Bermuda here with your regularly scheduled taking questions

Bermuda here with your regularly scheduled taking questions.

Rum induced answers to life's problems if you dare to ask. I will respond until I either get tired or you stop asking.

what is the flag in the picture?

Bermuda. It's the red British ensign with the Bermuda coat of arms which depicts the shipwreck of the Sea Venture. Our national motto which means “Whither the Fates Carry [Us]” (in this case Sup Forums)

oh

Yeah.

What do you think about triangles?

is it hot or cold there?

do the people in your country like the flag or are they going to change it and make me sad?

Sometimes I think they're a cute.

wait why did I say that

Quite cool right now. I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt getting drunk on my boat and it's quite chilly.

There are a few idiots who want to design some sort of national flag but they tend to be communists or far-right nationalists. As-is our flag is here to stay.

Do you hate British like the rest of us?

Because you're America and you have no clue about the rest of the world. It's okay, we still love you and welcome you with open arms as guests in our homes.

Didn't Canada's flag resemble your before they fagged out.

Getting smashed on the boat, eh?

Sounds like a great old time. Well played, sir. Well played.

No, I love being British. I hate the English. And the Scottish. The Welsh are the only civilised nation of the bunch of them.

apologize for going full retard as always.

also
>on a boat

nice man what time is it for you?

Are alot of people there of Irish ancestry ?
I read that alot of Irish were brought to Bermuda as bonded chattel after the war with Cromwell.

It did. Back when they were still Great they had a similar flag. I would say sorry on behalf of the British Empire but that would take away the one thing they still do well.

Is Bermuda, Bahamas or Barbados better for a holiday?

No. Now we only allow the Irish plague on our shores because they happen to be trained accountants who understand the GAAP we use here.

>I hate the English.

Maybe your national anthem should be "cast your fate to the wind".

Do you guys have good food there? What about seafood?

Are you a cracker

Whites are the creation of the devil

would you be willing to become part of Canada or are you against the idea

Are you rich or poor? Are you travelling alone or with someone?

If you're rich and travelling with company Bermuda is beyond compare and you will meet people, experience things that you never imagined possible.

If not then you should go somewhere boring and cookie cutter.

Don't worry England, I think it's hilarious that you're throwing pork products at a mosque in Marseille.

Maybe. There was an attempt to make it "Hail to Bermuda" but that's a bit too nationalistic circle-jerk for me.

Going to Bermuda this summer for vacation and want to go fishing. Could you recommend a good inshore fishing charter?

The food here is fantastic. Most of the cooks and chefs are imported from overseas because there is no talent locally so if a restaurant is going to import someone they may as well get the best. We have incredibly good restaurants for such a small place.

Racial slurs don't go far here. It's a black majority country and racism in all its forms is generally unacceptable.

ahghhahahahahahhahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahah

ahahahahahahahhahahaahhaha

No.

Ok for money and traveling with company

You've made it sound very Eyes Wide Shut

AYY

Man up and go offshore. What's your budget?

Keith Winter does a great experience and is a legendary pirate. I have no idea what his boat is called.

First Bermudian I have seen in a while

It's as eyes wide shut as you make it. Combine 3am Cafe Cairo nightclub with a 5am beach and you've made a legendary night.

Yeah, you probably saw me on Front Street today. Don't panic.

what parish you live in user

Where is a good area to stay?

Pembroke. You?

And thanks for this thread it's interesting

Have you got random pics you can post?

any where in st.davids.

Smiths

>Canada will never have the Red Ensign again

Hey neat, is there a lot to do on your island? Also another user mentioned going with people to Bermuda as opposed to going alone,why is that?

Do you guys have a British accent or a more American one?

Do you plan on leaving the island for university or whatever? Are there many job prospects there?

Are you white, black, or mixed? Is there big class/race divisions?

Personally I would stay in walking distance of Hamilton or in downtown St. George's. If you want a beach vibe some of the South Shore hotels offer a nice experience.

Hamilton and centrally located will get you the best transport options. Bermuda gets better the more times you come so once you know your way around rent a house or condo in the central area, rent a scooter, and find your own adventures.

Would love to but the people I'm going with aren't too big on fishing and I think it'd be much easier to convince them to go inshore fishing. Budget would preferably be ~$100 per adult.

Bump

are you Bermudian or an immigrant

Endless photos. This place is unimaginably photogenic. I could just wander around and shoot photos all day and never take a bad shot.

Are you in the Bermuda Triangle? Ever disappear or shit? Or see shit disappear?

There is a ton to do but you have to find it yourself. It won't jump out and bite you because it isn't touristy. For example, a violin concert in an underground cave. Amazingly good but you would never know unless someone told you... so if you didn't know you would find an empty city and empty bars... but if you knew you'd have had one of the great experiences of your life.

Come be a state and bring PR and USVI with you too.

How are the drugs? Easy to find?

I hate to be rude, but you're not under the impression that's a good photograph, are you? Maybe after a bit of processing it could look nice, but just being in a pretty place doesn't make your photos good. Continue please though, I'm just being pedantic.

It doesn't really exist. I have one really good Bermuda triangle story but it is nothing supernatural and it is identifying so I will keep it a secret.

so what do you think of the shit government we have

We almost became the 14th state but British sympathies won out (really a tendency to play both sides).

Drugs are difficult to find and expensive. Rum is expensive and easy to find so pick your poison wisely.

>I'm just being pedantic
Nah you're being a huge faggot. That picture is fucking beautiful.

Can one of you guys answer this?

Don't make me come over there and empire the shit out of you

That sucks because I love weed and rum.

Same.

Go fuck yourself you arrogant cunt; no one enjoys your company and your family hate you. Also you have no soul.

>When you suffer from lack of sleep induced hostility

Oh, pudding I'm sorry I offended you.

That was a random shot with my iPhone 6S while I was out for a walk with my wife near our house. No post-processing just a quick snapshot of a moment in daily life one weekday evening.

Incredibly competent but terrible at communication.

Behind the scenes they're a great government. The Civil Service is useless.

I have always felt that the accent is more American

Leaving for university is a must because there is only one mediocre college. If you want to be a plummer of an electrician you go there. The best jobs on the island are in insurance.

The island is majority black, but there is a significant proportion of white people because of immigration. There is somewhat of a class division, mainly because of immigration importing workers for high income jobs in insurance or accounting.

Are you white?

>We almost became the 14th state
Ya'll actually used to be a part of my state for awhile back in colonial times which is pretty cool.

>Drugs are difficult to find and expensive.
I'm sure this is generally true but last time I was there one of the Bermudian guys at the bar I was at gave me and my cousins the joint that had been chilling in his ear. We were there with a small group of locals just chilling for a couple hours buying rounds of for each other and when he had to leave he just gave it to us. Good times.

We have a more American accent because both the Bermudian and American accents have the rhotic "R" sound of the earlier colonies as opposed to the non-rhotic English of modern Britain and later colonies.

I left the island for university. The job opportunities are narrow but deep. There are some very small career paths here that one can be the best in the world and become very rich working here, there are others where you will have to leave to find work no matter how good you are.

There are large cultural and racial differences but this is a polite society. Culture is more important than race in dividing people.

why are you such a fucking faggot attention whore? high estrogen levels?

Are you white or black?

He gave you $30. Bermudians tend to be generous to our guests.

You're not a tourist here, you're a guest.

Bermuda is Vapor

I'm sold

Indeterminate. I pass for either.

Possibly. Maybe that's why I post on an anonymous image board and answer whatever question you guys fire at me.

This is probably a unique opportunity for you. You get to ask a question of a wealthy self-made 30something who will answer whatever question you ask him... so maybe you should take that opportunity and try to learn something that will improve your own life... or maybe you should call him an attention whore. Either one is fine with me.

Where's all my boats? You have some of my planes too, kinda need them back...

yeah you're a faggot

get your head out of your ass you egotistical prick

Spanish Point Park in the evening is a great spot for sunsets.

I'm going to your island in literally 2 weeks, what restaurant should me and my wife hit up? Cost is not an issue

;_; i'm sorry you guys don't get to see lots of sunsets over the ocean. i understand the bitterness.
t.california

i'm not offended and the place looks beautiful. i just wish i could see it better.

Bolero on Front St. It is a hidden gem. I love Ruby Murrays as well for Indian food. Rosas Cantina does legendary tex-mex.

If you can make it to brunch at The Reefs it is pretty much the best buffet you've ever seen.

/biz/raeli here

Self made how?

I started my career in finance (Bermuda has lots of insurance and some investment firms) and then got involved in a startup business that became successful over the last few years.

what company you work at?

Thanks m8, I've been there twice before but always by shitty fucking cruise . We're flying in and staying in Hamilton this time, is scooter rental the best transport? I've been looking at he ferrys and shit.

I would literally never post that on Sup Forums. This place is small enough that it would be easy to track me down.

How did you become richfag enough to live in Bermuda?

fine. I didn't really expect that but could you at least tell me your degree

Cruises are terrible.

You're doing it right this time. Scooter is great if you can feel confident but otherwise taxi, ferry, and bus.

Hit up Tom Moore's Jungle (Blue Hole Park) and take water with you. There is a company doing tours now. Use them to give you the tour then go back on your own and explore.

South Shore is your jungle. Go there at night with a bottle of wine and walk between Warwick Long Bay and Horseshoe (go to the Warwick Long Bay parking lot and take a right) and have the night of your life. Be sure to taxi home if you have been drinking.

Friday nights just hit Hamilton. Announce that you are a tourist and expect to be taken care of. Don't mistake friendly for creepy but there are creepy people. Friendly people will take care of you and welcome you.

Economics.

I was born here, grew up here, and came back here in my early 20s.

Awesome, stupid American question also, I know your currency is tagged to ours, so does like everywhere take the US dollar or should I exchange currency?

that's pretty cool. What school of economics do you follow and is your job more speculative or calculative

It would be stupid to convert it, since all stores accept American and the bank changes service frees for transactions.

Just show up with American dollars. You will get Bermuda dollars in change at a 1:1 exchange ratio. Before you go ask a Bermudian business to give you US dollars for your Bermudian and they probably will because they don't care, the exchange rate is really 1:1. Don't wait until you're in the airport because they just don't have many US dollars in the till.

Ok awesome thanks