/grimes/

New music soon!
>when u have all the songs but u still need to do vox and fix drums on p much every thing and its been almost a year of isolation despair and chaos when will... it......... end. only i can end it oh my god hzhahhaah
instagram.com/p/BczZtpsADGP/
>just played label new music they rly dig it so hopefully smthn soon
mobile.twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/941898828046725121
Be nice to Grimes!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
soundcloud.com/zan-trikx/nut-cracker-march-remix
youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA
youtube.com/watch?v=1A_aauG6n0I
youtube.com/watch?v=L_hFrJ-FM2o
youtube.com/watch?v=xoxCItHxLiM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjPoj8a4Ko
youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI
youtube.com/watch?v=S4R8HTIgHUU
youtube.com/watch?v=Aqp3Ic8iwWE
youtube.com/watch?v=FTvanzhR6ok
youtube.com/watch?v=fON6EE1PvlA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we all love grimes

fpbp

who is this

Grimes, friend.

youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE

Daily reminder that Grimes is fucking terrible and you idiots are no different than the k-shitters who spam this board with their trash.

Reminder that your opinion is fucking trash

THIS is the music that this board orgasms itself over? Jesus...

GRIMES PROFILE:
>Full name: Claire Elise Boucher
>Born: 17 March 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
>Origin: Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent
>Instruments: vocals, synthesizer, sampler, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele, ehru

>Skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director
- dancer
- model
- writer

>Main interests:
Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modeling, video games, internet, and others

>Music taste:
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

>Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
- studied ballet for 11 years
- was a goth outcast in high school
- studed neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature and McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
- started making music when she was around the age of 22 or 23
- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan

Ohhhhh I get it now. It's not about the music, it's about her. That dude was right, this really is some KPop-tier shit. I hope none of you are the people that ostracize those who follow the Kardashians and the like

if you love k-pop so much, why don't you marry k-pop?

Yes, this is that music. Actually just one song, because her discography is really diverse. Try this one too: youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
And stop being a narrow minded pleb.

grimez

claire is a cute anime

is claire real

Well this song is slightly better then the first one posted, but unfortunately didn't have a music video to back it up so it was much less entertaining. Is it really the music that you like? Cause from what I've heard in this thread I am not impressed whatsoever. And from what I've seen in this thread there seems to be more of a focus on her as a person instead of her music. Which is some KPop shit

basic retort. you're too basic.

claire israel

>but unfortunately didn't have a music video to back it up so it was much less entertaining.
So, are you a shallow waifufag? Dude, you're confusing this thread with a KPop thread.
>Cause from what I've heard in this thread I am not impressed whatsoever.
You just don't like it. The world doesn't revolve around your taste. If you dislike it, listen to something else, ffs.

what if claire is real?

I am confusing this thread with a KPop thread because from what I'm seeing its 99% the same thing. Very little interest in music and more focused on the performer like some sort of reality show. And like I said, in my opinion the music itself is pretty mediocre. The first link wasn't too bad because the music video itself was actually well done and entertaining, whereas the second link didn't have the same luxury. Not sure what that has to do with KPop or waifus.

And I never said or implied that the world should revolve around my taste. I came into this thread looking for music, had some music recommended to me, listened to it with as little bias as possible and gave my input. I thought that was the point of this board? But as I'm seeing threads like this clearly aren't about the music...

>Dude, you're confusing this thread with a KPop thread.
wow how could anyone ever get those two mixed up

im claire

kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself

no! :)

do you like claire

I doubt it dued

soundcloud.com/zan-trikx/nut-cracker-march-remix

What is this

Most discussions related to female artists are artist discussions, which are allowed by Sup Forums - read the rules. It doesn't mean people don't like their music.
Instead judging her music so quickly, why don't you check out her discography? Her stylistic range is quite big, from poppier songs like youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA to weirder songs like youtube.com/watch?v=1A_aauG6n0I and to wtf songs like youtube.com/watch?v=L_hFrJ-FM2o

BTW which genres / artists do you like?

Beret isn't SOP.

And her fingers are strange.

I listen to anything and everything, but experimental music and things that push the boundaries are my favorite, which is why I figured if anything I would have some predispostion towards actually favoring her music. And let me say right now that I do not think any of her music, atleast the songs that have been posted in this thread, are inherently bad. But in my eyes, despite being labeled as experimental she is incredibly tame. Even that last 'wtf' song you listed wasn't really anything that pushed the envelope. Kinda standard for what you'd expect from any sort of electro/trance song. Her voice is nice, her production is above average, but the result sounds like every other song I would hear if I threw on any Monstercat electropop playlist from 2012. In my eyes she is just very average, maybe slightly above if anything. And that leads me to believe the KPop effect is happening here.

In terms of artists: I tend to listen just to songs as opposed to artists/albums but I guess a vaguely comparable artist would be Tennyson if you've heard of them. They are also indie pop with hints of electro, but to me have a muuuuuuch more unique and entertaining sound (though I will say they lack the quality vocals she provides)

so Pretty.

>but the result sounds like every other song I would hear if I threw on any Monstercat electropop playlist from 2012.
Not sure is baiting or not, but show me another song like that wtf song (Omega). Let's see if it's really that common.
You're selling her short.

bump

claire

Yaeji.

youtube.com/watch?v=xoxCItHxLiM

>I listen to anything and everything, but experimental music and things that push the boundaries are my favorite, which is why I figured if anything I would have some predispostion towards actually favoring her music.
But she's pushing boundaries. There's not even one artist like her in the whole world. Prove me wrong.
>But in my eyes, despite being labeled as experimental she is incredibly tame.
You were misinformed. She's not 100% experimental; she's half pop, half experimental. She's primarily a synthpop artist. Let's be real, if she were really experimental, she would be a niche artist.
She sounds tame to you probably because you're accustomed to some difficult/unlistenble music. But show her music to a stranger and I bet they will label it as weird.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjPoj8a4Ko

Skip around this video and you will find multiple examples that sound very close to that song. Granted this music is slightly more electro/house and upbeat, but hey I spent 10 minutes browsing youtube mixes and got very very close. I'm sure if I spent any real amount of time looking I could get you something much closer

Are you kidding me? You seemed like a serious person, not a joker. How the hell some random vocal trance is even similar to this youtube.com/watch?v=L_hFrJ-FM2o ? They're not even in the same genre! Please stop baiting, actually listen to that song and find a good similar song to it.
If you're curious, this 10 minutes jam is her most experimental work youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI

>But she's pushing boundaries. There's not even one artist like her in the whole world. Prove me wrong.

Her music does not sound that original to me whatsoever. Like I told that other user, alot of what I heard sounds like it could be found in a generic monstercat playlist from years ago. The thing is though, the majority of songs posted in this thread are, atleast I believe to be, some of her pop-ier songs so I'm probably not getting the full experience. But in relation to those songs that were posted, I would say she sounds similiar to even the mainstream of the mainstream like Lana Del Ray or Lorde. Production wise it sounds like it could come from Glass Candy or Bjork even.

You are correct below though, like I said I do get exposure to tons of weird shit, so I definitely have higher standards in regards to what i would consider actually experimental.

youtube.com/watch?v=S4R8HTIgHUU

Actually listen to that mix before you judge it. I heard multiple instances of songs that sounded very similiar. The key is to look after one song ends and while they are still transitioning, because after they drop they turn far too electro. And I am being 100% serious, not baiting you. I'll check out that longer song rn

>Sup Forums is bullying Claire

:(

>But in relation to those songs that were posted, I would say she sounds similiar to even the mainstream of the mainstream like Lana Del Ray or Lorde.
You couldn't be further from the truth. Her songs are very different in every way: lyrical content, vocals, production, melodies, and so on. Grimes is closer to classic synthpop and IDM than to mainstream pop.

As a matter of fact, could you imagine LDR or Lorde ever making songs like:
youtube.com/watch?v=Aqp3Ic8iwWE
youtube.com/watch?v=FTvanzhR6ok
youtube.com/watch?v=fON6EE1PvlA
?
(those are short songs)

bump

I dream of reading about Claire thoughts on life, existence, medieval era, trips, witches, etc..

>it's impossible for people to hate star wars this much

she's right

Bump

Grimes

claire

I was pretty

Grimes inspires me to become more Grimeslike in my own life. Can't wait for the new music!

Grimes a shit, SHIT

grimes a cute, CUTE

Bump

Love

?

claire

You guys are sick and all need help.

bump

Help

claire

A non

bump

cute

I looked pretty good

no way

Why

I'm joking

claire

boucher

Wow... she’s perfect.

Bump

Claire.... I love you....

yes

the above sounds exactly like her, that's how easy her plebster music is to make

Why does she type like a dumb bimbo?

stop posting shopped pics with clairy. pic related is the real one.

>the above sounds exactly like her
b8 as fake as your onion

it's a real onion...

Is it gay if i like grimes?

Hey guys tay tay checking in! So great that you're all helping a special needs artist like claire.

She does it so people will like her. I think that's fair

Nice trips

So did you guys like the new Star Wars movie?

no u stop

this shit still going on?

Fuck you

Grimes is stalking me

Do you have something to say?

why not?

Help yourself

rude

this must be one of those 4 channers our grimey keeps talking about

It's alright