What are some 'must see' of the neon genre?

What are some 'must see' of the neon genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/finder_010704/status/798527626113478656
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Someone post the "Neon-core" image. Or was it "Night-core"?
All I remember from it is Neon Demon, Thief, Blade Runner, Bringing out the Dead, among others...

please, I've watched recently 青少年哪吒 and I absolutely love neon aesthetics

Is this good besides aesthetics?

Drive
Only God Forgives

The Guest is mandatory
Mystery Train is pic related and very good
Chunking Express
Drive

the moon in the gutter
enter the void (interminable)
the element of crime
suspira
evolution (the one by gaspar noe's wife)

These aren't all 'neon aesthetics" because that's an utterly asinine term but these are all highly stylish so you'll enjoy them if you're not a pleeeeeeb although enter the void is just annoying as fuck imo

>tfw no Kimiko gf

there is slightly more style than the substance but in general it's a story about loneliness in a big city. Taipei in the early 90s looked dope. IMO a pretty good film

Cheers Already downloading.

Please don't put Chunking Express in with those garbage flicks.

Its the same level as them tbqhwy

what movie did you name? rebels of a neon god? Can't see on my laptop because I don't have gook letters installed yet

yes, I found out about it by a coincidence browsing tumblr (I do it occasionally kek) From cinematographic point of view this film is amazing, work of camera itself deserves some award at least

It also has a proto-cyberpunk vibe aesthetically.

kek how did I guess that :^)
Yeah it's pretty dece, i'm watching tsai's stuff in chronological order right now and he's dank. GO AND WATCH THE RIVER TODAY WITHOUT READING ABOUT IT AS IT'S FUCKING SICK.

Welcome to Sup Forums newfag.

Watch more movies or should i say "epic kino"

seen some of them already, thanks guys.
Regarding Mystery Train; has anyone seen Paterson already? Is it any good like old Jarmusch films?
Will do buddy-o

but wait, they are chronological right? So the river is after rebels or is there something in between?

vive l'amour is after rebels then the river, the hole , what time is it there and thats as far as I can remember

Anyone seen pic related? I thought it was comfy.

thanks, so now I just need to find working torrents

The Neon Demon

Whats your skype or temp email?

found them already, thanks anyway :^)

you just lost yourself a private tracker invite

I don't have a good connection anyway

nice

Saved.

Does Collateral count? Takes place during the night but no more "neon" regular city lights

nice list, but
>night and the city REMAKE
the original is so much better! a true classic.

>the opposite sex of human species is between Refn and Gosling, literally dividing them in physical space
>this was the last time they spoke as friends
BRAVO REFN
R
A
V
O

An autist
Great lighting
Violence
I watched Bleeder at 3am the other night and loved every second

Every version I find of this has no subs for the jap parts
is this intentional?

>solaris
>kino

Thanks for nothing, OP already posted a pic of Refn

how is she even possible?

>mfw people say she was a bad casting choice for the neon demon

would've preferred to see her in the suspiria remake

She's cute for sure but I don't think she's as beautiful as neon demon made her out to be.

I'll take it if he won't. [email protected]

bump

Unironically Refn's second best movie

YOU STUPID FUCKING CUNTS SHE WASNT LETERALLY BEAUTIFUL SHE WAS JUST VIRGINALLY BEAUTIFUL

I FUCKING HATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU

Hotline Miami.

>that final scene where all the restaurant lights go out but two that are shining down on lenny and what ever the girls name was

add la Haine.

Oh I get it now. Still they could've hired someone prettier.

I wish Wes Anderson made a neon movie ;_;

twitter.com/finder_010704/status/798527626113478656

Neon Genre, god you millennials are so awful.

kys

Reminded me of this

i knew this were an elle thread

wow so epic
upvoted

it's not

kino

Watched Bringing out the dead tonight, I loved those speeded-up shots from the ambulance and dirt of the NY. Great movie lads

I wish Marty did more movies with Nic instead of DiCrapio

Definitely. The club scene alone makes it worth watching.

I don't know, I'm fine with Leo but I don't understand all the hate towards Cage and turning him into meme actor, in all the films I saw him playing in he was great even these national treasure likes.

Jesu Christ I hope your marketing team is paid well, for how long you've been shilling this movie on fucking Sup Forums of all places I hope they get a nice Christmas bonus.

He was horrible in that rapture movie.

>being
>this much of an idiot
Go watch cape kino

haven't seen that one and it looks like I've lost nothing

I watched it for the keks

in bringing out the dead there is plenty of black humour, I've laughed several times.

oh And there was this one shot from behind the Goodman's back in the ambulance and it looked like there were going through some wormhole like in 2001 or interstellar, fucking amazing

cry moar

Solaris is by far Tarkovsky's worst. It's almost like it was made by a different guy.

I'd watch it if it at least took place in L.A or some shit but nyc? fucking gross

>After Hours

Goddamn that film is just designed to make people angry. I still remember shortly after watching it I was in a bad mood.

It's definitely not a bad film, in fact I have to commend it for affecting me so profoundly.

this girl has great...

career prospects.

yep

What did they fight over?