"Couple years later that shit'll be Illmatic"

"Couple years later that shit'll be Illmatic"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DKAb4YD0Euc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nope, still shit.

I mean compared to Revival anything would sound like Illmatic.

nd 8 years later I'm still at it
divorced remarried
a felon a father
a sleeping pill addict
and I feel like the incredible hulk
my back has been broke but I can still walk.

but yeah compared to fucking revival, Wayne's I am not a human being 2 is Illmatic. What a trash record.

Lol

what's with the amount of eminem threads?
is his fanbase really this militant or regular Sup Forumstants actually like him (very doubtful)?

If Em had of died of his OD is 07 he would have been regarded as Top 3 of all time(seriously) Even Encore would have just been blamed on the pills that eventually killed him, but no, he's still alive, he "lived long enough to become the villain" instead of dying as the hero, the "villain" in this case being a washed up old man with the worst beats and cringiest flow and bars you've heard in your lifetime

he just put out the worst record of the year, and people are looking back at even the shit that was critically panned with insurmountable levels of nostalgia now.

Well, time to rerate it!

>Evil Deeds
Dope beat, horrible repeating of words. The content is funny and flow is good, so let's say 3/5
>Never Enough
The only weak point is the content, but solid 4/5
>Yellow Brick Road
Overall damn good track but kinda not there. 4/5
>Like Toy Soldiers
Fuck the hook, fuck the content ... but it's alright to listen to still. 3/5
>Mosh
All over the place. Kinda simplistic so 3/5
>Puke
It's actually a good, catchy track but do we really need to hear him puke? 3/5
>My 1st Single
The flow is amazing, the content is fun but it hurts listening to. 3/5 at best.
>Rain Man
Slow start but gets pretty solid and amusing enough. Also accents probably started here. 3/5
>Big Weenie
One of his worst tracks but at least he's self aware about it. Let's be generous and say it was a fun 3/5 idea.
>Just Lose It
Probably his best pop song. Catchy as fuck and even the content is good. 4/5
>Ass Like That
More accents, more catchy beats but banal as fuck. 3/5
>Spend Some Time
Did I just listen to four millionaires bitching about fucking whores? Well, at least it sounds good. 3/5
>Mockingbird
The hook is trash and the instrumental a bit too meladramatic. Still, great track and the line about some guy stealing money for college still hits hard. 4/5
>Crazy In Love
Actually a great track sans the sample. 4/5
>One Shot 2 Shot
Fun track, always nice to listen to. 4/5
>Encore
Pretty good on every level. 4/5
>We As Americans
Em sounds half dead here but some nice punchlines ... 3/5
>I Love You More
It gets better over time ... close 4/5
>Ricky Ticky Toc
It's just cool. 4/5
>skits
Are pretty well done.

Nah, still absolutely mediocre.

How is this medicore when your average rating is is a 3.47/5 and no rating went below a 3

I think you're seriously undervaluing what a 4/5 is

>mediocre
>most songs 4/5

unfuck your rating system

3.47 is still 3 rounded up, which is mediocre. Not complete meh but not quite there to be good either. Sounds fitting, specially because I went with higher rating when it doubt and didn't want to go overly precise with decimals, that'd make some of the 4s into 3.7s or so.

You're seriously undervaluing mediocre too.

that you, scaruffi?

3.47 is basically a 7

And I didn't even include the skits which you described as "pretty well done", so it wouldn't be a 6 regardless.

>Not a single song below 3
What the fuck?

2 would be SKIP SKIP SKIP, maybe listen again to remind myself of how shitty it is. 1 is basically not worth rating.
As weak some of the tracks were, with the right mood they can all be enjoyable.

6.94 sounds about right actually. Maybe 6.99 if we include skits. It's very close but just not a "good" album.

7-8 seems like a pretty 'good' score to me.
6-5 would be meh/forgettable.
4-3 is overall weak
2 and below is god awful.

But that's just my scale I don't understand yours.

>4-3 is overall weak
>2 and below is god awful.
So far we're on the same page.

5 would be meh/forgettable for me, 6 alright and worth re-listening to from time to time, 7 good, 8v good, 9great, 10 basically perfect aka. impossible.

Idk to me a 6/10 indicates "good" but with reservations, the more it approaches 7 being "very good"

whatever works 4u

>10 basically perfect aka. impossible.
I don't know why people think this.

Wouldn't something perfect go beyond your preferences and be basically enjoyed by everyone who listens to few seconds of it? Or if we skip mass appeal, at least something, you could've listen to for one year on repeat without getting sick of it even a bit? Perfect is a big fucking word.

It’s stuff I enjoy a lot.
I listen to a lot of albums I enjoy and I don’t intentionally listen to stuff I wouldn’t. Hence the high high ratings.

>10 basically perfect aka. impossible.
i hate when people say shit like this. do you retards even enjoy music?

You can enjoy stuff and still be aware that it's flawed on some level, no matter how great. Maybe it's due being an artist, which makes me hypercritical to everything.

I remember listening to this when it came out. I was 11 and would listen to it with my sister and cousins and we felt so badass like we were breaking the rules. Needless to say it isn't great nor did it age very well, but it still has a special place in my heart. The Eminem Show as well.

They're holding back the Amazon reviews to sell more copies in the first few days before shit hits the fan 800 reviews on rym only 99 on Amazon JUST.

How many of these are butthurt Trumptards though? Obviously it's not a great album but the general consensus among actual music critics seems a lot more realistic.

have you listened to it? it's an abortion not even 1 good song I had eminem vinyls hanging on my wall so obviously wanted it to be good

>Castle and Framed aren't good songs
The fuck?

no they're not even worthy of a b sides album straight trash

You think theyre good? What the fuck ?

Encore is great. The only song I don't like is mosh, that shit just sounds trash to me.

this is why /5 rating systems dont work

youtube.com/watch?v=DKAb4YD0Euc

Bizarre still makes me laugh