Is this guy the most terrible 'villain' ever? He did nothing throughout the whole movie...

Is this guy the most terrible 'villain' ever? He did nothing throughout the whole movie, and then we are expected to see him as an intimidating bad guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6V42FVqsaI4
youtube.com/watch?v=hz8X2A7wHyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tracks the princess and the jedi
>relays intelligence to Sidious
>attempts to kill Qui Gon
>eventually kills Qui Gon
>has bad ass fighting scenes

He wasnt suppose to have alot of screen time. He's a villian that watches and strikes from the shadows type trope. And that was perfectly fine. He had enough of an impact on the story.

That an odd way of saying the best villain ever.

Why are prequel fags so deluded, your trilogy is shit
>inb4 Disney shill
They suck too

>darth maul is cool
>HAHA WOW U LOVE THE PREQUELS DUDE R U RETARDED LOL

he was pretty cool in the comics, mediocre in the movie and just straight up shit in the clone wars series

you can hate the prequels, that's a legitimate view
but if you like star wars, then you can't hate them, they're of a similar quality, only a delusional 'muh childhood' gen x'er would hate one but like the other.

Does anyone find the first appearance of Darth Maul boring and unimaginitive?

I mean the Sith are believed to be extinct for a thousand fucking years (Sheev says generations but that's just George fucking it up) and George decides that the first appearance of a Sith is on some buttfuck desert on a speeder jumping around.
I think the majority of the audience doesn't even think that was a big deal because it wasn't presented that way, it was like Qui Gon encounters a red devil with a red lightsaber every other week.

Imagine having a clean script with a world with countless possibilities. Would you introduce Maul the same way?

>has two lines in the movie
>he never does anything his boss didn't tell him to do
>dies doing it after zero success

A "villain" could have worked with so little set-up had it been someone you'd encountered as a "good guy" in the background. Like this guy.

Le spooky devil man could have played the roles that Dooku played in 2 and the role that le coughing robot lizard could have in 3, and been more effective at it.

Dooku wasn't intimidating enough and Grievous was too comical and gregarious.
And by being two different characters they were both less effective as convincing threats.

i don't believe you

I hope you're not implying that's not cool as fuck

Was Darth Maul in TCW a sociopath, psychopth, tragic antagonist, traumatic being or both?

The only pro argument is "he looked cool" that's it.
Just enough for all the (man)children.

he was a weak piece of trash in the series, he BEGGED sidious for mercy

But that wasn't the first time he showed up. It was during the hologram with the trade federation guys

>le

that's star wars entire demographic tho

He's better than Diamonback from Cuck Cage

No shit. Sidious was his master who raised him from an infant and was as powerful as Yoda. How the fuck could Maul beat that?

Serious question:

out of all the scifi franchises to come before and after it, why was Star Wars the one that became THE pop culture icon of science fiction? what made it so special in the eyes of the normies?

>tracks the princess and the jedi, relays intelligence to Sidious, attempts to kill Qui Gon

All in one and a half shitty scenes with two lines of dialogue

>eventually kills Qui Gon in a bad ass fighting scene

That's all he has going for him

Well for one thing, it's Fantasy, not Science Fiction. Accordingly it has a simple good-vs-evil dynamic, magic, wizards, princesses, easy stuff to follow

How old are you? Diamondback is much better than your character from a movie for children.

>Imagine having a clean script with a world with countless possibilities. Would you introduce Maul the same way?
I'd have a scene where Sidious is talking to other folks and then he says "This is my new apprentice, Darth maul" and then Darth Maul walks in, arms crossed, looking menacing.

why is it that everyone still calls the Millenium Falcon a piece of trash, even in TFA? shouldn't it have a reputation by now?

youtube.com/watch?v=6V42FVqsaI4

A perfect blend of a lot of things people love.

He was supposed to be played by Del Toro but eventually they cut out so many of his lines they just hired a cheap unknown ballet dancer instead

Would have been better if they gave him at least a few more lines, or any motivation at all.

Less Jar Jar, more Maul

Reputation or not, it's an old ship that has so many things wrong with it, it could fall apart at any moment. It's the poster ship for trash.

it's still got some of the most extensive aftermarket modifications you'll see anywhere and can out-perform half of the ships of any current fleet

I thought he was dark vader when I saw the publicity images

I thought that Sup Forums hated this guy

why does no-one in this setting use missiles in ship-to-ship combat?

missiles > bullets

I you think the prequels are terrible does that mean you think all elements of the prequels are also terrible? Can you separate themes, scenes, particular preformances, or characters out of the whole and discuss them on their own? If the Darth Maul characters were in a better Star Wars movie would it work? Would be add to a hypothetically superior Star Wars movie?

Most people don't see those parts in action. They only see the shitty looking hull instead.

Most of them don't even use bullets. It's literally just energy shot out in a small form at the enemy. The only thing that is confirmed to use bullets in Star Wars is Chewie's bowcaster.

jewish propaganda

well, not slugthrower bullets, but guided munitions beat out unguided munitions

HE WASNT A VILLAIN, HE WAS A WEAPON
Did you even watch the movie?

So explain something to me:

Palpatine deliberately designed Vader's suit to be a clunky piece of garbage, and Vader KNEW how bad his own suit was. So throughout his ~20 years of wearing the damn thing, how come he never chose to upgrade it and get a better suit?

>>eventually kills Qui Gon.

But that guy was a sack of shit.
Just useless

rule of cool

>So explain something to me:
>Palpatine deliberately designed Vader's suit to be a clunky piece of garbage, and Vader KNEW how bad his own suit was.

this is bullshit from the extended universe

it makes no sense

Dark Mall is the best thing the prequels gave us.

He has been confirmed as /ourguy/ when the whole Ghostbusters remake fiasco happened. He passively annihilated fistful of salty Ghostblunder enablers, and he brushed it aside like it was nothing. James is a fucking badass.

Palpatine wanted Vader to be too crippled to try overthrowing him, so he gave him a terrible robot body

>We will never get a big screen live action maul conquering mandalore
>wont get to see him kill obi wans babe
>will never see sidious btfoing maul and his bro with ease.

Palpatine wanted Vader to suffer and only rise up to apprentice level so he gave him a terrible suit because he thought he's not the chosen one anymore. Palpatine also seeked a new apprentice since Vader was weak and wanted to replace. Against all odds Vader managed to adapt to the suit.

Palpatine actually considered giving him an upgrade by the time of ANH because Vader was so effective still. Vader would never agree to a suit change however because it's a vulnerable moment for Palpatine to kill and replace him.

why what did he do during the Ghostbusters happenings? I never followed the drama surrounding that trainwreck

He declined to review it, with pretty good reason.
youtube.com/watch?v=hz8X2A7wHyQ

>dies like an absolute bitch
Agreed, he was shit

He's not dead though

he existed only as someone to introduce the saberstaff.

and honestly this is fine. some things really are that cool.