Does Sup Forums watch Korean dramas?

Does Sup Forums watch Korean dramas?
I just got around to this type of shows and I'll be damned. I found the most heartbreaking, fun show. The plot is not as generic and the direction it took is amazing. I highly suggest looking into this show. Titled "Please come back, Mister"
>pic related

Also, discuss international shows.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PZuEyqW3cvM
youtube.com/watch?v=ym-E5inAuUU
youtube.com/watch?v=JP4spKr3TFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The only reason to watch a Korean drama is to see a cute Asian girl's foot after she loses her shoe. Everything else is irrelevant.

go to bed weab

Not enough diverse people in their shows.
Sad! Not going to watch this.

Some months ago, I stumbled upon a K-drama called "It's Okay, That's Love" on US Netflix. I usually avoid Korean dramas (and still do, to be honest), but I gave this one an episode to win me over. Ended up marathoning it over 2-3 days.

Brilliant show. Combined many subjects that interested me -- psychology, mental health, writing, art -- along with genres that I loved -- mystery, thriller, cute romance. What struck me most was the look of the show: over the same subject matter, I know (for a fact) that an American show would have the color palette be dark and drab. Yet "It's Okay, That's Love" is wonderfully bright.

Furthermore, it didn't have an utterly "Korean" or, rather, Korean drama feel to it. That is, you wouldn't need to have seen many other K-dramas to get the tropes. It's perfect for Westerners.

"Boys over Flowers" is some GOAT K-Drama shit.

>Does Sup Forums watch Korean dramas?
Yes, I just finished "My girlfriend is a Gumyho", enjoyed it a lot

>Please come back, Mister
Thanks for the recommendation

>It's Okay, That's Love
will check this too

>"Boys over Flowers" is some GOAT K-Drama shit.
word, loved that show, so good, but I think she should have stayed with Jihoo, the violinist. Also if you liked Boys over Flowers, "Cinderella and Four Knights" is pretty similar, I liked it a lot too, would recommend.

Hurrdurr I only watch something if it has nude scenes of my favorite child celebrity hurrr. Kill yourselves subhuman wastes.

>Brilliant show. Combined many subjects that interested me -- psychology, mental health, writing, art -- along with genres that I loved -- mystery, thriller, cute romance.
This. Obscured dramas like these are why I was so interested in finding good K-dramas. The genre is not generic and you can't really pinpoint what it is exactly. Something new for me, and thats what I love about it. Also, you'd enjoy "Please come back, Mister" with your description of why you watched that drama. Give it a try. It was a roller coaster of emotions for me. 11/10

>Yes, I just finished "My girlfriend is a Gumyho", enjoyed it a lot
How was it? Summarise please.

>Thanks for the recommendation
You won't regret it. It also has one of the best acting I've seen.

With the influx of posting about Korean movies and TV shows it is quite clear you are a marketer. Shill elsewhere.

I am never on Sup Forums and this board would be the only place where tthis wouldn't be counted as ultimate weeb shitposting. Which are ultimately the only thing I see here. Shitposts. Why can't an user start a thread about an interest that actually contributes to a board?

watch white christmas

I was really into Dae Jang Geum like ten years ago. I watched it twice, bought it on DVD and watched it a third time. I also tried a few other Korean dramas but they didn't interest me that much.

>How was it? Summarise please.
The guy releases a nine-tailed fox that wants to be human, she becomes her "girlfriend", after he needs her because she saves her life. There is also the romance of the protagonist's aunt and a movie director (Funniest part of the show imo).

koreans are worst asians though

>historical drama
what was so good about it that made you watch it 3 times?

>koreans are best asians though
Fify

No, just game shows/reality TV
The Genius is GOAT

>just game shows/reality TV
What shows (besides the already mentioned The Genius) would you recommend?

Also, where do you watch them? I use kshowonline.com , is there any site better

The story and characters. The lead actress Lee Young-ae is great. And also very beautiful.

Production-wise it's so-so, although it has some pretty good music.

youtube.com/watch?v=PZuEyqW3cvM

My korean wife does. They look terrible. She's watching a new one now about a mermaid

>My korean wife does
Based user

>She's watching a new one now about a mermaid
Is it "The Idle Mermaid"?

Society Game is ongoing and produced by the same people. As well as Crime Scene. All subbed by bxrme.tumblr.com

Why is every korean drama so lame, are the "good" ones only conssidered good when you suspend your criticism of it's conventions?

Why don't they put in as much effort with their television as they do witht their films?

I just started watching Goblin and it's still the same contrived shit. I only cant stop watching because I hate myself.

Every goddamm show is cringey (the story, the editing, the setting, the music) - even the "serious ones" like Iris or East of Eden are at their core rather crap...

How do bloggers work themselves up to writing seriously about these fucking shows

rant over i guess.

i think its because they don't do "seasons" like in western tv shows. i read that they release the episode only a few days after filming it and will monitor fan feedback and sometimes the writers will adjust accordingly.

kdrama more like gay drama

"Oh my ghostess"

On Hulu, one of my favs. Are the ones mentioned, similar?

I think that's part of the reason. But for example with the show 'Descendants of the Sun' (which was "pre-prduced") they invented a military conflict in a fictional country called "Uruk" aka a middle eastern conflict zone - all to serve solely as an interesting backdrop to a pathetic romance bewteen a doctor and a soldier. (Yes, I know the futility of criticising k-drama for it's melodrama and outlandishness but just humor me for a bit).

And what the fuck is up with the taacky instant-replay editing/slow-motion. It's like the characters can't live in the damned moment.

>saying this but also watching fucking Korean melodramatic bullshit

kino
youtube.com/watch?v=ym-E5inAuUU

I will watch this shit right now

I watched one that's on YT about a girl that loves to eat a lot although I always ended up getting triggered by the lack of manners gooks display when eating.

This is the one. Disgusting pieces of shit youtube.com/watch?v=JP4spKr3TFU

I think it's like a thing over in korea to have pretty women eat like slobs because it's somehow endearing/cute

>How do bloggers work themselves up to writing seriously about these fucking shows
Because they slichlick watching the pretty boys and delude into believing they aren't watching crap. It's the same shit with Sup Forums and seasonal anime but with waifus instead of Koreans

Still butthurt for what they did to City Hunter.

>mfw reviewers say the shitty k-drama is a vast improvement over the manga/anime

Can anyone tell me what show this is

>mfw reviewers say the shitty k-drama is a vast improvement over the manga/anime
they are tho

>>>/tumblr/

>Because they slichlick watching the pretty boys and delude into believing they aren't watching crap. It's the same shit with Sup Forums and seasonal anime but with waifus instead of Koreans

I should say that much should have been obvious to me but it sometimes feels like I'm the crazy one for going "really? you're actually gonna try to intelligently recap and analyse this piece of shit show without any irony?" - just look at dramabeans blog for example. Or is it that it's just a tacit and unspoken truth that k-dramas are generally pretty stupid (sometimes reason-defying), even the serious ones, and so it's useless in pointing it out?

Fangirls are very defensive with their shitty melodramas. I remember some years ago a discussion where some chick made a rant about how anyone who got mad with the male lead of Mayu Shinjo's Haou Airen for raping the female lead multiple times was immature