Will the Lord of the Rings films finally have a challenger?

Will the Lord of the Rings films finally have a challenger?

This looks pretty mega, one of the best trailers I've seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=IoqiDOivUCo

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/bortich/
youtube.com/watch?v=dWT9bxIOnXw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Will the Lord of the Rings films finally have a challenger?
nope

>slavs making a movie about the peoples who cucked their nation

Interessant

Edgy child

Wtf those are not vikings
Where are the horns on the helmets?

here's your (((((((((((((you)))))))))))))

sold.
link when?

good thread

Here you go
instagram.com/bortich/

meant the movie, but that will do just fine. cheers user

>using period-accurate chi-rho instead of a cross
Sold

Yeah, looks like they reached UK level of cuckoldry.

>it's another colourless, grimderp historical drama

>russian
retard

i dont speak skyrim

Fucking this. I remember when slavs used to get mad as fuck when you told them they are descended from swedish vikings. Now they even make movies about them. Fucking hilarious.

>sugoi monogatari oniichan
What did he mean by this?

You know, looking at old middle ages clothing really makes me sad that I live in a country where literally half of everyone wears all black during winter.

>no GRRL POWER vikings
wow in 2016? Why no strong female leads for the girlies?

this and Vikings does it aswell. It is well known that vikings wore very colourful uniforms.

or black vikings, wtf???? do these idiots not know who moors were????

That doesn't make any sense. Do you think UK was fully taken by Vikings or something?

Looks pretty good. Realistic aswell, so extra points for that, Slavs.

>viking movie
>posts West-Europeans
kek

Cool

Vikingkino

You do realise the Normans were Viking descendants, right? They weren't French. Probably Amerishartian.

>the peoples who cucked their nation
They formed their nation you hopeless retard. Russia's only ever had two royal families and one of them is directly descended from the Vikings. They're still an influential family today in Russian politics.

Well yeah. They were conquered by William the Conqueror and is normans, they were descended from vikings.

Why do russians get so upset about this? It was swedish vikings that formed their nations and this was extremely taboo there for a long time.

What else Russian /kino/ is there?

>trailer is 5 minutes

Fucking hell, when will we go back to 1 minute trailers who don't spoil the whole movie?

just get comfy and marathon it

>Why do russians get upset about this?
Do they? There are still Ruriks today and they own a fair bit of land in Russia.

>It was swedish vikings that formed their nations
Probably because statements like this credit the formation of Russia to the Swedes, instead of Norsemen who migrated to the east and inter mingled with the local populace.

Yeah but it's the truth. Norweigan and Danish vikings went west while the Swedes went east through the rivers in eastern europe. They formed the kingdoms there and some even went even further along the rivers and came upon Byzantium(I think most people here know about the varangian guard). Then again, there was no Sweden, Norway and Denmark back then, we were all just norsemen.

Looks surprisingly good.

Although I wish they would make a Viking movie not focused on raiding and pillaging and make something either based on Harald Hardrada and the events leading up to the invasion of England.

Considering how much popularity Game of Thrones has and it's plot largely focused on the War of Five Kings has, you would think someone would see the potential in making a movie on the war it was actually based on.

In Soviet times. Besides there are other theories, no one is really upset about it.

I thought the Norman conquest was common knowledge in the UK. Sure, the normans weren't technically vikings in the full sense of the word but they were the direct ancestors of vikiungs that settled in what became known as Normandy.

But that's really just cherry on the rape cake that was the viking age for the UK. Hundreds of churches were looted, thousands of women were kidnapped and brought back to Scandivania or just raped on the spot. There were also substantial viking settlements in the UK whose populations were evenntually fullly integrated with the rest of the island's populace.

And don't get me fucking started on their cuckold fantasies regarding the fucking Romans. Even after almost two thousands years of relevant Roman absence, people people sitll cling to ideas that British culture is somehow defined by a direct Roman heritage.

Only Norman nobility was of viking descent. The rest were French commoners

England was, yeah

Why are we being denied russian kino?

>slavs
>nation

It's a linguistic group, you retardo. It's like saying the Romance speakers are a nation.

>dirty ass fucking slavs acting as nordic vikings

this is some hardcore cultural abrobatu or whatever.
i am so offended right now.

>mfw I'm Finnish so maybe there's a chance we get it as well

Indeed that is the case user. However I don't see how that really robs the vikings and their ancestors of any kind of achievement or lesses the cuckoldry levels of the UK.

Even if you're entirely willing to just call the Normans "French" rather than "Vikings" the UK is massively obsessed with the Norman nobility and their rule on top of the the actual Vikings and Romans.

It's not about Nordic vikings though

>Kievan Rus, late 10th century. After the death of his father, the young Viking prince Vladimir of Novgorod is forced into exile across the frozen sea.

i dont understand why you compare this with LOTR, looks cool tho

>tfw when your dad will never be on a coin in a badass pose.

>Russian

yeah it's gonna be shit

Because that's the golden standard of medieval/fantasy based films

Americans think LOTR is a historical documentary

It's a pretty shit gold standards for medieval period film. I'd imagine something like Prince of Thieves or Braveheart to be more suiting standards. Of course, both of those are pretty flawed films.

Keep in mind that "viking" is a verb that means "to raid".
Anyone raiding from a boat is viking.

by that definition marines and seals are technically vikings.

I can live with that.

directors cut of kingdom of heaven is should be the period piece standard.

>not tolken minorities or feminism

Have we reached an age of Ruskino?

yes. Meanwhile, Hollywood and British films are nothing more than left wing propaganda of forced diversity and neo-feminism

If this same movie was made by either, it would have a bunch of random black, asian, and arab men as vikings

I stopped after one minute because it looks great and don't want to spoil it for me... Fucking disney BTFO

yeah I watched stargate too

It's 2 trailers edited into 1 video for some reason.

I don't see what this has to do with LotR, but I'm pretty hyped. First trailer is especially good.

The Saxon Stories, fuck completely-ruined-good-premise Stargate

Old trailers walk you through the entire fucking movie
youtube.com/watch?v=dWT9bxIOnXw

The Russians need to make more films like this. Makes you realise how shit Hollywood has become thanks to liberals

Those Byzantine armours look really bad, cheap plastic late principate armour imitation levels of bad.

Nu-huh, they look fine.

>stars our boi danila
instant kino

>

>They formed their nation
Nation =/= state.
>It's like saying the Romance speakers are a nation.
Then he'd be correct. The Romans lumped all language speakers into nations. Gauls = Celtic speakers, Germania = Germanic speakers. If Slavs were actually relevant at the time instead of terra incognita stick-hut dwellers they would have given them a named nation too.

It sure as fuck does not you complete retard. Stop lying on the fucking internet. You arent even scandinavian.

Weren't dyes and shit super expensive back then? Doesn't seem like every common soldier would be that colorful.

>It sure as fuck does not
You shut up, he was correct.

>we