Is he /ourguy/?

Is he /ourguy/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FiZ_2_bamh8?t=1m35s
youtube.com/watch?v=F2A74KSCelA
youtu.be/uFB5QS1im3Q?t=1m53s
youtube.com/watch?v=6VhSm6G7cVk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>sell your own race out to foreign multicultural invaders in exchange for a cushy job

> /ourguy/

Sure is Yoorup ITT

I bet you think the good guys won WWII

Oh my dear Cardassian friends, you need not fear the Jem'hadar squads we're deploying in your streets. They're merely here to enrich your culture with the peaceful ways of the Dominion.

Fuck off Sup Forums

that's not Barclay

>I find interspecies mating rituals fascinating to watch

What did he mean by this?

Friendly reminder: Your sexual organs did nothing wrong.

Dukat was amazing until he made a deal with the Bajoran devil and turned into a Bajoran to fuck Nurse Ratched

Obedience brings victory; victory is life.

I thought the Jem'hadar were pretty cool for just being cannon fodder. Then there was the very briefly mentioned 'rivialary' between ones bred in the Alpha and ones bred in the the Gamma Quadrant.

But I digress.

Why was Weyoun the best character on DS9?

>Dis nigga
GARAK 4 LYFE
youtu.be/FiZ_2_bamh8?t=1m35s

Based Combs

what's the consensus on Damar?
youtube.com/watch?v=F2A74KSCelA

Nigga, please.

Garak was the one true lord and savior of that show.

no the most type cast guy in Hollywood history is

I liked Damar.
He was a nobody who was caught up in turbulent time.
Most of Star Trek is about the best of the best in extraordinary situations.
But Damar is just swept a long, turning to drink to cope
It's quite realistic.

It's part of DS9's theme of showing the underside of utopia

youtu.be/uFB5QS1im3Q?t=1m53s

/ourguy/ is some sort of tie between Geordi, Barcley, O'Brien, and Bashir.

Prove me wrong.
you can't

Greatest DS9 scene

youtube.com/watch?v=6VhSm6G7cVk

>/ourguy/ is a spergy loser that never gets the girl
Sounds right

Thread saved.

My favorite Jem'Hadar was on the asteroid prison in the Gamma Quadrant where Julian, Inabran Tain, and the real Martok were being held.

Worf's consecutive wins against the first's soldiers; Garak's claustrophobia in the tunnel trying to reach the runabout, Garak talking to Tain - hoping to hear him call him "my son" before he died.

Fucking top tier two parter.

Recidivist subordinate; alcoholic; lucked into martyrdom.

Mah nigga!

The Garak/Tain parts were GOAT

Why are Bajorans such fucking cunts, though?

Remider that Cardassia did nothing wrong

>Why are Bajorans such fucking cunts, though?
A culture too religious for how advanced they were technologically.

They were constantly bickering over which group were the most loyal to the Vedeks or those to the "people"/government, but somehow this superstition paid off when some magical temple (wormhole) was found that (surprise!) also had their gods in it and (surprise AGAIN!) also was just up the road from their home planet and (a third surprise!?) the moral arbiters and opportunists in the Federation were in control of Terok Nor just in time for these events to unfold.

Those broken nosed ayys had to be lucked into relevancy three times over.

>Just finished Deep Space Nine
>Start re-watching TNG fo fill the whole in my life

It's just not the same. The terribleness of s1 TNG doesn't help either

Take it one episode at a time.

It should be said that DS9 has far more atmosphere and activity going on.

TNG, by comparison, is far more sterile and quiet.

The ambience and stories are still good but if you can get to season 3, that's when the show finally finds it's legs and in a really good way.

Just army crawl through those first two seasons for Trek's sake.

IMO Dukat was at his best with his pirate crew on his captured Bird of Prey

Dukat and Kira in the Bird-of-Prey could've done a lot more but you can't milk it too much without it becoming the focal point when it shouldn't be.

A couple more episodes would've been great, but the main storyline should always dictate where things go.

Amazing that Dukat seemed so down to Earth and they forgot who he was in that episode arguing with Kira and Damar while just three seasons later he's literally Satan and throwing fire like Diablo 2 spells.

Ira should be embarrassed to this day how he concluded his masterpiece.

Yeah, the ending was really wet. Dukat's character sin was always arrogance more than malice. That's why I wish they had fleshed out the BoP stuff more, the guy who spent his career looking down his nose at lowly terrorists has to learn how to be one.

Turning him into a literal carton villain by the end was bleh.

Speculation on STD fan service?

Return of Combs as some semi-villain?

Return of Dax (symbiont) but from one of the early hosts?

STD will likely have no connection to anything we know

CBS is retarded like that
They already dumped Fuller

I'm hoping t'pol shows up in the first episode seeing as its possible for her to still be alive I think. I don't know who else it could be.

I was really hoping that STD was going to be set between VI and TNG. There's so much potential to work with there.

Plus I like the uniforms.

Assuming I'm right in remembering that its set pre TOS

>Young Kirk/Spock/McCoy etc.

>Son/daughter of one of Enterprises cast.

>Father/mother of one of the casts of TNG, DS9 or VOY

>Brent Spiner as yet another Soong

>Time travel episode involving the crew having to interact with and/or team up with Captain/Admiral [insert whomever is willing/desperate enough to reprise their role]

>Someone, either a pre established old school Trek villain or a completely new character arriving from the Kelvin timeline.

>Q

>Based Jeffrey Combs

Any of these are feasible I reckon.

>WORF: Is there no Jem'Hadar willing to face me?
>DEYOS: Fascinating. Even after all he's been through, the Klingon still thirsts for battle. Doesn't he ever tire of it?
>IKAT'IKA: I never do.
>DEYOS: You fight because that is what you were designed to do. All that motivates him is some barbaric sense of honour.
>IKAT'IKA: And that is something you will never understand.

I get this feeling that CBS wants a "moving forward" from whoever runs the show and thus the departure from Fuller (even though he was completely on the pro-regressive train from the start - at least he was intimately aware of Trek and wrote good Trek in the past).

I think they want something cleaner that delineates from past Trek while appealing to a newer generation of liberals, particularly the Millenial / Gen Z reactionary types.

If I start watching it and I feel like the storylines are the B-Story to a weekly moral narrative then I'm done for good with the series.

Only on very specific episodes did past Trek use the mallet to drum home their points.

I like the part where Martok and Worf speak of Garak facing his claustrophobia in that scene "There is no greater enemy than ones own fears. It takes a brave man to face them."

>Someone, either a pre established old school Trek villain or a completely new character arriving from the Kelvin timeline.

Whoa! WTF put some blinders on that shit, I about hurled my penne pasta just now!

The entire two parter is filled with surprises and top dialogue.

>When the Breen turns and shoots the Jem'Hadar
>When we find out Martok was kidnapped off of Kang's Summit hunting saber-bear when he awoke in the prison
>The reveal of Dr. Bashir as we immediately realize a changeling is back on the station, IN OPS

It was an endless rush of shit happening around us. It was DS9 at it's very best in IMO. Appealed to a lot of male specific themes as well.

They should write it that Soong monkeyed with is own DNA so that any decedants are essentially clones of himself, that way there's a Brent Spiner in every century.

What do you reckon the "historical event" will be?

>Damar having a laugh after Worf kills Weyoun 7 and then laying the top bantz on Weyoun 8

based

it was chrono-engineering by the wormhole aliens.

use that list, or only watch the openers/finales and q episodes in the first 2 seasons.

>yes i know that one finale with the mind invading bugs is stupid, but it's better than most of the first season.

>the guy who spent his career looking down his nose at lowly terrorists has to learn how to be one.

I don't think he ever more than superficially acknowledged it because in reality he was a power hungry narcissist choosing whatever path in front of he thought would lead to him gaining the most power.

Which really pisses me off because it makes the entire series seem like the play thing of an immortal species.

Sisko the Emissary, the "Temple", the "Black Locusts"..

It's like it was a book they wanted to write then see come to life through their time subjects.

If they would've made the Prophets a lot more like wormhole aliens, I think we wouldn't have seen such a laughable ending.

he developed that fear being locked in the closet for too long.

You forgot Harry Kim

>Which really pisses me off because it makes the entire series seem like the play thing of an immortal species.

Well, it was actually a struggle between two groups of said immortal species.

I don't mind it too much. It was interesting having a higher form of life manipulate the Feds, Cardies, Bajorans, etc.

The green, and yellow dead lights will show you the way.

A challenger appears

>ROAH CLAPIN JAINREYY WEN U PLOMOTE OW SOHN, HARREE? HE GOOD OFFICUH OKLAY?!

Yeah, this.
I've only finished DS9 today myself, after taking over 3 months to get trought S7. Honestly that whole thing was a clusterfuck.
The 2-parter last episode is so bad
>a fucking slideshow

Well, I just felt that, if they were going to grant them power over space and time that it would be provisional like only given the right type of person or during the alignment of the galaxy, etc.

Q vs. The Prophets - who wins?

They were once considered mortal enemies of the King on Empire.

They were an ecological menace, a plague to be whipped out.

who wins, Q vs the Prophets?

based, it was fun watching him from bit character to a big role in Cardassian resistance; but I can't help but feel he fills a role that Dukat was suppose to fill before he became a comic book villain

prophets can apparently be wiped out by shooting some beam from ds9.

I want an homage to this episode in Discovery where they actually go to the Tribble homeworld and release a biogenic weapon into the atmosphere just like Sisko did (for canon's sake).

The Pah-Wraiths ;)

It was Chroniton particles pointed at the Verteron nodes inside of the wormhole (quoting Chief Miles Edward O'Brien).

they shouldn't have been so advanced, they got their technology from the cardassians

both of those ideas are just too good to hope for

Expect some references from JJ's Trek

Q in a heartbeat.

The Prophets spend fucking ages trying to work out just what the fuck they are looking at whenever they contact a corporeal being.

While they discuss amongst each other what Q are, they'd get wrecked.

Also its implied that Prophets can die, whereas I might be wrong, but unless the continuum strips one of their powers, aren't the Q essentially immortal and indestructible?

They should make a new star trek show but it's set after the events of ds9 and stuff
and also no time travel bollocks

>aren't the Q essentially immortal and indestructible?

>falling for q bullshit.

>No time travel bollocks
>What is widely renowned as the best episode of the original series, "City on the Edge of Forever" is centred around time travel bollocks
>"All Good Things..." TNG's much lauded finale contains time travel bollocks
>"Year of Hell" Probably Voyagers best story, a shining gem in a sea of shit has time travel bollocks

Yeah nah.

I don't think its key to a good story, and I certainly don't want too many, but its not like time travel stories in Trek haven't been good

to be fair we have no idea. We only have Q's word for it, and it's not infallible

Threadly reminder that Garak is the biggest cuck in the franchise.

>gets cucked by his father from seeing his beloved Cardassia
>gets cucked by his own brain when the thing getting him high as balls all the time tries to kill him
>gets cucked by Damar when he killed his qt waifu Ziyal
>gets cuked by the Dominion when they killed decimated his homeworld the second his exile is over
>gets cucked by heterosexuality so he can't get that sweet sweet Bashir ass

Seriously, find me a bigger cuck in Star Trek.

okay yes, a little bit of time travel, but it should be used very sparingly

I'm in concert with this fellow.
Too much of a good thing, of course, is something Braga never learned about but he also wrote some of the best Trek stories that were centered around time travel like Cause and Effect or All Good Things.

The bottom line should be to keep the focus on bigger issues than sexuality and identity. Not that it isn't pertinent or within the perview of Trek, but in the current television environment, show creators and producers are made to feel like the most progressive and pertinent issues proffered by the left are the focal point.

They need to expand upon the lore while feeling out new ideas and disregarding that whole mental illness line given the new gay character.

>tumblr filename
fuck off bashir fag i know its you

bashir got cucked by Worf with his big klingon dick

Uhh, you named him right before you ended the cuckrade.

I spotted the token black guy poster in these threads.

im going to bed soon. need more show suggestions?
or was that someone else?

if mental illness is cured why does counselor troi have a job?

Fuck you I used google for this one and I'm too lazy to change my filenames.

He gets Ezri in the end and he fucks that retarded girl he cured in the books that aren't canon and nobody cares about.

I'm actually white woman who pretends to be a gay man on the internet.

Watch Dragon Ball Z, but that episode where Goku tries to learn how to drive a car. If you're looking for a Trek episode watch Tuvix or the one where they make Quark a woman.

You can go to therapy without having a mental illness.

Friendly reminder that Picard got cucked by Q when he stole his archaeologist waifu away for a trip around the universe and Picard didn't complain once.

so how *do* you take a screen shot, user?

>he fucks that retarded girl he cured in the books that aren't canon and nobody cares about.

Yeah, no, that doesn't count, and Ezri is sloppy twelves by that point.

>Watch Dragon Ball Z, but that episode where Goku tries to learn how to drive a car. If you're looking for a Trek episode watch Tuvix or the one where they make Quark a woman.

What the devil, I meant the other way around. Thought that was you last night.

but shes picards personal helper and hes got a brain defect.

dude, that file is old as hell, not my OC
My OC is just select screenshots of Voyager captions; the show is very memey.

>MLP
>DS9 who is the irish one
>How to take a screenshot

10/10

Oh yeah. That was me. You, I like you. Give me some Voyager shit that restores my faith in humanity. Otherwise I'm watching DBZ.

And they're Australian.

Someone to Watch Over Me

"Unity" Season 3x17.

Chakotay episode, but not all Chakotay episodes are "my peeble".

Starts out grim..

>it's a morn episode
I... who? what!?

Thanks guys! Also what is the awful VOY episode with that orange lizard thing everybody posts everywhere?

Threshold, Season 2 Episode 15.

That was a gag episode. Really fun sort of break the fourth wall type of story.

Everyone pretends to hate it but it's really a great comedy that doesn't take itself seriously.

10/10 - would stare at the sun again

morn is literally /ourguy/

I'm going to get drunk and watch that one. Then I will watch a good episode to cleanse my pallet.

The only episode that matters.