>tfw would rather go home than go with him

ideals like piss

>tfw it's a tuesday

>Film about the Irak invasion 9 years before the historical fact
How they did it?

FAMILY MAN

youtube.com/watch?v=0rAHrHd2lcw

RIP Raul Julia

That guy owned every scene he was in, in every movie he was ever in, ever, forever.

The movie was good and I still like it to this day.

They got bretty gud actors to portray the SF characters.

And this is one of the greatest homages in any film ever, forever:

youtube.com/watch?v=xndFE1esEOc

So, who wants to go home...

AND WHO WANTS TO GO WITH ME?!

THERE'S $5 HANDJOBS AT THE MASSAGE PARLOR ROUND THE CORNER!

This.
>would you rather go home or go with me, a retard, on this suicide mission

I don't get why this movie gets so much shit honestly.
It's a pretty good cartoony action movie and that's all it was ever trying to be.
Reviewers seem to be under the impression that it was meant to be a serious drama

Every time I get reminded this movie exists, I go back and read that whole Polygon article again, such an amazing story.

"In one stroke of direction, de Souza unwittingly normalized the mispronunciation of the game's hero for millions of Western Street Fighter fans: "We'll just call you Rye-you."

Protip: we were all calling him ryeyou before the movie

I unironically love this movie.

QUICK!

Change the channel!

I'M GUNNA GET ON MAI BOAT.... N GO UP REEEVAIR.... AND I'M GUNNA KICK....DAT SONOVA BISH...BISONS ASS SO HART

>reading comprehension

It wasn't unwitting normalization, it was adoption of existing general pronunciation.

Language isn't determined from the top down, it springs forth by usage. In the Western world, ryeyou was already the standard, and that was what was reflected in the film. Don't you dare try to lecture me about linguistic analysis, I'll have your hides.

>it was adoption of existing general pronunciation

No,it wasn't.

>"Byron Mann says that from his perspective as an actor on set, production felt relaxed, even a little lighthearted.

>He recalls the second night of filming on the hot harbor in Bangkok: Damian Chapa, who played Ken, needed to say the name of Mann's character, Ryu. But no one — Chapa, Mann or even director Stephen de Souza — knew for sure how to pronounce it.

>Mann, who'd done some research, believed the Japanese pronunciation to be "ree-ewe," like "free" — with a silent f — and Ew. Chapa took three passes at saying the name. For whatever reason, even with phonetic help, Chapa couldn't say "Ryu" correctly.

>De Souza called cut and pointed at Mann. In one stroke of direction, de Souza unwittingly normalized the mispronunciation of the game's hero for millions of Western Street Fighter fans: "We'll just call you Rye-you."

Are we talking about the Western world or hot harbors in Bangkok, idiot?

You have literally no idea what you're talking about. You just spent twenty minutes frantically googling and couldn't even produce something non-retarded.

In THE WEST, during the heyday of STREET FIGHTER II, WESTERNERS CALLED HIM RYEYOU. You dumb fucking millenial.

>tfw they didn't change the channel

You've got some anger managment issues there fella.

Lucky for you, I'm used to dealing with infantile kids in my line of work, so let me rephrase in plain words what I obviously implied in my previous post.

I'm aware of the "Ryu" misspronounciation being a common thing before the movie, I was one of the people perpetuating it. Hell, today, you'd be hard pressed to find a person with even the vaguest awerness of Street Fighter not knowing the story.

Whether it's "Western world or hot harbors in Bangkok" makes no difference, the article clearly says the cast didn't know, De Souza had the right idea ( Ree-Ew ), but Chappa couldn't pronounce it, hence they went with Rye-you, unknowingly giving the mispronounciation legitimicy in arguments.