Is this the best horror/thriller of the last 10 years?

Is this the best horror/thriller of the last 10 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1124394/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no but i can't think of any better example right now

it's pretty good though

It's shit

No, The Borderlands is.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hunchback

Yes. But i liked the vvitch more. It follows was also quite enjoyable

Yes. Pretty much my favorite of all time.

Have you seen Sauna OP? You'll like it.
imdb.com/title/tt1124394/

Borderlands was great. I liked how the characters felt like normal people instead of obnoxious idiots.

all of these are excellent. well done user

a disjointed mess that completely lacked humanity or atmosphere.

>lacked atmosphere

are you sure you watched this film?

I found the ending a bit cheesy and unnecessary, reminded me of that atrocious Serbian Film.

Great movie nonetheless.

>lacked atmosphere

Dude, that movie was tense from beginning to end. The ambient soundtrack was on point and every scene just gave you the feeling that something horrible was in the making.

You are so wrong.

Nice meme post

The ending was really easy to see coming but I liked the movie a lot, it seems like a very good update to British horror in the style of the wicker man. I like that you can see the events of the film as either really happening or not too.

Ben Wheatley is a total hack, but it's going to take a few more years for most people to realize.

yes. it lacked subtlety, build up or pacing. The design of scenes was bland and uninspiring.

>Dude, that movie was tense from beginning to end. The ambient soundtrack was on point and every scene just gave you the feeling that something horrible was in the making.
No
for tension to arise, interest must be created, which this movie definitely did not, as it failed to convey any sense of gravitas at any point. I just did not give a fuck what happened, from start to end.
Soundtrack was servicable, but not memorable, 6/10 on a non-meme scale and together with the basic premise one of the two decent elements of the movie.

Nice meme-movie, faggot.

Yup.

The symbolism was too on the nose in certain early scenes but still /edgeofyourseat/ kino

i felt like the borderlands didn't really pick up until the final act. too much of it was quite dull paranormal activity stuff. but that final act though, holy shit

kill list on the other hand had me shitting my pants all the way through.

That Swedish qt though

No, probably one of these, but it was good and my favorite Wheatley film.

Holy fucking shit, people must hate being around you. Do you stink? I bet you stink. God almighty, you must smell BAD.

Is A Field in England worth watching?

What are the Ben Wheatley essentials?

>>>/reddit/

>Is A Field in England worth watching?
No

>What are the Ben Wheatley essentials?
None

watch something good isntead.

I disagree. I think it didn't lack subtelty, build up or pacing and the design of scenes wasn't bland or unispiring at all.

Like?

*prepares laughing pictures*

No, and I say this as somebody who likes slow, abstract and surreal movies.
It's just needlessly obtuse. It's not just "difficult to understand", it's utterly nonsensical after a point. There's no conclusion to be reached because you're intentionally not given enough to reach one.

The first three quarters of the movie were enjoyable though, then it goes full retard and nobody can genuinely feel satisfied with the conclusion it reaches.

I just hated the ambiguous ending of Kill List. The whole film was great, but the obtuse ending was trying so desperately hard to be Wicker Man mk.2

I know some faggots have a hard-on for that shit because it lets them massage their own ego with their own theories for an ending, but it annoys the piss out of me because that was the point the film started to get interesting. Get the feeling the filmmaker was either too keen to be cult, or just too weak at writing huge crescendo endings.

haha hey, friend! How did you know I was from there? You must be physchic or something haha LOL! Anyway if you want to skype my handle is VisibleBronies, I get the feeling we're going to be the best of pals!

this is me just so you know who you're talking to, can you handle my sexiness? lol JKS ;)

I enjoyed Kill List with all of it's flaws so I don't need your autistic hate towards Wheatley.

I just want to know are the rest of his movie on par with it.

I can't believe this guy is making a Wages of Fear movie. You have to be am egotistical asshole to even TRY to follow up The Wages of Fear and Sorcerer.

AFIE is borderline experimental bullshit. It's acid-inspired nonsense in period clothing. Watch it if you want to name-drop cool, hip film titles at a dinner party, but if you want a film with anything resembling a narrative or conclusion then don't bother.

lol, what a fucking horrible list

besides Rec 2 and Bone Tomahwak, all of the moves are trash.
Kys yourself

Maniac was way better than Bone Tomahawk though.

>>>/numale/

Post some well designed scenes then and tell me where the plot actually featured meaningful build up that went beyond "cryptic paranormal bullshit" and actually served as a foundation for the rest of the movie, instead of just being a backwards-reference that provides no context on the first watching.

>autistic hate
You're the one who is crying because someone online pick apart a movie. I'd say the only autist here is you. Ben Wheatly is a hack, if you enjoy the movies go watch them, I don't give a fuck.

Honestly, pretty much anything.

What an atrocious poster lmao.

Looks like a cheesy B movie from the 90s.

>what a fucking horrible list
Which films lead you to say that, and what criticisms do you have of them? Glad to hear of another Bone Tomahawk fan though. Possibly my favorite horror script of recent years. Richard Jenkins should have won an Oscar for that role.

It's great to have atleast one spastic user in a thread like this so his rage keeps the thread alive and going.

You go user.

>
>Post some well designed scenes then and tell me where the plot actually featured meaningful build up that went beyond "cryptic paranormal bullshit" and actually served as a foundation for the rest of the movie, instead of just being a backwards-reference that provides no context on the first watching.

>
>>autistic hate
>You're the one who is crying because someone online pick apart a movie. I'd say the only autist here is you. Ben Wheatly is a hack, if you enjoy the movies go watch them, I don't give a fuck.

>
>Honestly, pretty much anything.

Those final 20 minutes certainly were, holy fuck. It's not like there has been many good horror films in the last 15-20 years though

Holy shit, I have seen Bone Tomahawk at least 3 times and didn't even recognise that was Richard Jenkins!

Fuck man, the dude can act.

Yes, Bone Tomahawk was great

but back to the list
I literally think every movie on that list was shit, except the two i mentioned before and Cabin in the Woods .. The Crazies was also pretty decent.

It Follows and Don't Breathe really stand out though, because they are both complete garbage that everyone hypes up.

Any other good films with this sort of satanic ritualistic stuff going on from hte last 10 years? Seen everything before then. The only other one that I can think of right now is The Conspiracy

House of the Devil. Gives off a similar gritty vibe too

>didn't even recognise that was Richard Jenkins
I knew Sean Young was in the movie before I saw it and when I finished my first watch I realized I didn't even notice her in the film. Found her on second watch, though,

Matthew Fox was amazing too. Actually shed a tear at his "thank you for your service" speech. Can probably count on one hand the horror films I've cried at.

mandatory Sup Forums satanic kino

DAYUMN

>It Follows
Knew it.