Your Name just won best animated films at LAFCA, it's comming for that oscar, stay pressed Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eE-_kNWJXNw
youtube.com/watch?v=LNuq5v7INeo
youtube.com/watch?v=s0wTdCQoc2k
youtube.com/watch?v=KzBBIBSi2Vo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South_Korean_submissions_for_the_Academy_Award_for_Best_Foreign_Language_Film
youtube.com/watch?v=b81_Gz-gk1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Oscar is going to Zootopia you dip.

stream/download where?

inb4 this gets deleted by some retard again.

Happy to see a thread. Saw the choice and my gut reaction was "WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Handmaiden winning Production Design, OJ Made in America winning Editing, Issey Ogata as runner-up for Supporting Actor. I don't remember the LAFCA ever being this based.

Kingsglaive has the Oscar in the bag.

>Japanese cartoon
>The main characters are high schoolers
EVERY
TIME

>Nu-Anime

i was gonna see it tomorrow but the only showing is the dub. i dont' think it's gonna be in cinemas ever again after that. i'd rather not ruin it with the shitty english dub. guess i'll pick it up on dvd.

>LAFCA
>hey the oscars are good too
hahaaHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Good fucking god Sup Forums and /lit/ were right about Sup Forums ruining this board

The Lobster just won screenplay. What the fuck is going on?

given
i dont think LA fim critics are gonna be any more recognition though

Putting aside that it isn't a cartoon, they aren't high schoolers "every time." It's also not something that's specific to anime, a lot of their live action movies and shows are set in/around high school too.

I was going to take you seriously untill you mentioned other boards, you know that LAFCA are considered the most prestigious critics awards afther the NSFC? dum cunt.
And I've never played a video game on my life or visited Sup Forums.

Wait is that the fucking deus ex machina anime?

oscars are joke in the rest of the world.

only reason for giving this flick one, would be an aggressive american marketing campaign. not gonna happen

But... it IS a cartoon.

>Japanese cartoon
>this starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=eE-_kNWJXNw

It's called Japanimation, baka!

>Sup Forums and /lit/

So you're a half-Marxist pseudo-intellectual that listens to Kanye and other meme rap?

Kill yourself

gets me every time

Adamn Driver just won best actor for Paterson, LAFCA can be more based?

This is a cartoon:
youtube.com/watch?v=LNuq5v7INeo

Best Actor: Adam Driver for "Paterson"

>indie and foreign film winning everything
How many moats can be filled with Hollywood studio tears right now? I know none of this really matters, it's just fun to watch everything unfold.

kyon kun denwaaa

Fiding Dory will win
It actually has themes

Dubs are much better than they were in the old days and have been for years. Most dubs nowadays are as good as the Japanese voicework, some are even better. Stop being such a fucking weeaboo.

youtube.com/watch?v=s0wTdCQoc2k

This is fucking poor. That female voice is absolutely grating....

i speak nip why would i watch a dub ?

>dubfags

>Most dubs nowadays are as good as the Japanese voicework
I'm sure this is real in your mind.

yeah disney dubs. i really enjoyed the dub for arrietty.

but dubs outside of disney fucking suck

>weebs

Isabelle Huppert won best actress for Elle.

Name two dubs that came out this year that where better then the orginal voices.

Disney's dubs fuck with the script, and in the case of Kiki they basically rewrote a character.

The UK dub and the US dub are quite different. I actually think the UK dub has a more star-studded cast, and is ultimately better acted.
Obviously Japanese dialogue is the only real way to watch it. The Disney dub changes the ending.

youtube.com/watch?v=KzBBIBSi2Vo

This is the one I saw, great dub.

How is it 'supposed' to end??

What are some other good studios besides ghibli?

I don't understand the hype, it was the most generic cookie cutter type love drama ever

Seem you saw the UK version, which is pretty good. The Disney version makes it clear that there's no suspense of whether or not the kid will get better. The first scene has his narration saying how the following events were from a few years ago, and the ending has him say something like "Thanks to you I've been cured of my illness." It's been several years since I've seen it, but that's the general gist. The Japanese version is ambiguous as to whether or not the kid actually dies or not. It's left up to the viewer.

> Weebshit actually won

Holy kek

people with autism love basic shit anime that has every trope under the red sun

Huh I don't remember that in the UK version. I thought the ending was really bittersweet because I thought it was up in the air whether he would die or not.

Saw this yesterday at the theater. It was much much better than I expected and definitely Shinkai's best so far.

Kyoto Animation, Shaft, Production IG and PA Works come to mind. But in most cases you shouldn't pay too much attention to the studio since they do a lot of contract work and there's freelancers working on projects.

Generic doesn't mean anything and this is another fine example.

its almost like Sup Forums is shit

Best Director: Barry Jenkins, Moonlight. Runner-up: Damien Chazelle, La La Land

try kissanime

>listening to moonspeak while reading dialogue

i do that, what are you going to do about it nigger?

The UK release is actually a different version from the US Disney release. Essentially there were two English dubs. I'm talking about the one you didn't see.

This. It would be lucky to even get a nomination in modern jew society

>keit-ai not in Switzerland's theaters
>b-best country in the w-world I s-swear
yeah no fuck this country

Best Picture

Winner: Moonlight!
Runner-up: La La Land

Best Picture just went the same way. Moonlight, with La La Land right behind. Predictable, but at least the other awards were really pulled out of left field.

>moonlight
Just seeing the poster tells you everything you need to know

Ok OP i've been hearing a lot from this and not precisely from the weeb comunity, is it there a good torrent? I mean not harsubbed or camrip etc.

Best foreign film
Winner: The Handmaiden
Runner-up: Toni Erdmann.

cool

Full list:
Best Film:“Moonlight”
Runner-up: “La La Land”
Best Director: Barry Jenkins, “Moonlight”
Runner-up: Damien Chazelle, “La La Land”
Best Actor: Adam Driver, “Paterson”
Runner-up: Casey Affleck, “Manchester by the Sea”
Best Actress: Isabelle Huppert, “Elle” and “Things to Come”
Runner-up: Rebecca Hall, “Christine”
Best Supporting Actor: Mahershala Ali, “Moonlight”
Runner-up: Issey Ogata, “Silence”
Best Supporting Actress: Lily Gladstone, “Certain Women”
Runner-up: Michelle Williams, “Manchester by the Sea”
Best Documentary: “I Am Not Your Negro”
Runner-up: “O.J.: Made in America”
Best Animated Film: “Your Name”
Runner-up: “The Red Turtle”
Best Foreign Language Film: The Handmaiden
Runner-up: Toni Erdmann
Best Screenplay: Efthymis Filippou and Yorgos Lanthimos, “The Lobster”
Runner-up: Kenneth Lonergan, “Manchester by the Sea”
Best Cinematography: James Laxton, “Moonlight”
Runner-up: Linus Sandgren, “La La Land”
Best Editing: Ben Granato, Maya Mumma, Ben Sozanski, “O.J.: Made in America”
Runner-up: David Wasco, “La La Land”
Best Music/Score: Justin Hurwitz, Benj Pasek, Justin Paul, “La La Land”
Runner-up: Mica Levi, “Jackie”
Best Production Design: Ryu Seong-hee, “The Handmaiden”
Runner-up: David Wasco, “La La Land”

bump.

>Moonlight

She's like a homoerotic flick from the trailer. Is it a meme winner or actually good?

Is good, dont let the visitors from Sup Forums infect your opinion of the film.

>the handmaiden

South Korea picked The Age of Shadows for this Oscars.

Yes, it was stupid, but at least the critics can support it, and probably it will get some techs nominations as, production desing and cinematography.

I want to _hug that girl in that picture.

>literal meme come to life wins the oscars
>director goes on stage and says "this award for you"
>he's a big guy

Is it a homo flick?

Even The Wailing would have made more sense, but South Korea really cut themselves out of the race by not picking The Handmaiden. What were they thinking, really?

This is why the Foreign Language Oscar baffles me. Having the countries pick a single film doesn't make sense. What if more than one movie cam out from the same country in the same year that is worthy enough to warrant a nom? Some countries have political regimes that may disapprove of a certain movie. Brazil chose shitty oscarbait as a statement just so that Aquarius, which earned critical raves despite its subject matter criticizing Brazilian government, wouldn't have a chance. Even if it's not politically charged, honestly your chances at winning the award are at the mercy of what film the country picks.

Deserved. Park Chan Wook is a genius.

Beside all the famous movies it has since the 00s, South Korea didn't get a single nomination yet in its history.

That tells you something about their picks.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South_Korean_submissions_for_the_Academy_Award_for_Best_Foreign_Language_Film

Mother was their only good pick. Pietá is ok tho.

>japanese birthrate control #38473

What?

Watch anime = No need to real women because 2D qts are better than THOSE FUCKING MANIPULATING BITCHY CUNTS OH GOD I HATE THEM, I PREFER MY CUTE AND PURE WAIFU THAN THOSE WHORES

Not in my watch

Your Name is at the moment the sixth most watched movie of all time in Japan. A lot of anime is mainstream in Japan. And not everyone who is heavily into anime is single.

this is just some self insert waifu garbage isnt it?

Self-insertion is a Western meme and waifu means a character that you personally are in love with, it does not mean just any female character. Try to learn to communicate without relying on meaningless or incorrectly used buzzwords.

oh sorry. i didnt realize you liked garbage.

>Dubs are much better than they were in the old days and have been for years

fucking kys

What are you talking about?

oh sorry did i use garbage incorrectly?

Again, what are you talking about?

>Mother was their only good pick

Fuck you, Oasis is better than Mother.

And why pick Mother over Breathless?

>Koreans in charge of picking best film

literally google it you insipid little faggot

>NOTHING NASTY NOW.

youtube.com/watch?v=b81_Gz-gk1o

What the fuck? I don't think he even changes his expression in Paterson.

Casey is winning the Oscar, fuck Driver.

>im-fucking-plying the Oscar for Best Animated Feature isn't going to either Zootopia or Finding Dory

You know (((they))) always win

How did you see Paterson? Festival?

They can't separate the actress work from her private life and SK hates big time the actress k.min-hee
A shame really

Yea NYFF. It's underwhelming as a film but super Jarmuschy if you're into that.

They are both cartoons user
Just because it was made in japan doesn't change this fact. "Anime" is a superficial label used to signify japanese cartoons. The fact it gets its own label has lead to completely unjustified elitism by japanese cartoon watchers, as they somehow think anime is more mature than western cartoons and therefore couldn't possibly be considered as part of the same category

Cartoons and anime are two fundamentally different forms of animation.

>The fact it gets its own label has lead to completely unjustified elitism by japanese cartoon watchers
Anime is by far more sophisticated, advanced and ambitious than cartoons. There's nothing elitist about recognizing that.

why is japan so comfy bros

Mickey doesn't wear a watch, retard.

Cartoon
>a motion picture using animation techniques to photograph a sequence of drawings rather than real people or objects.
anime is a fucking cartoon. just accept that youre a grown virgin "man" who watches cartoons and move on with your "life"

That definition is wrong.

>anime is a fucking cartoon.
No. Again, they are fundamentally different forms of animation.

>just accept that youre a grown virgin "man" who watches cartoons and move on with your "life"
But I don't watch cartoons. What are you talking about?

>Zootopia
>Moana
>Kubo
Oscars already have their usual bag out of Hollywood this year.

It won't even be nominated. Even it is it's impossible for some nip studio to compete with Disney lobbying for voters.

>tfw never get to see this in a theatre