Seven Samurai

So we can all agree that this is the best movie of all time, yes?

BABBY'S

FIRST

FOREIGN FILM

Often true, but it's still great, and even people's first exposure to it can tell

Is probably still Oldboy.

thats an opinion

for me its pic related

RAN is better

Seven Samurai is number 1, but I do love me some Oldboy.

I agree.

It encompasses every emotion of the human spirit while also having astounding cinematography.

Anyone who says otherwise probably has ADHD and can't sit through a gorillion hours of subtitles.

Can we all agree that """Japanese cinema"""" is the biggest meme cinema ever?
>muh Kurosawa
>muh Ozu

Back to your superhero thread.

Same

It was okay. 6/10. Overhyped as fuck like all "classics".

Not even the best Kurosawa movie. Rashomon was better

Watch more film.

>7 Samurai
>Only 6 men in the image

most people are on Sup Forums plebs and haven't actually researched what the film even did or any Akira Kurosawa films and the firsts in his films

Seven Samurai is fantastic, but Ikiru is probably my favorite Kurosawa film.

Haven't seen it yet. Are the characters as underdeveloped as Magnificent 7? Where you just know them as "Big mountain man", "Mexican", "The Asian Ninja" ect?

I find it the worst of Kurosawa's films I have seen. I genuinely do not like anything about Seven Samurai.

Then tell us. What did the film do?

Magnificent 7 is better

Good film, but I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed by the big climax that was hyped for the first two hours. I liked the part in town where they meet up with all the samurai best.

My first foreign film was "White Fang".

Objectively wrong. Unless you mean the 2016 M7 in which case you are memeing.

not at all, it's pretty fucking good though

All time !? I recommend "Vertigo" !!!

I hafta agree with ya. Those punks haven't seen enough films !!

Yeah. They're all broad samurai stereotypes. Except maybe Minafune's character.

Seven Samurai is objectively the Top 10 film ever. Obviously there are gaijinfags who think they're know-it-alls and they'll throw some obscure Korean and Malaysian family dramas at you and claim they're best films ever, but who gives a shit about those contrarians.

I recommended suicide.

desu I think it's hard to say any movie is a top 10 movie. I would rather separate movies into tiers. When you get to really great movies they are all pretty much equal. It's just personal choice by that point