Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrostatic_shock
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

i want fucking samurai world immediately

fuck westworld

>The fun threads are over so I have to resort to shitposting to get (you)'s

>mfw Ford dies

i figured he was going to die a while ago, he's way too expensive to keep around on a show like this. he probably got paid 5x as much as ed harris

ed harris will be on for a while though, because he's a bro

hey I'm not a hardcore racist or anything, but does it bother anyone else that every single one of the white male characters are pathetically stupid or downright evil?

> your character gets his right arm broken
> then gets the good left arm shot by a bullet
> signed up for Season 2

> your character gets shot in the back of the fucking head
> signed up for Season 2

Totally going to get more than 1 episode in Season 2, guys.

William finally got the world he wanted. Will he and Dolores ever make up?

>ed harris
>a bro
he's only doing it for the money
and he's doing it spectacularly

that's only if you interpret ford as being evil.

That final scene was 11/10 if you disagree you're pleb trash

I don't know what "hack" means, but it's a pretty shit approach to the rest of the show.

I mean really, why does everything have to be a fight? Why couldn't they just go public with the fact that the hosts had achieved sentience and that they needed their rights protected, and so were closing the park?

Dicks. Dicks dicks dicks.

I dunno why anyone would think that a character dying means the actor isn't needed anymore, particularly on this show.

what are you trying to say

and MiB.

we take the engine

So ford was clearly a robot, right?

>hey I'm not a hardcore racist or anything, but does it bother anyone else that every single one of the white male characters are pathetically stupid or downright evil?
Post 90's they seemed to have went out of their way to avoid blacks as the main villain. Training Day and others are exceptions. I think there was some change made but not universal and likely more about the writer's and the scripts. Quite possible the producer's just say make the dude a white male too. Cops used to be real good when it showed more reality which meant blacks and hispanics most of the time. Now they go out of their way to make it seem balanced. It's there though.

>Why couldn't they just go public with the fact that the hosts had achieved sentience and that they needed their rights protected, and so were closing the park?
same reason arnold trying to convince them the hosts were capable of sentience didn't work. first, it's something no one wants to believe because it's an uncomfortable situation for humanity. second and more importantly, there's a lot of money and time invested into the project and if they're sentient and deserve human rights then they lose all of their worth as human-like slaves or toys.

The Wire is another show HBO did with a black villain. Denzel also did a movie or two besides Training Day as a villain. Check years though.

Yeah but it's not like people don't care about that sort of thing. Unless they're actually in China or some shit

I thought the whole escape from Westworld to be silly. Security forces dropping like flies with armor on with bullpups? I've also had issues with the fact that they give these synths super strength yet they have fine delicate parts which would be required. They aren't going to be terminators.

No no, it's that the supposed death of ford just means the plot has become very predictable. The body being built in the workshop beneath the cabin was obviously a replicant Ford, which was intentionally made to be murdered graphically.
At least, as far as dolores is concerned.

William is the one who Dolores will actually have to kill, or get Teddy to kill, or whatever. Now that Ford has effectively retreated to "the man behind the curtain" again for the next season.

>obviously a replicant Ford, which was intentionally made to be murdered graphically
why do you think it's obvious?

>Security forces dropping like flies with armor on with bullpups?
It's like you're some kind of faggot who doesn't appreciate the P90 and the 5.7x28

5.7 is for tickling small game, 10mm Auto would have dropped the hosts like a sack of potatoes.

literally same stories with different skins

kys you cancer of the rectum

The fact they were unscathed as well until the writer's added some tension. Why would security suddenly stop at the elevator and not follow her to the train? Why would the autist who wanted an ai gf just walk away from this without getting a bullet to the head? Nonsense.

The point is the round is designed specifically to penetrate armor

why did the security have human killing bullets when they could have used some magnetic emp robot slaying scifi crap

hosts are essentially humans at this point, they arnt titanium killbots wrapped in carbon nanotubes. a high energy round causing massive hydrostatic shock against their bodily systems is more advantageous than high penatration steel core rounds that leave small bullet holes.

user was bitching about p90s taking out guards in body armor

also
>hydrostatic shock
fuck off kid

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrostatic_shock

I don't care if it has a wikipedia article, it's bullshit.

People die because something kills their brainstem, either the bullet itself or a tear in the right place that makes them bleed out. Big bullets causing shockwaves that kill people is just retarded, 45fag wishful thinking.

he got paid 125k per episode, that's not much considering the 100m budget

Nothing else became of that bot, it could be Ford, could be someone else

there's better dialogue in one episode of deadwood than the entire hackworld season.

>he's way too expensiv

I figured it would just be because he's an old grump

>I disagree with the science

Way to go, you sure proved him wrong.

i saw they were making weebworld with samurai and shit

I did like Deadwood more than Westworld. Ian McShane in the west feels right.

It was fucking great and I realized something which is that visiting this board the past few weeks made it worse and not better. All of you cunts with your little shitty opinions, who cares, fuck you.

As you all know, you can never leave. I'm not gay or a furry and I don't want to see animal torture, so I fled Sup Forums for Sup Forums. I know a lot about politics and I hate the Jews so I fit right in there. But they are dumb fucking Fox News tards now with that Trump tv game show host moron as their god, so that no longer works. I hid in movies. So I came here. But this place makes movies and TV worse.

It's sad that I fit in nowhere in real life. Now I also don't fit in anywhere online. I'll kick around until I find a board that I don't hate, maybe I'll fail, anyway, thanks for nothing. You aren't important and your opinions don't matter.

Cheers and best of luck

hydrostatic shock is literally the opposite of science

Clearly other people's opinions matter way too much to you.
>red9k

how do they stop robots and humans with swords from killing eachother?

blades specifically designed to just cut through hosts' skin/bodies.

huh, yeah. seems obvious i guess.

Reminder that S1 is a rough recreation of the first 2/3rds of the Westworld movie and that S2 will be a recreation of the last 1/3

don't you mean last 3/3?

>10mm

Quit this stupid fucking meme. /k/ is stupid and you are also stupid.

rubber swords

DELET THS

it doesn't matter anymore because that's now the main focus, hosts killing guests

relevant to my interests

>big bullets causing shockwaves that kill people is retarded

50 cals used in war can rip an arm off even if you miss the target you're shooting at.

>I went from Sup Forums to Sup Forums to Sup Forums
not really a shocker. Probably a common story considering the state of the board right now

Hahaha, someone screenshot this

So what I got was Arnold somehow trough Delores killed Ford.

Or something.

what is that, what

Here's your pity (you) you mongrel

That Host Ford was creating could be the Ford who died.

Bullshit.

If Ford is such a mastermind, which has been the case, it makes sense.
Idk, if he really wanted to die though or "become" a robot and live life with his robot family.

I mean he's stated more then once any he's admired hosts.

I thought the Brothel Owner was going to explode in the train blocking the path to the outside.

Leaving Ford to control his world.

But then she made a choice to go against her programming.

It all depends on the contract negotiations. I don't think HBO has the budget for another season of Hopkins.

Or she went with her programming...

I dunno what Ford would gain from sending one host out, so her "deciding" to go back might make more sense.

She had a choice. Delores, she didn't truly gain consciosness until she choose to murder Ford. Se was not 'woke', not really until that point. Same with Bernard. They've been close all along but it wasn't until that final scene when Delores finally showed all of them the way. Therefore, not Ford or anyone else knew beforehand she would do that. Hence, can't really plan around a free will can you?

Just leave Sup Forums. This place is full of shitty people with shitty opinions, no matter what board you go to.

You guys thought that was real security? Did you not listen to the part where Benard discovered that someone had programmed Maeve to break out? This is part of a new narrative to fuck with the people that are fucking with Ford. All those they killed during the escape are undoubtedly hosts.

>not Ford or anyone else knew beforehand she would do that

Ford knew that was one of the choices she would make and probably the most likely one.

Being this fucking stupid
>you
U sure ur not a beta test version of a host?

this+stubbs was MIA the entire episode

Exactly. And he was fine with that, either bc he's cool with death at this point, or as others have said, that was his host. Either way he wanted a test and now he knows that she is truly conscious.

As Ford says, there's no real fine line between consciousness and the lack thereof. It's not like they suddenly gain true sentience, we're all trapped in loops and beholden to external factors and manipulations.

you're right. there is no fine line in real life, but this is a tv show. she and others flirt with consciousness throughout the season. That's the whole point of the maze, taking steps towards consciousness. She does not hit it all the way until she recognizes the voice as her own, and sees herself sitting in the chair. She is now fully aware and there is no going back. Hence the scene of her killing her creator and the 'gods.' Much like Michelangelo with his painting that was featured prominently. Hell, even the name of the episode is Bicameral Mind or something.

>you're right. there is no fine line in real life, but this is a tv show
A TV show in which Ford explicitly states that there's no fine line, yeah.