Doctor Who General /WHO/

The one episode thats not shit edition
Rendered Non Canon:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Dm3HHBj6gA
youtu.be/abM-AprrbXk
youtube.com/watch?v=dTIPTY3pbuU
digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a815917/doctor-who-christmas-special-new-pictures-the-return-of-doctor-mysterio/
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/805474904720232448
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

Not anymore

Three weeks until the series 10 trailer

Three weeks until a full special. Why do we obsess so much over previews and not the full thing?

Because it's a Christmas special

I don't watch Christmas specials

Because there's 99% it's gonna be shit this time. Last year I was pretty confident it wouldn't be and it wasn't, but I don't see anything good this year.

>"I certainly think the break has allowed the stories to ferment for a bit longer

>The show's writer Steven always does this wonderful thing of taking me through all the stories (at the starts of the season)

>Some of the stories disappear along the way, some of the monsters become different

>But this season is changing more drastically than it previously has done.
All the things I expect to be doing, I am doing. But there are even more things flying around"

People say that every year...and still watch, the thing is they'll get hyped for the previews, then the episodes air and they think they're shit anyway. They don't ease up on anything current until the season is over

BLACK IS THE COLOURRRRRR

What did the spoiler hound of gb say about the general plot for series 10 again can anyone past it here? something about Mondas and the 12th Doctor hiding 13 in the basement or some shite.

>But this season is changing more drastically than it previously has done.

RED FLAG
drastic changes aren't exactly a good thing. Refinements I can understand, grander rewrites are cause for concern

She has that kinda face you just want to slap your dick on.

>posting the non-canon image

Series 5 had big changes like that.

The only canon version is Orford.

What kind of changes? Are there any articles about it?

why is quill pregnant? and how did corakinus suddenly escape?

Who will play Adam Orford in the movie about Jenna's life?

She fucked that man last week with no protection and apparently his sperm shapeshifted into quill-compatible sperm

She had dimensional sex with her Twin Flame in a vision.

>how did corakinus suddenly escape?

Guiley-wuiley, I ain't gotta explain shit

That sounds retarded. So its probably true

So the angels are going to be the bad guys of series 10?

youtube.com/watch?v=3Dm3HHBj6gA

0:56

Her neck is twisted all the way round, look at the feet.

VNA LEVEL DARK

No more cute Sophie... :(

wew good catch
I could see her neck skin was twisted, it didn't register that it was twisted all the way around

used goods

we prefer the potential and the hype train because secretly we all know that the end result will always be shit. With a trailer we can make up all kinds of situations that would be cool for next series, and we don't have to face the facts yet.

That body swap scene was literally SJA-tier.

So the Angels are definitely coming back next year right? It's their tenth anniversary. Not seeing them in the finale but more at Christmas. The metaphor would be hilarious. Angels descend on Earth for Christmas.

maybe it's just that one angel? it might have gone rogue and it wants to be giant

MISSY AND WEEPING ANGELS

DO IT MOFFAT

DO IT NOW

I miss them.

youtu.be/abM-AprrbXk

River Song has been in 14 episodes which is more than Christopher Eccleston as he only was in 13. How does that make you feel?

Makes me feel like a packet of crisps desu

What if Moffat agrees to save Class at the unique condition River Song replaces Quill against the Weeping Angels? Would you still watch it?

Quill is class's best character, removing her would make the show useless

>tfw you realise Michael Jayston has played the Doctor in more episodes than Christopher Eccleston

>Michael Jayston will never return to the screen in a big season finale
>Valeyard-spin-off-audios never
why

>>Valeyard-spin-off-audios never
He Jests at Scars and Trial of the Valeyard?

post moar classic /who/

youtube.com/watch?v=dTIPTY3pbuU

Alex Kingston and Michael Jayston have probably been at Eccleston's kids' birthday parties more than Eccleston actually has.

>Please, Chris. Just show up to Albert's birthday for once. You don't even have to buy a gift. Just a hug and make him know you're his dad
>No, never bathe in the same river twice

Escape? I thought he died. Am I missing something.

"if this doesn't work, I'll kick it's head in" gets me every time

Now this is a story..

"Don't be sad that I stopped going to your birthday parties, be glad that I went to one in the first place."

Those are kinda rubbish though. So's the one where Pielord regenerates.

>ywn watch another new, comfy Gareth episode

why live, /who/, why live?

Just fucking kill yourself Gareth.

>Over a crisp-filled dinner, Moffat tried to persuade Chris to go to his son's birthday party, for old time's sake and all that. He was about two-thirds through before the actor told him to fuck off until they could find a better kid. Saddened, but determined, Moffat instead invited John Hurt to Albert Eccleston's birthday party
>"It's not the same, but I guess it'll do," Eccleston's ex-wife said

digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a815917/doctor-who-christmas-special-new-pictures-the-return-of-doctor-mysterio/

I wonder who could be behind this post?

What is /who/ watching?

>Kinda - 118

Gonna rewatch all of Capaldi soon, many of the episodes I haven't seen since they aired.

doctor who is about change idiot

>the end result will always be shit.

Was Fleming right?

Who?

I think I've rewatched every Capaldi episode save the series 9 opening and Before the Flood (I liked Under the Lake/Before the Flood, I just wasn't in the mood to watch part 2 at the time)

You should rewatch the opening.
TMA/TWF work way better when watched together as a movie than separate episodes.

I miss this.

We should all rewatch Capaldi Who together in a stream.

I can only take your word for it. People seem to have mixed feelings about it.
I'm just tired of all the stale one-liners and "Oh, the Master!" and "Clara my Clara" and oh my God it's Davros! It's just so bland. I was so disappointed. I got scared.
Series 9 ended well, in my opinion, though.
I thought you meant the era. Series 3 is one of my favorites, and Martha is one of my all-time favorite companions. Not a very flattering picture of her bum, there, though.
I'm so fucking down.

Calling it now
The Return of Doctor Myserio will be top comfy

I think it's gonna be comfy too.

The Golden Age
The Platinum Age
The Hiatus Age
The Comfy Age
The Glitter Age

>the stale one-liners
What do you mean?

Agreed though we should rewatch Capaldi Who together. Sounds comfy.

I love how Capaldi's Doctor has gone back to cobbling nonsense together out of random junk and calling it a "device"

>yfw this is just 12's attempt at a Christmas tree

Smith and Ten Ants did it too

Flemming.

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/805474904720232448

Tough but she's right. Literally CBBC-tier.

The Shadowkin are like monsters you would find in a intentionally campy DW story but except we're supposed to take them seriously on Class.

>CBBC-tier.
kill this stupid meme

Don't talk shit about CBBC.

Not only that but the body swap was literally retarded in a show supposed to be muh edgy.

I'm not talking shit about it, I'm just saying it's an idea you'd find in a CBBC show ie. not serious at all and funny. Class is supposed to be edgy and all that shit.

>Tone all over the place
>Ram's "acting"
>Quill's inconsistency
>Spastic pacing
>Governors stop the episode dead
>Charlie goes full "Mmm Whatcha saaay"
>April
>Just April in general
>Tanya
>Just Tanya in general
>This is all the Doctor's fault in the first place
>That ending

Class went from a malignant tumor to cancerous tumor in only one episode.
I'm running out of hope for Doctor Who, guys. Tell me someone has good news about anything.

Good news: this isn't Doctor Who and Patrick Ness isn't writing for the main show.

>Patrick Ness
>P Ness
>Peter Ness
>Peter Harness

THE TRUTH IS REVEALED

But Peter Harness is infinitely better at writing for television.

>Tell me someone has good news about anything.
Class is probably cancelled.

whatever happened to immigrant?

That's true. Fuck even Gatiss is better than this. You can clearly see Moffat didn't give a fuck and probably didn't look at the scripts after the first one.

I legitimately miss Immigrant. :(

I feel like Class was a BBC thing and they forced him to produce it.
I doubt he's watched a single episode or cares if it gets renewed or not.

What do you have against April? She was the one with any kind of character, even if this character is turning into a crazy turboslut.

Good news if you like Missy: Michelle Gomez starts filming tomorow.

>the writer of Survival is ACTUALLY coming back to write a Capaldi episode
Reminder that good things can happen

>the last Moffat series has the writer of the last episode of Classic Who

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

BASED MOFFAT
A
S
E
D

But it certainly isn't doing the main show any favors. If it bombed and was at least good, then it might not be as damaging. Instead, series 9 did shit in the ratings, ended on a wet fart, then we went right from that into a year break, ending in a crappy spin-off that even FEWER people watched. If the Christmas special is a new low AND we lose Capaldi, we're almost definitely heading into another cancellation.

She was totally useless. She suddenly becomes a "badass" for one episode, then goes back to being a background character, even though she was set up as the main character. And even in the middle of her actual important, world and universe saving duties, she starts off the last episode singing in a pub, not a care in the world. I was rooting for her to get shot by the end.

I hope this is true.

hopefully when moffat is gone they'll stop writing episodes that assume you've just marathoned the last 5 seasons in one sitting so you can remember one insignificant detail that you saw in one episode fucking years ago

Everyone was useless on Class. That's probably the biggest problem. It's filled with standard teen adventure archetypes but they are not given any kind of skill or talent to actually do their jobs.

See it that way: no one watched Class because no one knows it exists thus no one knows it's shit so it doesn't tarnish Doctor Who.

Oh and about Missy yes it's true.

When did Moffat do this?

This. When they showed the christmas special trailer on children in need they said "Doctor Who hasn't appeared on TV this year until now". No one even knows it exists.

if you're nice to the doctor, he'll grant you immortality!

he's been handing out immortality like fucking candy

this shit is lazy writing, and it cheapens the concept behind the entire show when some random bitch that's half the age of the literal universe is knocking about without any of the sadness or ennui that the series has fucking established goes hand in hand with endless life

and they all got their own time machines and reTARDIS' too! I guess the doctor isn't so unique anymore huh :^)