What exactly is the point in humans ever fighting in war when robots can do it just as good?

What exactly is the point in humans ever fighting in war when robots can do it just as good?
Why did they stop using them after Episode 1?

They use droids all the way up through episode 3. Not using droids after that is because people were prejudiced against them, as evidenced by the "we don't serve their kind here" line in episode 4. Besides, in the OT droids were simple and not suited for fighting, making military droids was one of Lucas' many PT fuck ups.

People hated them for dividing the galaxy and destroying the republic

Bet you this robot is evil the whole time

it's a fucking empire droid what do you expect

>looking to make sense of the Star Wars universe
I don't recommend it

Because 501st>Clankers

droids can be deactivated or reprogrammed

Not white enough

Nah. It will be like Alan Rickman-bot in Rebels. Good but snarky to reflect he was once part of the EVIL EMPIRE.

>Besides, in the OT droids were simple and not suited for fighting, making military droids was one of Lucas' many PT fuck ups.

He'll be a mix of that and HK-47 because they have to steal everything from legends.

They used that line in the clone wars show.

This is the only correct answer.

so can humans, with bullets and propaganda

rekt

>What exactly is the point in humans ever fighting in war when robots can do it just as good?

Because they can't. Droids fucking suck, and the clone army blew them out.

I figured they used droids in PT because they were cheap to mass produce, even if they were individually weak. They could just get a critical mass to overwhelm any human army.
The advent of cloning, then later conscription from the empire made them redundant.

What are the fuck are you talking about? We never see IG-88 actually do anything in the original trilogy. Disregarding non-cannon EU fanwank, IG-88 literally just stands there

>android sidekick who can't stop counting the possibilities of shit that can't be predicted with math
I fucking hate this trope so much

What about these fuckers? Unless you're a jedi who's capable of blocking every single shot fired, you're absolutely fucked if you encounter an army of these
Why build millions of useless stick droids that fall apart when you look at them too hard when you can have an army of these fuckers?

exception not the rule.

because colicoids are stingy fucks that didn't always give away their tech and they are expensive as dick.

they were total bozos remember

Someone's watched too much V.

they rebelled

droiderkas are weak against jedi speed you stupid fuck

Just standing there with the other world class bounty hunters hand picked by Vader, yeah.

ahh ok so it basically boils down to "why doesn't the army own millions of tanks, they could invade any country if they wanted to"
the tech is just so fucking expensive

fucking dildo head

The only good robot fighters so far in SW are Droidikas and Super Battle Droids, everything else is a joke.

The only real question is why drones don't exist in SW.

They use it in the ot.

>shit that can't be predicted with math

Everything can be calculated, though

>weak against jedi speed
so jedis just run around really fast and droidekas explode from the speed? I finally understand this scene now. The used force speed and destroyed the droidekas!
>Oh no don't use your speed on me master jedi
>where are you going
>don't run away
>I am weak to speed

Wookiepedia lore holds that IG 88 got rekt by Boba Fett and thrown in the Cloud City trash heap

Drones kind of exist if you count droid starfighters from Episode 1 and 3.

movie posters are so lazy these days. Every time an enlarged face, if not just a face then a fucking robot or a monster, with a face somewhere

>a white IG 88
>prisoner in trash heap
what did they mean by this?

The same reason Palpatine waged war against the major robot armies.

They were relatively incorruptible and immune to fear and the darkside.

They meant they had the prop, painted it white, and threw it on the pile.

They used robots in all the prequels.
It was done to easily keep the rating nice and low.

>Luke, did I ever tell you about IG--88? IG-88 uploaded his consciousness into a computer core destined for Death Star II. He succeeded in being uploaded, and was preparing to activate his program to take over all droids in the galaxy when it was destroyed. With his consciousness in the Death Star II, he would literally become the Death Star. Emperor Palpatine was the only known person on the Death Star to suspect something was wrong after the uploading of the computer core with IG-88 inside. Before the station's destruction, he noticed a series of doors in his throne room opening and closing sporadically. IG-88 did this to show the Emperor that he was not all powerful. However, IG-88 was utterly baffled when it appeared that Emperor Palpatine used some unseen force to attempt to push the doors open. However, IG-88 exerted more force and was able to continue to keep the Emperor locked in, until he grew tired of the game and unlocked the door. He was a good friend.

>Not including 4-LOM in the conversation

Literally the best droid in all of Star Wars, if you've read the bounty hunter EU book

Yeah I guess, and the missile full of little zappy droids in the beginning of Ep 2, and beyond that you have the personal guards of Grevious which seemed competent.

Shit class.

Engineers were the GOAT.

This. Also clones aren't real people so we have two massive armies where casualties mean Jack shit to the audience.

>Han, did I ever tell you about that time when I met Yoda, the master of the Jedi order? We fought together on the Wookie home planet during the last days of the Clone Wars, and when Order 66 was executed and the clones started attacking their Jedi commanders, I helped Yoda escape. He was a good friend. So it looks like the Force isn't just a superstition after all! But of course you can't understand a word of what I'm saying, so I'm just wasting my breath.

Every time you think EU can't possibly get any more autistic.
Star wars was a mistake.

the point is that most people are not jedi

reading this makes me want to die

>Jedi speed

>world class

this sounds like some robot chicken skit

I can't believe EUfags defend shit like this