TOP 100 of 2017?

Does anyone else have a top 100 list? Here's mine, in order

inb4 rap sucks

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/user/androol_/playlist/1mK8X66IVeEiefi34q7xFd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rap sucks

Did you listen to 100 albums from 2017?!!!

Happy to see Culture there. I liked it soo much.

I listened to a lot of music this year, a lot more than what's here. To be fair, some of the albums on here I've only heard a few times, but enough to know that they were some of the best of the year. And yeah I originally thought about putting Culture lower, because obviously there's not a whole lot of depth to it, but goddamn every song on that thing is a complete hit. Having all of my years favourite party songs on one album means top 10 for me

I think these are all pretty cool

nice to see Peasant high up, it didn't click with me but it seems like a special one, glad to see it's finding an audience

hey, we both liked the Ariel Pink and the Guerilla Toss album! ... and I've heard of only one other album on your chart. Could be some new listening though, what kinda genres are on here?

nice to see methyl ethel get some love

missing arca, everything everything, four tet and iglooghost

Yeah but it's really old. RIP Topsters. I think my last update was about August 15. It's a roll chart though. Dale = 01

Which I might as well roll for right now.

arca and everything everything weren't really my style, but i could appreciate that arca's album was pretty impressive for its intended audience. didn't hear the four tet and iglooghost albums but ill check them out

This alternate track order might do the trick for you.

Forgot link

open.spotify.com/user/androol_/playlist/1mK8X66IVeEiefi34q7xFd

sweet, thanks, ill give it another try. listening now its a little more exciting than i remembered

a lot of annoying weird electroacoustic and improvised stuff but I would strongly recommend you check out taiwan housing project and usa/mexico if you're ok with things getting kind of noisy (especially in the case of the usa/mexico album). the bulbs one is kind of weird but I'd throw that one out as one to check out, it's like warped electronics but it's still a band playing instruments so it stays grounded.

My pleasure. Someone here made it and I think its very fucking awesome.

oh I should note I meant if you're ok with rock music getting noisy for those recommendations, there's guitars and drums and vocals, it's not all crazy abstract

Haven't listened to 100 albums worth ranking, here's my favourite 5x5 though in no particular order

wait a second that's 5x6 fugg

mine

fucking plebs
patrician

I took acid to Planetarium on vacation this year... would do it again.

Lingua Ignota made a two albums this year?

nice
taiwan housing project is great

>Murder of the Universe instead of Microtonal Banana
How does that work?

how do you have the time to form complete opinions about hundreds of brand new records every year? is it literally all you do? i've been stepping up my dedication to checking out more music in the past year or so and even then i could barely cobble together a top 8 for releases from this year alone. (and even then half of those are from artists i've listened to for years because it's not like i'm arbitrarily limiting myself to music released this year when checking out stuff i haven't heard)

I understand Murder of the Universe doesn't slide with a lot of people for its repetitiveness and spoken word, but I really dig that

Microtonal Banana is for plebs who haven't heard any other form of microtonal music, it's not well utilized and is only praised for its gimmick

Did this year even happen?

If the average album is about 50 minutes in length, and say, you need to listen to an album 3 times to get a decent opinion about it - that's 150 minutes per album. At least 100 albums would be 250 hours, which is extremely reasonable given the span of a year, resulting in under an hour of new music a day.

Some people (cough NEETS) have a lot more time to listen to albums; I usually get through between 1-4 hours of attentive listening a day because of comuting to work and general downtime. I also don't go out much so there's that.

>Microtonal Banana is for plebs who haven't heard any other form of microtonal music, it's not well utilized and is only praised for its gimmick
suspicious

>is it literally all you do?
It literally can be except for sleep.

s-suspicious?

It really tingles my lizard brain.

really jizzards my blizzard

This is true if your yardstick is Charles Ives tier stuff or something. Taking that expectation away, it's an enjoyable punky psych rock record that ends up sounding a little less derivative than some other albums in the field by introducing microtonal tunings. It's definitely not a masterpiece delineates a clear and meaningful way forward for rock music to start using alternative tunings, but it was pretty entertaining for a few listens.

I realized around the 50ish album mark, records start just being good, but not something I'll be coming back to years later. Not much of a point of ranking merely decent music.. Really glad to see Peasant towards the top of your's too

Drunk