What's your Jazz AOTY?

What's your Jazz AOTY?

Other urls found in this thread:

lnwy.co/read/new-golden-age-jazz/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jazz hasn't been good for nearly four decades

That one that's not snooze inducing derivative of a derivative of a derivative trash recorded by a bunch of 22 year old virginal trust fund kids fresh out of music school

>"I've never listened to any modern jazz"

>Jazz
>good
It was never good.

See? He didn't even attempt to make his baits somewhat entertaining.

These were both pretty good

This album was garbage

you are garbage

we really out here in these streets b

Any recommendations? I'm . I would like to hear some avant-garde and free jazz madness, given that I wasn't that impressed with other albums in that style from this year. Recommendations for other subgenres are welcome as well.

also this

definitely NOT:
BBNG - IV (leland "sexy saxman solo" whitty pls go)
Floating Points - Reflections (do better Sam)

Nerve Dance by Michael Attias and Vertical by Mario Pavone were good ones

lnwy.co/read/new-golden-age-jazz/

Is he right?

>Part free jazz freakout, part bold assertion of radical black consciousness in the face of systematic oppression, part testament to the importance of sustained optimism and self-love, Lamar’s third album
What? What?!

No, what he's talking about is a desperate bid for commercial viability and social relevance for jazz, much more akin to the success of smooth jazz in the 80's than the real golden age of jazz.

The irony of it is that there are great jazz musicians making amazing music today and I bet the writer of that article has never even heard of most of them.

>Unlike Gosling’s character inLa La Land, Washington was no traditionalist. While his music clearly exists in a storied lineage of tenor saxophone players, it captures the hip-hop fury you’d expect from someone raised onN.W.A. It captures the manic energy of its time but boasts a regenerative tone and indefatigable strength.
I suppose there's no point in reading after this. He wanted to present his friend in a good light, as well as:

Are there people who actually think this?

uk owned jazz 2017, kamasi can fuck off with his retro modern shit

>avant-garde and free jazz madness
>madness
>LE EPIC CHAOS AND MADNESS XD!!

Just stick to edgy rock music kid.