Ask an Americlap living in Florence anything

Ask an Americlap living in Florence anything

What's the biggest difference between 'Muricans and Italians?

Italians are generally pretty friendly and know enough English to have a basic enough conversation with if you want something

I guess in America if you were to speak a non-English language you'd be shit out of luck considering most of us don't speak a second language

Weird thing though, they stare here. I guess its just a thing they do but its kind of unusual as someone who interprets that as weird in the US

you an army man?

yankie go home

Are you learning Italian, user?

Nah, studying abroad like a fucking nerd

Fuck off Nip

No I'm studying [spoiler]Art History[/spoiler]

English program? Are there many foreigners?

I'm from Missouri so one of the instructors from my home university is teaching a class her on the patrons of Florence/Renaissance art while we're here. Everyone in my program is English but there are a FUCKTON of Asians living here, the apartment they put me in is practically in a Chinatown district.

Agree Tuscany and Lombardy are overrun by chineses

That sounds pretty cool, user. I recommend everyone to go abroad to study if given the opportunity.

Why the fuck are they here? Asians were the last majority minority I expected to see here. Like they're nice enough and mind their own business (unlike the North African pickpocketers and aggressive Middle Eastern merchants).

Yeah I'm glad I took the trip, was really stepping out of my comfort zone doing it but in the end I think its definitely worth it.

Sounds cool. Good luck with your studies, have fun taking the many treasures of Italy in as you're there. Or putting things in them, as appropriate.

Y'see I would but Italian women are really stoic and cold. They're obsessed with appearances and fashion but they're so conditioned to men being horny teases in this country that most of them won't even look sideways at you.

Probably because they bought so many italian companies and trademarks, just like germans
Also this 100% true unfortunately. It's a mess with those low iq attention whores they care only about look... And nothing else. From north to south

I met a really pretty girl at the Uffizi though. We we're looking at all the same pieces of art and moving at the exact same pace. She asked me something in Italian and when I awkwardly told her I didn't understand she started speaking English very well. We talked like the rest of the day and hung out in the Palazzo Medici-Riccardi until they closed, she left for Malibu the day after. Her name was Angelina and I gave her my number but I think she forgot to add me on Whatsapp.

One bad part about this trip is the loneliness, I get pretty depressed on the weekends that I don't have class because the classmates I actually talk to are always busy.

Try Prato, is 6% chinese or something like that, they tend to create ghettos

I took a day trip to Sienna and it was beautiful and I saw extremely few foreigners, I'd really like to go back there some day

What does the acronym DHN stays for?

No idea

lol, what a cuck

>and know enough English to have a basic enough conversation with if you want something
t. only interacted with bright University students
Fucking no one here knows English enough to carry a conversation

they do when they want some anglo cock ;)

>be foreigner
>complain about foreigners, only want the TRVE Italian experience despite that mostly be a fake image forged to appeal to foreigners
with buying power
What you want to see is "I don't want to see poor brown people in the same space I'm willing to pretend is really a XVIII century scenery"
Fuck you too

>forgot to add me
kek

t. nigger

You're in one of the most talkative nations on the planet and most people under 35-40 speak half-decent English, how are you lonely?

Are you autistic or just black?

>most people under 35-40 speak half-decent English
Blatantly false

It stands for DiaHaNe, a typical slang Word of florence

wanna go out for a beer or something?
I live 30 mins from Florence

Lads, I've never seen it before, but Italian flags are looking identical to Irish ones to me.

Just posting so the juxtaposition can put me at ease.

underrated kek

Are you masochist? Why picking an african country over USA?

are you still here americlap?

Ye still here, cooked myself some food

if you feel alone or bored we could grab a beer or something if you want
I live nearby and I know the city pretty well
I'm not a sperg or anything, I just know it would be nice being in your situation if a local offered to hang out

I might take you up on that. Not tonight though, I've got some plans to go out with some classmates. Where should I find you?

I made a throwaway mail
[email protected]
send me a message if you want, so we can exchange numbers/whatever