Hot(?) take: the beatles are overrated BUT this is a 10/10 album

hot(?) take: the beatles are overrated BUT this is a 10/10 album

Why are they overrated user?

>the beatles are overrated
nope

>this is a 10/10 album
Yes. They have a few of those.

Exactly, this is clearly the first time he's listened to this album but has an extensive knowledge of the beatles and has already concluded that they are overrated.

In what world do you live that the Beatles aren't overrated?

give one reason they don’t deserve their praise, the hot take never had any support in the first place

Honestly they made nice sounding pop music but they lacked depth and complexity. Much better bands around in that period

Your dad's overrated

>lacked depth and complexity

Hi pleb

I've listened to a lot of their discography and isn't really much to discover after the first listen. That's not to say they aren't enjoyable to listen to but they made very accesible music which is why they got/get a lot of praise

The Beatles deserve every accolade they get. Nobody has honestly even came close. I'm glad I never got into a band, how could you operate knowing you will never be able to accomplish half of what The Beatles did between 63-70. U2 are a massive massive band, but they're fucking hacks compared to the fab four.

This is so wrong that it actually hurts me. Are there really people that are posting here that think this?

Have you not listened to the White Album? Tomorrow Never Knows? Magical Mystery Tour? They invented tape looping and flanging and close micing and so many other experimental techniques. It might not seem as experimental today, but that shit was bananas back then. Honestly, I'd say their experimental shit is pretty off the wall even for today's standards.

Exactly, what they did once every 8 months, most bands fail to produce at all throughout their entire discography.

cause John beat his wife

Replace that with Revolver and you might have a point

This, although Rubber Soul is their second best

Not true. I've always been a big fan and maybe thought that way once, but going from high school to graduating college, I've found so many layers and different sounds within their music that each experience is different whenever I feel like revisiting the Beatles' discography. Even so, I listen to other great experimental, and maybe deeper shit throughout the years, and it usually gives me new ears for the Beatles. Because of it, despite calling them overrated myself as I discover new music, my revisits make me respect them more and I throw that shitty opinion out. I've found new ways to listen to even their early shit. Never before have I appreciated their early shit as I do now, and it doesnt even come close to their experimental stuff.

Nicely put user. I agree with you.

delete run for your life and then it's a 10/10

>they
you mean their producers did

I disagree with both statements.

George Martin and the Abbey Road engineers do deserve the technical credit and I don't disagree with that, but the reason they were doing those things is because the Beatles were basically making them. Like, they weren't responsible for the creative decisions (other than Martin, who's basically a Beatle anyway)

Don't know why you would like that album if you hate The Beatles. Just admit you like them and stop trying to be cool by hating what's popular.

i have never listened to a full song from the Beatles

Then you're not old enough to be on Sup Forums

U2 is a bad example here (they were very good but haven't been for nearly 20 years at this point), but honestly even then it doesn't even matter, I can't really think of a band that released songs as good as they did at that pace.

This is the worst thread of all time