawl in that other game where they only showed three yellows

with a regular competent /bundes/ ref it would have been a red without any var fuckery

Elite opinion: Games are better when the ref has a degree of freedom.
10 vs 11 in a final is cancer. Only rulefags will defend this.

Every game there was a VAR fuck up. Also why the fuck is the referee having to look at a screen to see the incident again? I thought the whole point of VAR is that the van refs can make these calls for the referee. If the future of football is the referee running off to the dug out camera to check every penalty or offside decision then the sport is fucking dead.

Always been against video replays, always will be. Refs just delegate every non-100% decision to VAR and STILL fuck it up.

It should be like handegg, in my opinion. Give the ref a microphone, force him to explain what the fuck he supposedly saw.

With the Malian referee awarding the yellow cards individually over a space of about 8 minutes instead of all at the same time.

>no big deal.
If there's no net win, why destroy the flow of the game with minutes-long interruptions? If they can't get it to improve the game, it needs to be shelved.

Ref was pretty bad and should've handed the red card, VAR should at least have authority to overrule the ref in case he's shitty

Hopefully in 10 years we'll all be on Sup Forums saying ">you now remember VAR".

>Mfw managers start using injury time tactical VAR calls to waste time like they do with subs

>player about to take a pressure penalty
>other team asks for a VAR challenge to keep him waiting for 10 minutes

I expected VAR to be some type of technology that would allow you to see for sure if a player was offside or not, not a bunch of dudes watching
slow mo replays

This shit could totally ruin the World Cup. They have to make huge amendments to it now or drop it completely.

It's complete bullshit so far desu

VAR refs take the decision though

Wait can the VAR guys actually make decisions or do they just recommend incidents for review?

The VAR can make Decisions, but the Ref can go and review it if he thinks it can be challenged.

Its a real pain in the ass.

Only the actual referee can call the VAR and make decisions about it.

>competent /bundes/ ref

I want VAR for the premier league. Let's make it a total shitfest.

no. the reason why handegg refs have mics is because handegg rules are too complicated.
here it was elbow in the face. ref judged it was unvoluntary so yellow. nothing asking for a verbal explanation
and 2bh I don't see any case needing an explanation in football

"main" ref, who is actually the only real ref that matters and take all the ultimated decisions, can waste 2 minutes to go near the bench to review the action on a computer screen.
that sucks, because he wastes 2 minutes of actual playtime which are not added.
in this game they added only 4 minutes (or 5?) despite the usual wasted time (which always add 2 minutes), Kimmich vs. Bravo incident, 1 injury, and 2 video reviews.
I really, really hope they end up, in the future, with a handheld device for the ref, like a wi-fi connected smartphone screen on his arm or something like that, to insta-review what the video refs send him.

>every other sport on the planet has it
>muh football is spehshul no reviews or we'll lose for sure

Eat shit refbabbies

They could just stop the clock during VAR.

''It's good because everyone else does it''

Globalists this way ---> leddit

that isn't the point. we don't want constant pauses like in throwball or baseball. a 90 minutes game

>we

I would rather have stops but better refereeing.

>everyone else does it
>goddamn everybody is using lighters to start fire
>I'm a retard that still continues to rub sticks together
>Fucking globalists!

>>>/eaightchan/

>hassan
opinion discarded

VAR is just a tool. It all depends on the ref.

I wouldn't be concerned if VAR is implemented in the PL. As a Manchester United customer, my team plays boring football anyway so stopping the play a couple times isn't a big deal.

your a tool lmao

They just implemented it in the worst possible way so they can claim it didn't work and get rid of it again