I've just watched this. What are my thoughts?

I've just watched this. What are my thoughts?

If he didn't knock up his love interest, it was shit.

Otherwise, pure kino.

Boring plot and good visuals would watch again.

>Boring plot
Nope.

Yes it's the most gotta save the world shit since Iron Man, should have focused more on Strange's life pre-accident.

Annoying the main antagonist is actually pretty kino.

>should have focused more on Strange's life pre-accident.
The fuck... Fuck Strange's early life. Nobody cares to that shit homie.

pretty good minus the quips. the quips really annoyed the shit out of me in this movie since it didn't fit the movie at all

I just want more Rachel Mcadams bruh.

>Rachel Mcugly

to be honest i was hoping to see more wise Sorceror Supreme Strange than witty upstart skeptic Strange

they should have had him just abandon all skepticism after he begs Ancient One to teach him and just throw himself into his studies until he becomes the best student but i guess they want to avoid the whole White Man Does Asian Things Better Than Asians thing

i wanted him to become a fucking master not dick around with an infinity gem and make a couple laser whips

>Mckillyourself faggot

Take that back you fucking nigger
;-;

I loved a lot of hit, hated none of it, so it's A-OK in my book. I only wish it was longer, I think it's suposed to cover the span of a year but it didn't quite feel like it.

Favorite scenes anyone? I loved when Strange and Mordo were screaming at each other over killing the zealots. Nobody felt like a hero in that scene and it felt great.

pacing sort of went to shit with his training then straight growing a seedy goatee and into a big fight with kalysissus or whatever

other than that good entertaining stuff

Spoilery ones: Doc gets into the Dark Dimension, makes a quick save file and "Dormammu, I have come to bargain" x100 and the whole fighting and going forward while everything else around them was going backwards in time. That was awesome and it fucked with my head a bit.
That and I particularly liked the astral fight, it was pretty creative. Also, everyone was looking something trippy in this movie, and I found it in the "open your third eye" scene.

You are thinking you wasted your money.
Next you want to waste capeshit you will pirate it.

Movie is better on a rewatch. You can notice more of the foreshadowing.

Its the only passable capeshit flick I've seen since the cinema that is Hulk by Ang Lee and Unbreakable

Care to give any examples?

Honestly I'm an idiot so you probably already noticed this. The big thing is when Mads calls the Ancient One a hypocrite in their opening fight while she's wearing her hood. Then they fight again right before she dies and its revealed the hood hides the mark on her forehead from borrowing power from Dormammu. Also, the idea of the cape choosing Strange is foreshadowed when Mordo trains him on the use of magical relics and how they choose their owners.

First one I never noticed
Second one you'd have to be retarded not to see coming

Like I said, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. If you remember the movie, what do you think the broken watch represents that he brings with him to Nepal? Just another metaphor for his hands?

Even after being sorcerer supreme there are things he can not fix but he must learn to live with them and learn from them

That sounds pretty solid but I think it's a little too on the nose to wear a broken watch on his wrist. What purpose does it realistically serve especially considering he's wearing long sleeve gloves over them when he's talking toThor?

Not him, but I took it pretty literal: on one hand, this is the time he fractured using the Eye of Agamotto. On the other hand, Christine gifted him that watch and he brought it to Nepal hoping to get fixed and come back to his old life. Then the watch breaks, shit happens, he becomes a Sorcerer, he's now in charge of NY's Sanctum Sanctorum and he's left behind his life he's left behind Christine and all the time he spent with her. He can't come back to that life, something something he can't spent time with her again but even then he still keeps the gift with him, he remembers that life and holds it dear. I don't know.

Maybe he keeps it because its the last gift he's got from Christine
Or maybe its because you can't fix everything
It could be a multitude of things, none of which requires more than a minute of thought

I thought it was nice and natural, if anything the "on the nose" part for me was that it was a watch, considering he himself brokw time and bla bla

yes are you literally a child?

No but i will still call you grandpa

A movie for children. How do you people actually like this? It is so laughably bad.

Be sure to take your pills before bed Grandpa you are getting grumpy! Just a lil bit more and you will die!

I'm 23. This movie is really shitty. It's exactly like every other Marvel Studios movie. Total assembly line job. Awful jokes that you can predict. SFX that are just "passable" because there is no need to do anything impressive now that their brand is so popular.

Iron Man 1/2 and Incredible Hulk are comparably really cool movies. Iron man especially. Pre Disney of course. Why do you all defend this childish shit? It's so bad. It is legitimately something you take a child to see.

Lel you're right, I didn't even think of that. Funny how a watch can have so many ties to the plot; the "broken hands" on its face and the concept of bending time. Also I like the idea that it's a symbol of his old life that he keeps as a precious memento.

mads was wasted on this
none of the jokes were funny
magicians fighting with weapons instead of magic is lame

the movie was this:

You have to keep things grounded in order for people to be invested. If they just shoot magic lasers at each other (like Strange does several times) it's incredibly boring. Tilda Swinton's style with the magic fans was really cool.

Even the music in that scene was backwards
I thought that was a nice touch

>should have focused more on Strange's life pre-accident.
How even? They already put in two establishing surgeries in the beginning which is one more than they needed.

Although it came too early in the series, Ancient One's death and final conversation in astral form with Strange. A really humanizing moment that too many mentor characters don't get in fiction, always needing to be the rock, the font of wisdom. In the end, she feared death just as much as anyone.

It was okay. I didn't like how they had to have a comedy scene right after a serious scene.

You don't want to sell me death sticks

Another formulaic chinese market pleasing piece of shit with embarrasing villains + bought hype + wasted actors

Mouse business as usual