No one here is talking about the best album to come out this past Friday

>No one here is talking about the best album to come out this past Friday
what the fuck Sup Forums

How does it compare to In Search Of and Seeing Sounds?

i really liked it, listened to in 3 or 4 times already.

This album is painfully mediocre. It's *really* frustrating

Is NERD actually good? I haven't liked much that pharrel has been involved with

Seriously amazing. Best N.E.R.D/Neptunes album period

would be an easy 8/10 if they didnt make the tracks so fucking long

A disgrace, really. I'm not saying it's album of the decade, but it's easily the best release of the week, and a top-20 album on the year.

Given Fantano loved the singles, and given the singles are peanuts compared to the meat of this album, I think he hands N.E.R.D an 8 or 9. I fucking feel it senpai.

Top 5?
Voila
Kites
ESP
Deep Down Body Thurst
Lightning Fire Magic Prayer

LFMP is the only bad song, which is a shame since it's 7 minutes long. Deep Down Body Thurst is one of the best songs I heard all year

really? I love Lightning Fire Magic Prayer. The only song that I had issues with was Rollinem 7's for being too long for how repetitive it is. Andre's verse was still fantastic however.

Pitchfork gave it a 6.4

Pharrell raps like he wears above the knee cut off jean shorts. It was smart of him to bring in lots of guests but this record still exists in that weird space where it plays like an earworm pop record but is clearly meant to be deeper.

Yep. Rollinem 7s is the obvious weak link, but even that one sorts itself out.

Biggest criticism of the album is the two-half song formula - present on like 90% of the songs. I personally love it, but it makes the songs hard to share.

Rollinem 7's is a cock tease but it definitely payed off at the end

first three albums are really good the rest are trash, including this new one

DEEP DOWN BODY THRUST

Pitchfork hates n.e.r.d. so that's no surprise.

LFMP was great, loved when it sounded like wii music half way through

I think it sounds like that new Gorillaz album but with a bit more focus and cohesion, I enjoyed it

Honestly, best hip hop album of the year.