Other urls found in this thread:

chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1313969
lichess.org/aU8Ck8Gq
chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1070866
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he plays with the black set instead of the white set

how racist

>mfw the his pawns ran riot, loot and rape the white queen
>mfw white pawns collectively refusing to move, because "black pawns life matter"

Considering that it's not his turn the picture isn't really supporting your point.

Is it me or do the sets they use in organized FIDE matches look a lot nicer and not as plasticky as the ones you usually can buy at Wal-Mart.

hmm...

chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1313969

>trying the Scholar's Mate against Kasparov

So e4 or d4 openings? I generally like the former myself.

e4 is for heroes. d4 is for cowards.

if anybody wants to play a game, i am available to school you for the next few hours.

We had just one world champion and he was a little Alex Jones tier.

The sign of a complete nitwit.

>trying to launch an attack with your queen in the first couple moves of a game

no, they can't

>Boris Becker
fucking hell.

Nakamura once tried this opening and lost, but he dragged it out for 70 moves.

But can women play chess? Kasparov completely smashed Judit Polgar, his total record against her was eight wins, three ties, and no losses.

No. Women's psyche and brain development are not as superior that of man's.

That is why there is a division between men's chess and women's chess.

chess is boring shit for nerds

I can play chess, but I need quick visualization to play strategically

t. Black

The Polgar sisters had a father who whipped them into playing chess from childhood, even then two of them were mediocre at best and quit at an early age.

As for Judit, the best of the three, she had a negative record against every important male grandmaster in the 90s. Anand, Karpov, Kasparov, Kramnik, all of them completely owned her. She barely came out ahead of a 60+ year old Korchnoi (her record there was 5 wins, 4 losses, and 7 draws). She beat up Nigel Short pretty good, but he was a second-string GM compared to Karpov et al.

sudan banned Sup Forums?

our only world champion was so long ago, he was born a few years before the reign of Kaiser Wilhelm.. the First...

Sexist.

>the only thing your people are really good at
>its boring shit for nerds

I'll take back what I said if you beat me in chess.

If not, then you can fuck off.

lichess.org/aU8Ck8Gq

Randomly chosen sides and 8 minutes with 2 second increments.

I'd assume so

>tfw create a strategy then panic and collapse

I wouldn't fuck with this guy, I think its Carlsen on vacation in the US

Was the guy playing a professional match first time?

Magnus Carlsen has also beaten up Hou Yifan every time they've played.

Boris Becker was once the best Tennis player in the world, now he's a bankrupt cucked joke in the tabloids here in Germany.

How many moves and their derivatives into the future do you need to calculate to become competitive

The female brain isn't as good at visualizing things in 3D space which is important to playing chess. Women also have less physical stamina for lengthy matches, Hou Yifan has admitted this.

Germany had two world champions, Steinitz and Lasker, although Nazifags might bring up how they were Jews and thus not really "German".

Apparently some other guy tried that against Kasparov with similar results. Only absolute (and I mean absolute) beginners would fall for 2. Qh5

I excluded Steinitz, to not summon angry Austrians and Czechs in this thread.

how are Jews german you retard

Besides, he lived in England and NYC in his later career.

>Magnus Carlsen
more like Anus Loser
amirite?

:^) (^:

like clockwork, my friend. Like clockwork.

>being an ethnic nationalist
cancer desu senpai

Ok so for world champions we've had two German Jews, a Cuban, a Russian emigre, two Russian Jews, an Armenian, three Russians, a half-Jewish American Stormfag, a half Jew/half Armenian, a pooinloo, and a Norwegian.

Jews and Russians are clearly the most intelligent strategists, rest are effectively cattle

Those early world championships were bull anyway since the champion got to choose who he played. This was why Lasker held onto the title for 27 years, he always picked opponents like Tarrasch and Janowski that he knew he could beat up. He avoided Capablanca as long as he could.

Apparently he was a better tennis player than a chess player.

Nakamura is like the Millenial Bent Larsen...a guy that jerks off to weird, edgy openings and will probably never be up there with the best.

One thing you notice nowadays is that GMs seem to have abandoned those super-complicated system openings like the Sicilian Nadjorf and play more classical openings. Also d4 openings seem to be less popular now, the 2016 world championship had almost all e4 openings.

more like common sense

You sir are very knowledgeable and passionate about chess

You don't need the recognition of us lesser checkers players

The popularity of d4 and e4 openings comes and goes in cycles. For example, everyone opened with d4 in the 1920s-30s, in the 50s-60s e4 was popular, d4 again in the 70s-80s, etc.

Of the different world champions, some like Capablanca, Botvinnik, and Petrosian almost always used d4 openings while others like Fischer, Spassky, and Kasparov used mainly e4.

Korchnoi at the end of his life liked to boast how he played Grigory Levenfish who was born in 1889 and he played Fabiano Caruana who was born in 1992, a hundred and three years later.

He had a long career. What can I say?

I think he expected Kasparov to play 2...g6. When that didn't happen, he was like uh oh and hastily retreated the queen to f3.

chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1070866

Polgar vs Kasparov, 1996. The rook vs rook and knight ending is an elementary draw. All she needed to do was 79. Rf1 to seal the draw, instead she moved the rook to a2 which cost her the game.

Karpov and Kasparov came to the top in the 70s-80s, this was at a time when the chess world was pretty thin on talent compared to the large number of quality players in the 50s-60s.

Korchnoi was a genetic freak, he peaked in his 40s when many GMs are running out of gas. He was rated 2600 past the age of 70.

literal, unironic neds

at least it was chess and not anime

E4 for open games, D4 for closed. If you're not a faggot, play E4.

Aren't neds the Scottish version of chavs?

Generally this is true but of course some e4 lines (particularly in the French and Ruy Lopez) lead to closed games while some d4 lines (eg. Albin Countergambit and Dutch Defense) lead to open games.

d4 openings have a higher chance of leading to an endgame and less chance for miniatures (games 25 or fewer moves).

fucking nerds nolife virgins

i coul slay all of you ITT with 1 hand irl if we ever met

There's more possible Black replies to 1. e4 also Black has a better chance of taking the initiative with stuff like the Sicilian Defense while most d4 openings leave him in a passive, defensive position.

>Boris Becker in an Anime Convention

please god, make it happen.

You have no idea what a clown this guy is. He is Germany-wide meme.

Amateurs like to say d4 is boring just because you can't start an immediate attack.