Unpopular facts/opinions

Unpopular facts/opinions

>tfw 25 and still listen to metalcore

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x9I6oigwsgY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I only still kind of like converge but ita because I was listening to them as a teen and they're a bit nostalgic. Most coreshit is not good at all and I wpuld like to hear why you do this

Good wank exists and it's the best thing in rock music. Dream Theater is not the good kind of wank obviously.

name 1 metalcore breakdown that isn't shit and works in the context of the song
you literally cannot

Don't understand how metalcore could remain so unoriginal for over 12 years.

"Normal" metal has been completely uninteresting for the last 15 years too. It's like every band makes one decent album (usually the debut) and just remakes the same shit for the rest of their careers.

Glad I grew out of all of that shit.

Converge isn't really metal core tho. Metalcore sucks in general because its really formulaic.

I do too, but mostly because of nostalgia and because the people I hang around listening to core. Can be cool, but most bands are so bland.
What are your favourite bands, user?

I remember back then in 2013 when tumblr girls were extreme fangirls of bands like Pierce the Veil and BMTH and wanted to include them in their autistic memes and shits
Basically everything they listen was "emo"

I got dragged along to a metalcore show in high school once. While I was there I decided I might as well try and enjoy so I tried to mosh a little but then some dude jumped on my back and started choking me. People kept get like seriously attacked and singled out by the crowd for trying to mosh so I wasn't the only one.

I don't get it though, why is it okay to hardcore dance and flail your arms around and hit everybody in your vicinity in the fucking face but not okay to mosh. This experience confirmed any negative thoughts I had about people who listen to this kind of music, they all seemed really tense and insecure. Really shitty energy coming from the crowd.

No wave/industrial Swans was the worst of their discography
Jarboe made Swans better

>22
>Love "The Wave" of Post-Hardcore

>La Dispute
>Defeater
>Pianos Become The Teeth
>Touche Amore
>Title Fight

So where do you stand on the no wave albums that had jarboe on them
btw you're wrong, worst swans period is now

My favorite Kanye album is The Life Of Pablo

There's an old saying that applies to this here discussion:
>Metal is like an apple, all of it is good, except >the core.

Is this band metalcore?
youtube.com/watch?v=x9I6oigwsgY

I fucking hope not. I love Defeater

k e k

Most extreme metal sounds the same

It isn't always like that, but you have a lot of douchebags at many shows. Don't know why though. Normally you can mosh and enjoy the show how you want. I'm sorry you had such a negative experience.
Melodic Hardcore

I would say its hardcore/punk rather than metalcore

Is Black Dahlia Murder metalcore? Because I fucking love that band.

August Burns Red is the only metalcore band I liked as a teen and looking back I still think they are listenable, unlike a lot of stuff I used to listen to.

First album maybe, but they are playing Melodic Death Metal for the most part.

Sweet.

Converge is metalcore, it's just that when you say metalcore, people usually think of the shit in OP's image because that's how much traction shitty pop-hook-based melodic metalcore got with normies.

judast priest is way better than iron maiden

Leme guess, your a virgin

I don't know about OP, but you're definitely underage.

Many bands in OP's image don't have "shitty pop-hooks". Hell, many bands aren't even metalcore. How much core have you heard? You sound so uninformed.

is this really where fucking patrician Sup Forums posting has gotten us/ its the same fucking thing and yet you somehow have the gall to decide which is more quality to you/ it is the ame fuckisng thing just fucking say this the fucking same thing say the same tresponse to it ans you wauld to the othe thing because they are the same and you are fucking fagot

Are you my brother? No offense but I think that's extremely cringeworthy and I rarely use that word