What does the actual jazz scene think about Kamasi Washington

What does the actual jazz scene think about Kamasi Washington

he could be better

The most hardcore jazz heads I know think that he's an overrated Pharoah Sanders wanna-be that's undeservedly lauded as the savior of jazz by people that know nothing about the genre

>What does the actual jazz scene think about Kamasi Washington
let me set my time machine to 1940 and i'll find out

He's for the kids.

Is it weird that I only clicked on this thread because I play tenor sax. I just went on Sup Forums for the first time ten minutes ago and I know fuck all about jazz

the actual jazz scene doesn't use the internet

there's a jazz scene? i thought it was geezers and kids up at 3 am scavenging the internet by themselves

sounds like a scene to me m8

What do they care, they barely make a dime

valid

You are not supposed to say that.

The Epic was a masterpiece, stay salty while you listen to your muh obscure jazz, its obscure because it sucks dick and doesn't deserve to be liked by anyone other than someone who listens to jazz to impress girls in his music appreciation class appreciate DEEZ NUTZZ bitch

Are you 8?

I was born in the wrong generation bitch boi, but at least I like jazz in my ears instead of jizz in my mouth, PS you can't appreciate jazz if you A. don't play an instrument B. are gay

u smooth nigga

>that shitty nuafrikan clothing
>i-i am too african!!!!

in relation to your comment, my mom always said its the thought that counts, but in YOUR moms case, its the THOT that counts

Based

from what I've heard of him his improv is pretty repetitive

honestly, when im out at a jazz club, he's just not talked about. most people in the jazz world dont really give a shit about him.