You are now aware that Estrela da Amadora existed

maisfutebol.iol.pt/justica/estrela-amadora/antigo-presidente-do-e-amadora-apanha-seis-anos-de-prisao

Lol

Press lol to lol
Press F to pay respects

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.pt/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=pt-PT&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.dn.pt/lusa/interior/antigo-presidente-do-estrela-da-amadora-condenado-a-seis-anos-e-tres-meses-de-prisao-8612667.html&edit-text=&act=url
translate.google.pt/translate?hl=pt-PT&sl=pt&tl=en&u=https://www.publico.pt/2017/06/07/desporto/noticia/naval-ainda-espera-um-milagre-em-pleno-corredor-da-morte-1774831&sandbox=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How about you give us the gist of it in English, Adalberto? I remember them from the older FIFA games and know they went bust, but not much else.

Try this one. Or just translate it on Google:

translate.google.pt/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=pt-PT&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.dn.pt/lusa/interior/antigo-presidente-do-estrela-da-amadora-condenado-a-seis-anos-e-tres-meses-de-prisao-8612667.html&edit-text=&act=url

So he did what most Iberian club presidents did but actually got caught. Fair enough.

Shame about Estrela really, they had quite aesthetic kits. Portugal has had its fair share of clubs going broke; them, Lieda, I think Naval fell quite far as well.

in Portugal big city clubs always attract shady characters who just want to leech their moneys rather than properly manage them

>he still remembers Naval

Try not to cry reading this:

translate.google.pt/translate?hl=pt-PT&sl=pt&tl=en&u=https://www.publico.pt/2017/06/07/desporto/noticia/naval-ainda-espera-um-milagre-em-pleno-corredor-da-morte-1774831&sandbox=1

Ah, Amadora ...

They were my go-to Football Manager team, I still follow their Facebook and Twitter feeds but it's mostly about by-gone days and rowing

>tfw that shithole put a team in our Premier League, but cities like Vila Real, Bragança, Viana do Castelo and Beja never did

Well that shithole is bigger than any of those cities

Beja is a terribly isolated city in the middle of nowhere Alentejo. And it's not that big either, for a district capital.
It doesn't have the conditions for professional footy, not in a longshot, unless they have a rich local patron financing them, like Campomaiorense had.

I don't know about those other cities in the north, as I'm a southerner.

Are you from Alentejo!? Was Henrique Raposo telling the truth?

I had to look up who that guy is and what he said about Alentejo. I'm not from Alentejo but I have family there.

It seems like Henrique is pulling stats out of his ass, but he's totally right about the casual mentality alentejanos have towards death and bad luck. Those people, and I'm including relatives, enjoy talking about other people's problems just as much as we like talking about sports here. It's a casual thing. I don't know if it's because of the isolation mixed with the lack of school education but those people pick weird conversation themes.

I visit old aunts in Alentejo and they ALWAYS talk about that neighbor whose kid died in an accident or the man who got a disease that is quickly going to kill him.
Life is short, talk about cheerful stuff ffs. Is this even normal in other regions?

I'm from the North and I usually regard southeners and Benfica-Sporting supporters as Moors, but I admit Alentejo has the best food, music, and landscapes of our country

The other things he says are bullshit though.
There is a sense of community in Alentejo and people care for their children. Just because they were forced to start working at a very young age didn't mean parents didn't tend to their children.
Rape and suicide is something I very rarely hear about. The only weird thing is hearing people talking about their neighbour's problems as something natural and a theme for casual talk.

>I admit Alentejo has the best food, music, and landscapes of our country
Landscapes are pretty comfy. Music and food don't seem to stand out from the rest of the country imo.

>he doesn't rate Canto Alentejano and Ensopado de Borrego À Alentejana
>he thinks Rancho Folclórico and Cozido à Portuguesa are equal

Pleb

>food

debateable. most random restaurants are kind of bad actually. i mean, there's good ones too but on the whole... eh

>music

lol. alentejo is dying culturally, there's simply not enough grassroots support for traditional art anymore

>landscape

i mean i guess it's pretty to look at but then you realize that it's the same everywhere and ultimately kind of boring

t. Alentejano

>alentejo is dying culturally
Once agriculture stopped being one of the main driving forces of the country's economy, Alentejo died in everything. I thank my grandparents for leaving that desert.

Is there really any hope for this region?

they've been brainwashed by the communist narrative, there's nothing left to save at this point
unless enough zé forasteiros settle there and make Alentejo great again

Alentejo also has the highest suicide rates

>There is a sense of community in Alentejo
ofc, latifundium created communists.

Évora is getting better because of the commerce with Spain and the tourism. But the only hope is Sines rising up

>I admit Alentejo has the best food, music, and landscapes of our country

What are you on about?

>Best food
Porto - Francesinhas and Vinho do Porto

>Best landscape
Douro
Azores

>Best Music
Cancioneiro Minhoto
cantos Transmontanos
Fado de Coimbra

Only northern redditors believe this.
You're right about the wine, though.

don't quote me for stuff I didn't say, deluded northcuck

I meant the totality of North, not just Porto. Alentejo has better food than the whole of the North. And Douro and Azores gets boring easily. Alentejo has that cool Western feeling, even if it is full of commies. And Canto Alentejano is much better than everything you mentioned. By far. By really far

Don't be that prejudiced. I am a Northener too, but I can admit when other regions are better than we

I managed this team in CM99, Good times.

Weren't they liquidated sometime near 2009?

also fun fact: Jose Mouyesrinho was an assistant manager here

Fernando Santos got straight from Estrela da Amadora to win a penta with FC Porto

Ronaldinho Gaúcho played there for a few weeks, as well.
They decided not to keep him because they didn't want to pay the trasportation from Lisbon, where his brother played, to Amadora. It's a 20 minute trip, btw.

Holy shit, it's true

It's true than Douro has better wine than Alentejo but Vinho do Porto doesn't qualify for that. If you want to compare it you have to compare it with Moscatel.

Also he has a point on the landscapes, and I'd also add Trás-os-Montes

>tfw José Maria Salvado ruined your chances of being a pro footballer

What happened, user?

This

Bump

>"im 15 years old"

Hey, I remember watching Amadora and Naval playing

>Amadora was Varela's club

Kek

F

Based poo in the loo

Rip thread