Just seen Arrival and god damn is it the best sci-fi movie since forever

Just seen Arrival and god damn is it the best sci-fi movie since forever.
You're literally an actual faggot if you don't think it was at the very least great.

Jeremy Renner was ok.

I wish the bomb scene bullshit wasn't in there. Literally no point to that, and they glossed right over it afterwards like it was no big deal. So dumb. Dumb like Forest Whitaker's accent.

Loved everything else, especially the cinematography.

Jeremy Renner is the only good thing in this movie.

Everything else is communist trash

I agree completely.
It was the only scene that felt incredibly cheesy.

>the most useless and forgettable thing in the movie is the best thing about it

You are cancer seek help

Great movie, just saw it as well.

>le commies
Everyone, please don't bite the bait. It'll derail the thread. This has been a PSA.

This.

>Everything else is communist trash
can you elaborate on that?

thought it was good.

Movie of the year so far

It was great, but it was also the least good movie Villeneuve has made so far. It's fucked up.

post pics of the aliens

If you can read for more than 45minutes in a row download the short story its based on.
It goes a bit more into physics and linguistics. It gives a better understanding of who the aliens are. I would say the main difference is ''hollywood''. I mean there was no political crisis . No fucking bomb, I mean the heptopods were taking through a screen. And finally, the biggest change, is no purpose and no 3000year future messiah stuff.
I mean the bottom line was just realizing that we can understand time differently than cause and effect. Even If you can see the future you dont want to change it you wat to live it. Anyway Im no writer but the story is very humbling.

As an Asian I boycott this movie because it's racist to my people.

Is he grabbing her by the boob?

I cannot fucking wait for this movie to be used as a pleb check like boyhood is.

You fucking retards thought that shit was good and u think this has depth. Soon you will be relegated to your idiot playplen while everyone else watches it and this unanimously becomes considered mediocre at best and villavolvo's worst.

It was great up until the movie took a sudden cringe turn at the end with the romance.

amy adams in everything this year yo

but for realsies i fell asleep at this

One of the most boring sci fi movies I have ever seen.

And that leaving apart the immense hurf durf was about, but inst even worth the discussion since the lacking of feelings or interest it left to me.

I don't think anyone here is calling this movie deep.

I agree, OP. Excellent sci-fi.

>no 3000year future messiah stuff.
What the heck was up with that in the film? They talk about how shit is going down in 3000 years and then drop it and never pick it up again.

>good
>sci-fi
Pick one

I cried at at realisation that she would have a daughter that dies and a husband that leaves her when he learns that the rest of their lives is only to save the past.

I thought it was pretty shitty tbqh. Why was it good again?

Liberals praise this movie. That's all you need to know.

How bad is the movie corrupted by leftists? Scale of 1 to 10.

Not at all. It even uses the "all non-English speaking countries are idiotic warmongering assholes" trope.

Cute. Would date and marry.

>every movie has to be 3deep5u
also noone even said it was deep to begin with

>Jeremy Renner is the only good thing in this movie.

OP is retard process.

>"Wanna make a baby?"

Nice argument

It was good, but the whole, I can see the future and solve the problem was a little bit shit (whatever, I know it's due to the language, but it's still a shit plot device), I thought there would have been something a little more creative and interesting.

looks like a mannequin
freaskish

Yeah that that bomb bullshit was awkward and hard to believe.

whole cast is retarded, it's like my most unloved actors together in one film. gross

Every single scene in the movie has a purpose, just like the bomb scene.

It shows that every country has it's "bad side" (Russia killing their own men, war ready China, terrorist fear USA) and it shows how dangerous conspiracy theorist are to the general public where it takes just one sub intelligent human with access to government projects to fuck everything up.

And it further expands the narrative explaining you the non linear time perspective of the heptapods with the "Abbot is death process" which shows that heptapods do not have tenses... there is no "Abbott died" because there is no past for them.
All that in one line without spoonfeeding you with exposition.

Greatest execution of first contact scene in the history of cinema.

but muh china is bad

Can we please talk about the biggest plothole?
How come the aliens didn't take Louise as their mommy?