Movies to watch while tripping

Hey! I'm a newfriend who has come from Sup Forums to seek the wisdom of Sup Forums.

Last time I tripped, I watched a few movies and I was surprised by how fun of an experience it was. Namely, I watched Clerks, Dazed and Confused, and John Water's Hairspray. I'm tripping again during my semester break and was wondering what movies y'all think would be good to watch during.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S1J6TFHCevg
youtube.com/watch?v=XEb1iZ2JYHI
youtube.com/watch?v=tSLlN4j2QOo
youtube.com/watch?v=EsUsURAj0y0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've seen Stalker and Appcalypse now while coming down and both were amplified in awesomeness

DUDE IM LIKE SO HIGH RIGHT NOW LMAO XD

DUDE

Enter the void. In a darkened room. It will bring you to tears

WEEED

Fuck off you degenerate. I hope you OD and tear your face off.

DUDE

My friend and I watched the back half of 2001 about 4 hours into an acid trip, and kicked a bowl right as we started, and it was fucking amazing. I love smoking a bowl on the back half of an acid trip, chocolate and peanut butter.

I think Doctor Strange would be good on a trip but I haven't tried it.

LMAO

>OD on hallucinogens

this fucking guy

I have to second this, but also 2001 is ideal, although it will probs disturb you for life if its good acid, but hey, thats part of the fun.

>didn't read the rest of the post
>can't comprehend that OD'ing doesn't exclusively involve taking too much drugs and your body involuntarily shutting down
Typical degenerate druggy.

Misery.

DUUUUUUUUUDEEEEEE

Alice in wonderland is p. good

I fucking love weed

What's it like having no friends? Must be lonely. I'm glad you could come and spend some time with us at least, even if you hate us all. Nice to have you.

enter the void is the movie that everyone who hasnt tripped thinks it's the best movie to watch while tripping

The true answer is Speed Racer.

>get called out for being retarded
>"lol at least I have friends!"
Go watch your movie and take your degenerate drugs, fag. Make sure not to tear your own face off though. Well since you have friends and are watching this movie with a bunch of people, make sure not to stab someone else 100 times because you lost your shit and thought he was your abusive father that left when you were 8.

Time Bandits is also pretty great.

fucking rekt lmao

I don't really see the appeal in watching films on LSD, especially those you've already seen.

Archangel (1991)
Fantasia (1941)
Literally any avant garde film

I've taken more hallucinogens in the past than most people will their entire life. Speed Racer is a decent choice

>tfw ywn know the blade

>I've taken more hallucinogens in the past than most people will their entire life
That doesn't take a lot to do.

Shit I probably have too.

Fern Gully
Labyrinth
The Never Ending Story
The Dark Crystal

I watched the first Harry Potter on 600mg DXM and everything seemed fake as fuck.
Watched the first 10 minutes of Pan's Labyrinth on 300ug of 52-ALD two weeks ago and same effect.

I don't think watching movies while tripping is for me. Everything seems like some home made soap opera tbqh.

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, you need to do it at least once on acid.

I get the same effect when watching game shows after smoking weed. Every tiny hint that informs you of the unreality of what I'm seeing, from the host-guest banter to the mark editing.

I watched "Swiss Army Man" on mushrooms not too long ago, and it was honestly a pretty wonderful experience.

>ctrl+f "holy mountain"
>0 results

What the fuck Sup Forums?

>make sure not to tear your own face off

Well that's nice of you, I'll be careful. Thanks buddy!

Wouldn't that be more in the category of just seeing if you could handle it? I mean even the trailer freaks me out when I'm sober.

I haven't seen Swiss army man but it seems like the type of movie I'd enjoy on fungus. If I'm doing a lysergamide and media, I always choose multiplayer vidya. Can't help myself

should've watched something like akira or baraka.

Baraka is amazing to watch on hallucinogens

youtube.com/watch?v=S1J6TFHCevg

youtube.com/watch?v=XEb1iZ2JYHI

youtube.com/watch?v=tSLlN4j2QOo

True words amigo

>I have no Idea what drugs are and what lead people to use them

a scanner darkly
being john malkovich
eternal sunshine spotless mind
where the wild things are

That's unfortunate. Please educate yourself before you decide to take them.

Maybe you should educate yourself because LSD doesn't cause you to rip your skin or face off that would be bath salts or pcp

>things don't cause me to do stuff so it doesn't cause anyone to do stuff
Go take your fucking drugs and watch your shitty movie already.

How did you get a photo of my cat?

I really liked the Matrix on acid, it was awesome. I closed my eyes during the part where the insect robot goes in his belly button because I knew it was coming and didn't want to get grossed out but the rest was great, theres a lot of good themes in that movie. I also highly recomend watching the Planet Earth episodes

Do you feel in charge?

Yes I do. Now go take your drugs, watch your movie, and fuck off.

I'm in charge, r-right?

But I'm watching the football games today. I will have to rip my face off later I guess.

>on the road all day until 5 or 6
>will miss all niggerball today except for SNF
Fuck why did you remind me?

same thing happened to me last week

Allegro non Troppo
Forbidden Zone
Fantasia
2001: A Space Odyssey
BBC's The Hunt and similar stuff (all the green foliage melted into some spectacular palooka)
Tetsuo the Iron Man
Samsara
Baraka
Heavy Metal 2000
Adam Chaplin could be fun

bump for interest

ITT
Sup Forumsack NEETS
who fell for the war on drugs
"Drugs are literally the devil incarnate" meme

Kubrick movies, especially 2001.
Fear and loathing

last time I tripped acid I watched a bunch of episodes of Mad Men of all things. it was incredibly comfy with all the colors and great music. it was also really hilarious, I started cracking up the moment Pete or roger came onscreen

>documented facts and reports are all lies
did you turn off your brain today or are you that insecure about drug use?

Fantastic Planet
The Yellow Submarine
Alice in Wonderland
Cat Soup
The Song of the Sea

how much of a pussy are you? its the holy mountain not the Texas chainsaw massacer. (btw i actually watched that on acid and i had a very nightmarish flashback too spooky)

Embrace of the Serpent.

Editor for a living here, and I can confirm this is absolutely true when stoned. It's actually kind of fascinating in an educational to feel the edits and the rhythm they create.

Here are a few of my favorites, OP

Heavy Metal
Planet Earth on mute with music playing
Dan Deacon's Ultimate Reality
Apocalypse Now
Augirre, The Wrath of God
The Fall

And if you want something really intense: World War II in HD (specifically the Air War)

I'd also like to add that it is more suited for fungus and the like.

Also this

How about you stop using psychedelics for dumb purposes such as that?

Go sit or lie in a dark room and meditate instead of the dumb shit like ''DUDE I WATCHED FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS AND IT ACTUALLY MADE SENSE XD''.

Fucking kids, go smoke weed instead of wasting a good trip like that.

>>Go sit or lie in a dark room and meditate
LOL

Our ancestors did the same, they didn't have access to unlimited entertainment.

If you can't be still during your trip you shouldn't be taking psychedelics in the first place.

>Our ancestors did the same, they didn't have access to unlimited entertainment.

Our ancestors shat in holes in the ground so I guess we should too.

We should. Squatting is far more healthy for your colon and the remnants of the food you ate can return to the soil from whence it came to complete the cycle.

Anyway, that's not an argument. Aren't you too young to be doing psychedelics?

Watched 2 movies while on LSD.
Would recommand both.

Fire Walk With Me
Holy Motors

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT watch Last Year At Marienbad

>faggot who thinks these drugs are anything more than just drugs calling others too young to be doing them
lmao

The fact that you don't know the power that hides within psychedelics or other drugs tells me enough about you.

People like you should just stick to weed and alcohol. One day you're gonna get a bad trip and you won't have a clue on how to handle it.

But I didn't imply what you implied I implied, dummy.

This movie makes me feel like Im on acid when watching it sober. Theres something very existential about it

>OD on hallucinogens
You can on pretty much all of them except acid though
>What are NBomes
>What are DOX's, 2CXs

And OP, watch Salo: 120 Days of Sodom

Pink Floyd's The Wall movie

Nice knowing that I'm not just imagining things.

I've tried to figure out what weed does how it changes you perception for video editing. At first I thought that it opened the window for what the mind saw as a synchronized event and that's what made random music seem to sync up perfectly with random videos. So aa beat that feels synced to cuts might actually be several frames off for. Then weed just kind of memory holes that gap after the fact and you perceive it as a two synchronized events. But this doesn't realty explain why off the mark cut stands out like a sore thumb.

The mechanism seems to be an greater tendency to make connection between the different senses. Normally when you see for example a dropping a plat on the floor, your btain expects to hear a sound associated with that dropped plate hitting the floor. This is perfectly reasonable brain behavior. And if you're hearing a noise you assume that it's coming from something physical and it's not just random noise being conjured out of thin air from the warp or whatever.

What weed does is simply to crank your ability to connect things that you see with things that you hear and that shit up to 11 and well past what I guess you could considered practical. Suddenly you start making connections between sensory input that don't actually have any connection. If someone is tapping your hand to th beat of some music, your brain will just go "Well clearly your hand is made of magic and thus produces an bass tone when tapped gently with a finger."

The thing about game show editing that just feels super off isi that often cuts aren't accompanies with a sound or anything like that. When you're blazed, it seems like your brain seriously just refuses to accept the idea that what you see can alter within a slit second without there being any any or sense of movement. So these cuts end up feeling uncanny, it's like hearing a sudden noise and not being able to figure out what just made it.

Holy Motors nice that's a trippy ass movie

Not watching Pink shave his nipples off with a razor while tripping. Uh uh.

On LSD? Nothing man, put on some ambient and just close your eyes until the visuals start.

I did that before and suddenly I was in a sphere of purple diamonds glowing and spinning around me.

Happiness(1998)

enjoy

Speed Racer

planet earth 1
planet earth 2
alien
neon demon
tron legacy
blade runner
pans labyrinth

You are disgracing the shamanic experience by staying anchored to the material world.

post better nigger

No plot, great visuals, and great soundtrack. It allegedly has an environmentalist message but when you're tripping it's more "technology fuck yeah!".

Sargeant Peppers Lonley Hearts Club Band
Alice in Wonderland (animated)
Super Mario Bros
Apocalypse Now
Beavis and Butthead Do America

Also link related; He's the Sheriff
youtube.com/watch?v=EsUsURAj0y0

The Truman Show fucking blew my mind while tripping.

Its "technology, fuck yah!"

But its also "technology, OH SHIT!"

Watched it sober and thought it would be like tripping. I reckon the black and white would force your mind to compensate the lack of colour to interesting effect. Great film.

Movies and videogames feel way less immersive when tripping than sober imo. Why is that? Shouldnt the opposite be true? Weed makes everything immersive af

The Great Dictator is pretty good.
Although I'd save the movies for the comedown, there's more interesting things to do while actually tripping.

Apparently Batteries Not Included is amazing on acid. Never done the stuff but I imagine it was like what 3D is without the glasses back when it came out and now its like a 3D movie without the annoying fucking glasses

Everyone always posts the same boring suggestions.

Last two times I tripped I watched Excalibur and marathoned MST3k. Ha a blast both times

I think the facade and artifice become more pronounced. The un-reality is more obvious, and the experience itself becomes absurd and pointless.

Reminder Sup Forums UNIRONICALLY likes Kanye West.

They UNIRONICALLY think that mentally ill ditsoon is good.

>wasting a trip watching a movie/playing a video game in stead of going out on an adventure
I often forget this site is filled with betacuck losers.

literally Field In England 2: Amazon Boogaloo

kek, what happened?