Atheism Delemma

Seriously - my whole life is a speck.

If reality travels beyond the known observable universe, my existence wouldn't even reach the beginning of cosmological history.

What's the point?

There is no point.

The point is that is there no point.

The only point to make is what you make of it.

Do good and God will reward you.

The ultimate result of atheism is nihilism. There's only one way out from here, user. See you in the morning. Remember, dress well.

first of all, it's "dilemma"

second of all, reality is not well defined

third of all, "reality travels" is a meaningless phrase

fourth of all, you will need to make your own decisions about meaning

now stop being lazy

Stop being a faggot and have fun with your life.

Kek has given you a purpose.

It is to wage holy war on the Jews.

That's absurdism. seriously. wrong board. go to /lit/

>Sup Forums

>This board is for the discussion of news, world events, political issues, and other related topics.

>Off-topic and Sup Forums-tier threads will be deleted (and possibly earn you a ban, if you persist).

boo hoo i'm sorry you don't have any goals or aspirations to work towards

>first of all autocorrect
>second sorry for mobile
>third -- anyone proficient in computers would know this already
>fourth you're retarded

You were given funny electrochemical stimuli just as insignificant as yourself which allow you to derive some meaning out of practically nothing.

Read some Catholic apologism user or at least St Thomas Aquinas. Most of what you probably think about the arguments for religion are just prot tier stupidity.

Just go ahead and kill yourself m8. Nihilism is a cancer that'll slowly kill you over time. Might as well go ahead and get it over with quick now.

There is no point, that is the ultimate redpill.
This.
Don't think on it too hard. Most animals have the luxury of being too stupid to contemplate their own existence. When you really start thinking about consciousness, what it means to be alive, and have a grasp on your place in this universe, the only place you can end up is crippling depression at the pointlessness. So don't let it go that far - find something to believe in and fight for and devote yourself to it.

thanks. always the 'ace up the sleeve' option

If you are atheist your whole existence is totally worthless. You just survived day by day waiting for the Great Nothing. All your deeds, all your hopes, all your joy or your sadness will be wiped off. Yeah, you struggled for an education, for a job, for pussy and then you are nothing.
Sure, someone will remember you but will eventually die too and the memory of you with him.
Have a nice life, user.

do you pity them?

>If you are atheist your whole existence is totally worthless. You just survived day by day waiting for the Great Nothing. All your deeds, all your hopes, all your joy or your sadness will be wiped off. Yeah, you struggled for an education, for a job, for pussy and then you are nothing.
Goes to show you we are just animals. Every animal does this, humans just developed this huge complex brain for problem solving skills, unfortunately it also allows us to ruminate on our existence like no other animal can.

>Sure, someone will remember you but will eventually die too and the memory of you with him.
This always troubled me. Think about all those people who loved, were loved, accomplished great deeds, yet are forgotten. Literally the only way your existence continues after death is through memory and written record from others.

Being atheist doesn't mean your whole existence is worthless.

>american life
>this shit is an ever increasing mousetrap
>i just want escape
>maybe the present is a lesson in paradox

I'm scared of the future Sup Forums.

I'm scared is what I'm trying to say.

>>Look up green pill and all that goes with that and it will probably change a lot for you.

Yeah, that's what you desperately repeat to yourself to avoid depression.

>This always troubled me. Think about all those people who loved, were loved, accomplished great deeds, yet are forgotten. Literally the only way your existence continues after death is through memory and written record from others.
Is it better to love and be loved for a single year, or to be remembered for ten thousand years?

Observe some more stuff hope shit gets more interesting

Some atheists like to say that doing good is all that matters...
Idk how tf they came to that conclusion though when everything you do will be completely forgotten and negated come 100 years.
If you don't believe in any higher standard than what man makes than you should just do whatever you can to make your life better and be as selfish as possible...
If you want a higher purpose than that seek religion

Definitely remembered... if you did something worth being remembered for even 300 years you're probably pretty awesome and the pussy will be lining up.

Some people believe that moral good and moral truth can be found by understanding certain concepts, like a mutual capacity for suffering and the veil of ignorance. This is a logical hedge against pure hedonism.

Then that's your own answer. Go and do something extraordinarily memorable.

>If you are atheist your whole existence is totally worthless
No, it just means you have to find another goal, like self improvement, helping others or whatever.

>Sure, someone will remember you but will eventually die too and the memory of you with him.
How does religion solve this?

falling for the atheist jew