Jane Doe vs Calculating Infinity

Since people like to compare those two, lets hear some opinions.

Overall I enjoy Dillinger's music more but I'd rank those two albums very, very close. I think it depends on my mood but I'm happier these days and find myself coming back to CI more.
CI wins in terms of innovation but JD's production is great, the remaster as well.

The brutal duo right there. These albums were incredibly hard to initially digest but they re-trained the way my ears and brain work to enjoy music.

I'm more familiar with Jane Doe, because I am a huge Converge fan and am just getting into Dillinger.

But Jane Doe has to be one of my favourite albums ever. I have listened probably close to a hundred times and every single time it's still so visceral, so punchy, with the perfect amount of variety and it all just works.

I'm more of a folky singer-songwriter kinda guy, nyt CI is one of my favourite records, because the batshit insanity is fucking perfect. Never heard anything that compares to it, so I gotta check out this one

Thanks for the suggestion

Calculating infinity opened my eyes back then. Before that i was listening to music (classic rock and blues) like most people, turn something on and see if I happen to like it, Calculating infinity showed me what it means to take conscious effort listening to music. Needlessly to say nothing was the same since then when it comes to music.

I love both, but JD tips it for me. It's incredibly consistent, and the title track is one of the best album closers I've ever heard

Calculating Infinity is a true pleb filter album.

I never knew these 2 were compared, but I love them both. Jane Doe

Both brilliant, but Calculating Infinity is just the perfect math metal album to me. It's so fucking raw and gritty, yet so fucking calculated and technical. Incredible.

I can't see why are you comparing this 2 albums in particular.
It's like comparing a strawberry and a lichee for it's sweet inside and outside protection.

both albums are absolutely great! C.I. is amazing at it's prime, but J.D. is the confirmation of all the expectations of the great band Converge is.

I never ever understood the mass appeal of Converge, while CI was a favorite when I was 17-18. It's still fun to throw on

>It's like comparing a strawberry and a lichee for it's sweet inside and outside protection.

nice.

>I can't see why are you comparing this 2 albums in particular.

I bet you can, you just don't find it a valuable comparison.

I agree, I personally wouldnt compare them either. Thats why I said "since people like to compare..".

Because I see alot of people that compare those two records, they got released around the same time and "seem" the same.

JD is a 9/10
CI is 8/10

simple
converge is good
dillinger is bad

are you scientist or something?

mathamatist

not trying to be a meanie but why does people like converge? sounds so stale and dull to me

Jane Doe definitely

I LOVE their original/older drummer. He was clearly trained as a jazz drummer and I have a thing for quick, snappy snare fills. He pretty much made the band for me. I like their production quality of the newer stuff but the band's become less interesting.

metalcore lol

I'm talking about DEP