Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1bSPNboKCzM&t=290s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I'm an unempathetic asshole

Geez, no need to make it that obvious.

up yer ass ya edgy dunk

>i'm a frog and i suck cock
Do we really need to know OP?

I never understood that. How weak do you have to be where listenning to music can save your life? I listen to music cathartically sometimes but if i was seriously going through "dark times", it wouldnt be enough to help. My emotions arent as petty and volatile where music can easily affect them. Maybe playing music, but def not listening to it.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying music can save someone’s life but I guess music can change a way a person thinks about something through its lyrics.

>their music saved my life

Music has unironically saved my life or at least extended my stay

Hit a nerve?

I can understand that with poetry or literature, maybe film, where the texts are actually written with some thought and hold great depth and beauty. But i havent seen a single music lyrics of any substance beyond very obvious observations. Even great lyricists like Dylan wouldnt be able to convince me of anything.
Dont get me wrong, I've heard music cathartically, but if im dealing with something serious listening to music wont help in any way.

Then you're not serious about not wanting to live. Le being sad is not the same as being suicidal (which is what im assuming you mean). Listening to Codeine or any sadcore or whatever wont make a suicidal person unsuicidal or help with depression much. Its far more serious than that. Depression is the lack of being able to feel happiness or joy at all. This includes the ability to derive enjoyment from listening to music.

Life itself is obvious. But it takes death to realize what is hidden, deep inside your heart.

My friend literally JUST said that on discord a few minutes ago in response to her favorite kpop idol committing suicide.

Fuck off.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Maybe it’s due to how people take in information. Like with how you get Visual, auditory and kinaesthetic learners, maybe people have stronger ties to things they can hear so music, where as we derive a greater sense of emotion from visual forms of entertainment like film and reading. Might be talking out of my ass here. Idk

But Songwriting can be poetry dumbass

I used to be the same but now my mood can be made or broken by listening to music. See The feelings in the way lyrics are said and instruments are played is something non descriptive.

>Listening to Codeine or any sadcore or whatever wont make a suicidal person unsuicidal or help with depression much. Its far more serious than that. Depression is the lack of being able to feel happiness or joy at all. This includes the ability to derive enjoyment from listening to music.
Wrong. I've listened to songs to help get me out of suicidal ideation. There's certain songs that physically feel like breathing and they help me calm down, and then songs that help me get into a better mindset afterward. Depression doesn't affect everyone's ability to enjoy music. So stop saying bullshit.

It's more the composition then the lyrics. Most of the bett music ever composed is instrumental. I agree lyrics are usually shit but if lyrics are all you're looking for in your music you're missing the point entirely

Nevermind I thought you were responding to

>not serious about not wanting to live

Huh? You dont fucking know me my guy

>I'm a roasties who has attempted suicide 5 times and failed
>Reddit spacing
Geez, no need to make it that obvious

This thread is the exact reason why net neutrality should be initiated.

>Discord
You Reddit fags aren't even trying to hide it anymore are you?

>roasties
>suicide
Fuck off back to /r9k/.

>reddit
>discord
Once again, fuck off back to /r9k/ you worthless gremlin faggot.

>admitting to same gagging
Keep it coming faggot I'm laughing my ass off

>samefagging
>replying to you twice is samefagging
Holy shit kill yourself, faggot. You're too retarded to live.

You're kind of wrong. Lyrics are written to coincide with musical compositions. Poetry is written with text only. The rhythm, and pace of lyrics are composed and apart from the text. In poetry it's exclusive in text. The impact of lyrics are derived from the combination of text, melody, rhythm and dynamics. In poetry, it all comes strictly from the text. As result poets are much, much, much better at using language to express complex ideas and emotions. Lyricists arent poets, you can treat lyrics like poetry but it will pale in comparison since they weren written with that intention.

They think it saves their life, but really its just a distraction, like tv, movies, food, drugs. It didnt do shit besides keep their focus so they wouldnt have to think about their life problems

>>I'm a roasties who has attempted suicide 5 times and failed

Nope.

>>Reddit spacing

People are still insisting in this shitty made-up meme?

This thread is full of reddit and tumblr fags jesus christ

Get a life.

This post was definitely written by a woman, on the off chance that this a male, please kill yourself you emasculated faggot

t. roastie

Literally autistic

>being so mentally incompetent that he has to rely on music to prevent him from committing suicide or pull him out of depression
You're better off dead faggot, just kill yourself.

what about
>discovering God saved my life

You're pretty bad at hiding your insecurities

ITT: if you aren't acting like an autistic teenage edgelord, you're being a roastie emasculated redditor

It's fascinating to be able to browse when mostly NEETs would be on, and it's unsurprising I guess that there's boring unfunny shitposts.

>you're insecure if you insult my beliefs
Keep trying fag

>not having music you associate with certain times in your life
what kind of mu poster are you anyway

But surely not all lyrics have to be slave to a 4/4 melody and can be given room to breathe in a song? Take for example :

youtube.com/watch?v=1bSPNboKCzM&t=290s

Now that sounds like spoken word to me.

if books written 1000s of years ago can cause wars, then music can definitely help through dark times.

*time signature
I'd agree with you with something like rap, or popular music that is often tied to a certain, recognisable rhythm - but I don't its to far to claim poetry has a place in music.

music helping someone through dark times isnt that far fetched. music is abstract (excluding the majority of popular music). discovering or being acquainted with a certain abstract lesson found in music can help people thru dark times. much like discovering God

You may not be reddit but you have to accept that spacing is completely retarded

fucking lmao

the kind of people who say this are always the stupidest

I don't usually say this and I'm not that kind of guy but Slowdive really helped me

But even if the lyrics are tied to the melody or the rhythm, it doesn’t make it any less like poetry. a lot of poems do have rhythm intentionaly. i get what you’re saying and i agree to a certain extent, but i think in music the delivery, the interpretation of the text is as important as the text itself. take for example classical music; the composer is probably long dead, it’s up to the performer to interpret the music, and the performance can either add or substract from the value of the piece

Low EQ is directly correlated to autism, yeah.

>Properly formatting your post is completely retarded

Not everything meaningful is super deep and profound. In fact, it's almost never so. Take a breather.

You are not depressed. You are sad.

>hear great song
>go to youtube comment section to see if it has profoundly effected anyone else

>first comment is "i got my dick sucked to this back in 1986"

>scrolling to the comment section

It's always a fucking mistake.

Music is like a drug to me. It helps distract me from misery, but doesn't actually solve it of course. It's treatment of the symptom, not the cause. But while you're feeling a bit better you can fix the cause instead of staying in a depressive slump forever

Theres still music. Theres still factors outside of the text that affect its interpretation and reception. Not poetry in itself.

As you get older, it should take greater levels of "depth" to trigger meaningful reactions. If you're past college age and you're still crying over Taylor Swift break up songs, you're likely an immatute person.

Fuck you Jonny, I opened up to you!

>Reddit spacing

I've been on this board for 5+ years now and always space my paragraphs.

if you killed yourself today, no one would care or miss you

Poetry is just a surprising use of words
:^) upvoted

Don't be so hard on yourself, dude.

Mouthbreathing retards leave some ironically hilarious comments though