How should meme thieves be punished?

How should meme thieves be punished?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/06/08/dudes-tried-to-take-credit-for-a-womans-viral-hillary-clinton-meme-because-of-course-they-did/#
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't get it

>normies unironically think tweeting a bunch of emojis is a meme
By that standard, Black Twitter is the true home of Meme Magick

Poor girl, what they did to her is literally rape

Yeah, totally original idea.

Shouldn't the woman emoji be replaced with a white old man emoji?

Who'd steal this

>literal internet meme wars, in all seriousness, being actually seriously discussed and argued over

Fucks sake, the internet should never have slipped into the hands of retarded normies.

Presidents

If this is news worthy can we have a documentary pls?

>Implying that all white men look alike.
>Can't be racist / sexist towards white men.

What the fuck?

Why are all the "bad" white men bald?

There has never been a bald president. MAYBE Eisenhower, but hes still got a little hair on top.

Bald discrimination makes me fucking rage.

>Obama was the 24th President

Normalfags are cancer. In order for something to even be a meme in the first place, it has to be spread by other people. Otherwise it's just a shitty unfunny picture you made.

Literally OC do not steal: normie edition.

This is the first thing I saw too.

Oh for fucks sake.
Are people nowadays so deprived of creativity, that they latch onto chain messages and want to start copyrighting them or something?

>Stolen

Also if it's a meme, then it's supposed to be stolen by everyone.
It's not a piece of art that people are tracing and claiming as their own and the creator sure as hell isn't supposed to claim fame over creating the fucking thing.
But of course this is way beyond the attention seeking normies comprehension.
Memes aren't fun little brainfarts to them, they're probably considered a fucking status symbol or something.
>Look at me, over 8000 likes!
>I'm so important.

Have a dank TinTin to go with that.
Don't you fucking dare to steal this picture.

>normies unironically latching onto """their"""" memes, entirely missing the point

I hate meme police

Fuck whitey

>it took her a year and a half to come up with that shitty meme

>literally just this pic + a woman
>I downloaded this pic sometime in 2008

Best part is she's one of the Democratic Digital strategist. She's Hillarys meme brigade.

She paid to meme and she's mad that her memes are a success. She's said it's not right that viral maymays don't give proper credit.

>a year and a half of the hardest work of my life
>making stale memes on twitter
Can we make feminism punishable by law now, please?

>Eisenhower before Truman

it was almost good

They are implying that all other president have been old white men.

>emoji art
wut

That autism though.

As if we needed more proof that Hillary's meme team is entirely incompetent and literally less experienced and qualified than a bunch of Sup Forums autists.

This is what happens when you major in Communications, I guess. How out of touch can you be, baka desu

Yeah "old" "dirty" "racist" "privileged" white BALD men. Because bald = BAD. I am extremely offended.

>Not by just anyone, mind you: In the hours after Olin’s tweet *celebrating a great moment for women* went viral, it was apparently lifted, without credit, by a series of men. Many of them were themselves journalists or political operatives; several have since deleted their tweets after followers objected.

>“They apparently had zero appreciation of the irony,” an exasperated Olin told Intersect by DM. “Honestly I think it’s a wider anthropological sign of what the Internet is like now and I’m resigned to that — but the white men appropriating it last night of all nights was a bit too much for me.”

>Olin is not naive about the way attribution and appropriation work — make that don’t work — online: She’s a social media strategist for Democratic campaigns and was the architect behind Barack Obama’s wildly successful social media strategy in 2012. She points to the infamous case of the “Hi Becky” meme, or “the Fat Jew’s entire existence”: Basically, there’s no standards for attribution in viral culture … which is how people like Matt McDermott can get a funny text and tweet the joke out himself without ever crediting the intermediary or the person who wrote it.

tl;dr Success meme are litterly rape. Fucking White males propagating my ideas. Who cares if that's my job?

washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/06/08/dudes-tried-to-take-credit-for-a-womans-viral-hillary-clinton-meme-because-of-course-they-did/#

Don't you dare

death

So you would delete reddit then?

I'm ok with this.

Fucking idiots can't even count to 45? And this is """""""art"""""""? So if I do the old classic :) face, is it art too?

>hey guys look at my meme
>HEY STOP MEMEING MY MEME

What a fuckin retard, how did this dumb cunt ever get a job being a "journalist" anyway?

No THIS is art

Thread from last night

Bonus it has some nice OC

"art"

okay but where's the meme, i don't see it

Ugh. You fucking why people are all the same. Can't appreciate maymays from the brilliant mind of a marginalized women.

>Obama was a mustached Iberian

For

my god! a "meme" was "stolen" from someone on the internet with no copyrights or any way to say it was originally theirs?
this has to be stopped

also they dot have the meme power to get hillary into office

> meme: an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
> a digital media "expert" whines that her meme is plagarized and digital culture correspondent writes a sex war baiting article about it

Wake me up senpai

How can we protect our memes, Sup Forums? Copyright, maybe? Can't let those pesky internet users take them without our permission.

just leaving this meme here, please don't steal it while I'm gone

meme thieves

It is a meme, but not a Sup Forums-tier meme. Comparable with Reddit and 9gag.

Hillary is the ultimate in un-forceable memes

our memes are too dank and edgy to be stolen.
not to mention we've evolved out memes passed the regular

(text above)

(text below)
shit.

we simply use a picture and those who have lurked enough can form a whole argument out of it.

we truly are the masters - a 4chins autist

This is Pipi the frog. OC meme DO NOT STEAL.

These fucking idiots. They don't have a clue what memes are.
They call it a meme, and then they get mad when people ''plagiarize'' it.
A meme by definition is an idea that spreads like a virus. These people should be happy that someone makes the same shitty ''joke'' or they should stop calling it a meme.
Fucking morons.

Am I plagiarizing when I draw a rare Pepe?

Hahahahaahahaha, good one leaf.

>an idea that spreads like a virus
WE WUZ INCEPTIONS AN SHIIIIET

WE WUZ PRESIDENT

Why is Obama Mexican?

>meme
>stealing

women have no idea how this shit works.

they didn't have a bomb emoji

>That thread

I just want to say I love you guys, I love you all

woops

I hope she's doing it for free. But then again odds are she's the daughter of some rich jew and is being paid like 60k a year for this shit. Fuck politics.

>meme thieves
Holy shit the depths of your autism knows no bounds

So if stealing memes is criminal offense when does Reddit get shut down?

We need to cut down on illegal immigration to Sup Forums
>They're bringing shitpost
>They're bringing butthurt
>They're cry babies
>And some I assume are rare dat boi's

Here's a great thing about this
The ''meme'' is pro-Hillary, and the only FUCKING WHITE MALES who will ''plagiarize'' it are pro-Hillary.
These men are being harassed by people on their own side. They get shouted down for being FUCKING WHITE MALES. That should wake up maybe one or two of them.
These people are backing the enemy.

>this is the state of journalism today

>meme thievery

I think we know who's behind this...

in the madness of their fucked up minds they will just feel guilty instead tho

>people steal a joke from a male
"Can you believe these people stealing jokes?"
>people steal a joke from a female
"Can you believe all these MEN stealing from WOMEN once again???"

I second this motion and amend it to include capital punishment.

>mfw a group of people are fighting with themselves and Sup Forums didn't even have to start it

only when you have mastered the memes will you find inner tranquility

fuck normal people, seriously

>accused of stealing the meme
>his post actually has the correct number of presidents

I just don't know anymore

Are they being serious with this

This is how they think. I cringe every time I hear these retards talk about how many likes their Facebook shit or w/e got. They're like children.

They craaaave social validation, it's why they spend 8 hours a day on Facebook

Fucking single parent households

Fixed it

>clever meme
no
>brilliant piece
no
>art
no

>people just sit down an make memes

>stringing a bunch of emojis together is now considered 'art'

Oops, I must have pressed the smoothie button while you were away.
Oh well, at least now no one can steal your meme.

Women and minorities have literally been stealing shit from white men and claiming it as theirs forever.

>White men build country from the ground up
>hurrrr why duh presidantz gots to be whit?

I hate these people. Also is it coincidence our worst president in history has been Black? I think not.

memes were a mistake

>pls dont steal my meme

The internet is kind of like the American government, where, instead of laws, we have memes.

All memes start as "bills", which are just posts on Sup Forums. They have to go through Sup Forums before they are reviewed by Reddit and Tumblr. While they are being reviewed, the press discusses the principle of these memes on publication sites like YouTube Comments and 9gag. Once the meme has been reviewed, if it is cleared, it will go to the memelord. If the memelord approves of it, it officially becomes a meme and spreads like cancer on Twitter and Facebook. If it get's vetoed by the memelord, then it reserves itself to Reddit, Tumblr, and Sup Forums until it is reviewed again.

TL:DR All internet memes must come from Sup Forums in order to be classified as a meme.

She literally took the pls don't steal pepe meme seriously. Lol

This pic has actual effort put into it. They looked up what each president looked like and drew a caricature. The emoji one probably took her 5 minutes, since she had to google how many presidents there had been first.

Memes are like American laws in that they start off shit and only get worse from then on

Someone did this joke better eight years ago. To say nothing of how inane 'stealing a meme' is.

So posting pictures on Twitter is now memes? I'll never understand normies

Bunch of emoji shit. Just make an emoji story abut Bill & Hill raping and killing enemies If possible.

Came in to say this, leaving satisfied.
The joke is as old as Obama's presidency.

>She's said it's not right that viral maymays don't give proper credit.

And that's exactly why normies will never be funny.

>Memeing for your own glory

Fucking pathetic.

Hillary isn't getting elected, so...