Pele is overrated

>muh 3 WC's
He didn't even play in 1962, so by merit alone, he only got 2. Not only that, he wasn't even declared a champion until a decade later, retroactively. He was a youngster in a super team in 1958. He also had a super team in 1970 but let's say that 1970 was his tournament. He also failed in 1966 though.

Compare to Ronaldo and Maradona, who could have also achieved 3 WC's with a little bit of luck
Ronaldo 1994 (youngster), 1998 (stolen), 2002 (best player)
Maradona 1978 (youngster), 1986 (best player), 1990 (stolen)

But luck wasn't on their side. Ronaldo was poisoned in 1998. Maradona was somehow not called in 1978 and had the final stolen from him in 1990.

Pele is the god of marketing, not the god of football. Both Ronaldo and Maradona were better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sYokNMEgRvw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He also wasn't the best player in 1970
Half of his """"1000"""" goals were in unofficial games before the offside rule even existed, he is the quintessential fraud
Didn't even play in Europe, ended up getting exposed in America lmao, Fred tier player

>Maradonna
>1990
>(Stolen)
Germany was better that Year. It was ine of the most one sided Final in World Cup history

>look Sup Forums how edgy I am

no mentions about how he played in a shit tier brazilian league or how Garrincha was the key player in his second world cup victory?

He was just FIFA's good boy and wholesome image, not even the best BR
Maradona is not the image they want even though he was always 10x the player

SATANIA A SHIT

SHIIIIIIT

>Mexican ref in an Argentina vs Kraut final
I wonder what you gave the Mexicans for their favour, can't be worse than the weapons you gave kebabs for the 06 wc

Remind that anyone who doesn't think that Pele isn't the best player who ever lived forever is a racist and babyboomerfobic.

Brazilian football in the 60s was on a similar level to serie a or la liga at the time. That's why we tried to buy so many players from them.

Was Pele the original Brazilian who can't hack it in England?

Also like half the goals he scored were on unofficial friendlies against literal whos

>1990
augenthaler blatantly pushed over while trying to score from zero distance -> should have been penalty
voller was fouled during the "successful" tackle -> sould have been penalty

if there was no refball in 1990 final, germany would have won 2-0. Argentinian faggots didn't even shoot once on target, they were busy constantly fouling the Germans

In official competitions he scored 757 in 812 games

Duuhhh!!! Of course every established players ever are overrated af. This is /asspee/ after all.

I know this is just a bait thread to trigger my fellow monkeybros so I'm not gonna waste much of my time here. The fact is that Pelé was a player (way) ahead of his time, like Maradona and Ronaldo were whether he's the GOAT or not.

Now I'm off to eat some soup

Fuck off Argentina shouldnt even have been in the final in 1990. Worst finalist ever, zero shots on target, all they could do was break legs. I'm glad you'll never win anything ever again, and btw Pelé has more world cups than your entire country

>1990 (stolen)
They were genuinely worse than Portugal 2016, scored like 3 goals all tournament.

> 90
> 98
It's unusual that the best team ends up winning the World Cup, but these two are clear exceptions. Argentina shouldn't have played the '90 final and Zidane's France had no real rival in '98.

No need to make such long posts to tell us he's overrated. Anyone without a canadian or american flag knows this already.

its better neymar tho

>1990 was stolen but 1986 was not

Italy was the best in 1990

Happened in the last 2 WCs senpai

He has an honarary knighthood, which means he's the greatest ever British players alongside Charlton and Hurst.

the only soccer players I know are Pele, David Beckham and Hope Solo.

anime is overrated too

I know this thread is pure b8, but I'm gonna leave this here. It's good stuff, watch it.

youtube.com/watch?v=sYokNMEgRvw

Anyone that knows fuck all about football knows Maradona is the true GOAT