So it's okay to like this album now?

So it's okay to like this album now?

It's always been great. Got some hard hitting grooves on it. Shit, I wish more of the indie Sup Forumscore shit we circlejerked had cool grooves like the ones on this album.

I love everything about this album except the lame vocals. I really wish Zach didn't sound like a teenaged bitch.

Bands that are now okay to like
>Linkin Park
>RATM
>Springsteen
Who else

And yet pic related only got a 7.1? I'm going to fucking kill every single writer of Pitchfork; it's like they just want to ostracize gods from the universe.

I'm not sure why Pitchfork would like this album, the only reason I can think of is the lefty lyrical content. It's super popular, well loved by bros and other obnoxious non-indie-friendly people, and led to the rise of nu-metal, which is basically the polar opposite of the aesthetic Pitchfork was seeking when it started out. And I thought they weren't so into guitar rawk these days. I guess the politics TRUMP all those particular details.

MCR apparently.

That shit sucks.

Oh yeah that's a big one, Sup Forums's become so shamelessly pleb lol

Should be lower. RHCP is straight garbage

red hot chili peppers are douche-core you dumbass

literally the sound of middle schoolers spraying on too much axe

I'm waiting for when it's okay to like Coheed and Cambria. The day they give them a good retrospective score, I'll be blasting my copy of Secrets of Silent Earth all down the boulevard with the bass up.

>im 14 and can't drive yet but boy when i can...

p4k recently gave GunsNRoses a 10

Tool pls

NON STOP GORILLA RADIO

The Battle of Los Angeles is a fucking classic and I've been saying that for years

RATM get too much shit for their cringey ideology

I'm 25 and I like Coheed and Cambria. Not even a little bit embarrassed.

Pitchfork has always liked Guns n roses

>nuh uh!!!

>implying RATM, the "all the songs sound the same" "fight the power and fuck the government" band is better than the same people who made masterpieces such as By The Way, One Hot Minute and Californication

And if you say all their songs touch upon California, sex and drugs, you're an idiot who has only listened to their singles.

>implying either one of us were advocating for RATM

nice hot new meme picture newfriend

Paramore

>radical leftism
>cringy

maga amirite

Okay, fine. But why isn't RHCP getting the critical acclaim they deserve? They were a huge influence in the course of Alternative Rock.

because they're douchecore that is the literal personification of dumbass 14 year olds wearing too much axe and popping their collar

One of the great "fusion" ideas of the 1980s was the idea of integrating the brutal rhythmic and vocal styles of funk and rap music with the brutal guitar-driven style of heavy-metal. The pioneering albums by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Red Hot Chili Peppers (1984) and Freaky Styley (1985), basically discovered what George Clinton and Jello Biafra had in common. The punkish impetus of these albums was due in large part to the mesmerizing style of former Fear bassist Michael "Flea" Balzary, but also to their (sub)cultural background: the decadent, histrionic and irreverent Hollywood scene. The excessive heavy-metal overtones of The Uplift Mofo Party Plan (1987) missed the point, and, when John Frusciante replaced guitarist Hillel Slovak who had died of an overdose, the band adopted a mainstream sound. Mother's Milk (1989) and Blood Sugar Sex Magik (1991) left the rage and the sarcasm behind, yet another sign that the whole Los Angeles scene was going through a painful rehabilitation program.

Why does p4k overrate everything?

>springsteen
it was always okay to like springsteen wtf

newfag

don't hold yer breath m8-e

One Hot Minute is terrible though. Any album without Frusciante is straight up dogshit. He's the only one in the band with talent.

SOAD

say what you will about hair metal shit but they are the fucking masters of the form and deserve recognition

no pitchfork has been a joke for the past 5 or so years

>"metal"

Coheed doesn't hold nostalgic value like MCR and others have.

I only like Killing In The Name, and even that's overplayed to the point of monotony.

Glad to see Pitchfork has finally taken the nu metal/rap-rock pill

>"muh true methul"

Objectively false. Ignoring Flea's bass playing skills is straight up retarded

They literally just reviewed it today, I don't know why you're mentioning what Pitchfork liked in the past. You and I both know it's a different publication now, even if it was always motivated by being trendy. They didn't even consider it worth reviewing before.

Maybe because it was released in 1992?

So what? They didn't review Renegades, or RatM's 20th anniversary reissue.

*they didn't review any of their subsequent albums

um, NO.

this was crap when it came out, still crap 25 years later. BONUS! i got to hear this bullshit one full year before the rest of you glommed onto it because some dipshit moved to my hometown from LA who was pals with that squawky singer.

tripe then, tripe now

t. low test nu male

Pitchfork is fucking liberal, rage against the machine is borderline revolutionary communism. Belive it or not it's not acceptable to be communist in today's world that's why every communist movment/org is castrates by the liberal idpol, liberals are used by the government to derail everything with a bit of revolutionary potential. Great leaders like stalin and mao used to purge and kill them.

Evil Empire>

I'm stabbin' any bloggin' faggot hipster with a Pitchfork

YOU JUST GOT
KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT

SHUT UP WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU

>Flea, in all seriousness, really isn't that good
Are you calling the genius behind Retrovertigo straight up retarded?

RATM is dad rock now...

*wigger dad rock

> Not liking the river to begin with

Yes

*cough cough*

>someone on this planet exists who unironically listen to RHCP

holy shit

>sold 80 million copies worldwide
>80 million people just ironically listen to RHCP
holy shit ur retarded

WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE.
They already recently reviewed this when it came out for it’s anniversary release a year or two ago. And I definitely remember it getting a lower fucking score then.

Not that it matters, RATM are shite but this is just another example of p4k revisionist history.

>many people like it
>thefore its okay to listen to it
its just shit. stop giving irrelevant arguments. the music is not good
>inb4 b-but music taste is subjective!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA