Music for normies that think they aren't normies

Music for normies that think they aren't normies

(Usually applies to the artists themselves too)

This, mf doom and tyler the creator

your favourite artist

Right now, the most relevant artist for this is brockhampton.

Sup Forumscore

>Dude we're like... so different that we look like an h&m commercial and we sound like every soundcloud artist ever

Anything that isnt harsh noise or power electronics

Pretty much, and I would include Mac Demarco, xxyyxx, old skool hip hop heads who only listen to old skool hip hop, talib kweli, mumford and sons--obviously, alt-j, and classic rock fans who only listen to classic rock

/thread.

Whitehouse
Joy Division
Swans
Brand New
My Chemical Romance
My Bloody Valentine
Soundcloud rap
Vaporwave
Black Flag

post punk in general, really.

All modern music from all genres sans classical/baroque.

Post punk was intentionally uncommercial in general. I don't understand your reasoning behind this. Not every post punk band is a Joy Division copy.

Whatever you listen to, clearly.

What a new, and original post!

>inb4 someone takes this as me disagreeing

>This pop music is so avant garde!

RYM-core, definitely.

You're a normie if you think you're not a normie

Yes, correct. Your point being?

A key trait to normalfags is posturing. This whole thread is posturing, therefore everybody itt is a normalfag who thinks that they aren't a normalfag, and therefore all of your favorite music is music for normies who think thy aren't normies

See

Mac DeMarco

Nobody listens to xxyyxx anymore.
There are hundreds of bedroom producers who make shit that sounds just as appealing or even more so than what he made.

Duh

Seconded.
His early stuff is normie as fuck.

my thoughts exactly

also they rip off memphis hip hop utterly shamelessly
they should be sued bankrupt

I'm pretty sure Norm MacDonald knows he's a normie.

THIS

by who

All rap

>Using the word normie unironically
Listen to yourself

I am one, desu. What's wrong with this?

well I haven't listened to all their bullshit but I know they rereleased a whole track from Blackout without changing the beat at all or crediting him

it shows extreme dishonesty as artists - they don't give a fuck about music, they're getting easy money by stealing from a scene not many have come into contact with

its not about "dishonesty", theyre just trendy edgy guys appealing to suburban kids

How come almost all of these albums are trash?

you shouldn't be calling other people normies if you are a filthy normie scum to the reddit chambers

wrong on death grips mark

ok what do you like then?

My names mark and I like the death grips I've seen em live a few times very good live performance. I'm probably not a normie.

/thread

Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Pale Cocoon, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, DNA, Peter Brötzmann, Natalie Rose LeBrecht, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Haruomi Hosono, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, zeitkratzer, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Jorge Ben, Aporea, Half Japanese, Pelt, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Hijokaidan, Harry Partch, Frances Baskerville, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, Djeli Moussa Diawara, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Raphael Rogiński, Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze and Kaoru Abe

I like chill hiphop beats for gaming and studying.

Im going to listen to all of these

ok see you in about 7 months

They take what seems like half of their instrumentals from three 6 mafia songs.

oh come one, I think the mu-core list is pretty shit and dated as fuck, but you seriously can't take higher ground with a response like that

I'm just joshing you haha

I'm kinda a fan, but this
specifically albums like strawberry jam are so normy in nature, the entire thing is nearly derived entirely off 60's pop, beach boys even more specifically

no normalfag could ever get into deathgrips

wtf why do they look so greasy and disgusting in that pic?

youre 5 years late to unironically believing this lmao

this thread is proof that Sup Forums is the worst board

My entire year in high school loved death grips.

not the user, but I had Death Grips in my playlist. None around me liked when it was my turn to choose the tracks when we were on the road.

they didn't get the proper meaning of the beatdown

Yeah I went to a school full of artsy druggy types so that might be it.

maybe you are the artsy druggy type but your ego don't allows you to be sincere with yourself

Depends how normie we're talking about
>only pop/top 40
Halsey, Lana Del Rey, Melanie Martinez, Lil Peep, Joji
>basic art-ho
The Cure, Mac DeMarco, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys
>mu
Death Grips, Frank Zappa, idk this board shits on everything.
But it all depends how you define normie

how on earth do people go to art schools without wanting to shoot up the place? art schools are home to the most insufferable self fart smelling fuckers on earth.

I have to assume you were a part of said group, then.

I don't even know how Joji is so 'famous'. He should've died as Filthy Frank, but he lived too much and now he's seeing himself avoiding to be PewDiePie

Every single musical composition ever created.

serious question: are you 14 years old?

nope, 22 when this happened. But I don't live in the US or Europe. So the culture is very different. Here we would enjoy some MC's, but not MC Ride... More MC Livinho, MC Lan...

I feel sorry for your eardrums

at least it's not reggaton blasting at 3am

Reggaeton

DES

PA

What is the point of these threads? Who gives a fuck.

people need approval

Was about to say after doing a Ctrl+F, "Not a single fucking person said Radiohead?"

it's already implied in the general context

CI

List of some of my favorite artists:

-galimatias
-WRLD
-sky sailiing
-jamie xx
-com truise
-postal service
-medasin
-angels and airwaves

how normie am I?

yeah,sure

the fact that people are so sheltered and detached from society on this board that they think normies would like death grips

>later stuff

autism

cute fox

Juciy J is producing their new album lol

Based on what I recognize from that list, I'd label you as a solid artsy hipster normie scumbag.

Lame Impala