ITT: Shows that got ruined by Reddit

ITT: Shows that got ruined by Reddit

/thread

these dubs

HOLY SHIT

DUDE

I honestly hate this show. When we get together with friends at some place, someone pops up with this idea "hey lets watch r&m" and I don't want to be grumpy faggot but it honestly rustles my jimmies.

I FUCKING HATE THIS SHOW

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING

whats so wrong with it

i don't have any idea why tv hates it.
name any better show in this genre.

I just don't find it funny and it makes me mad when someone giggles at non funny one-liners around me. pffffffffffffft

i hate how rick became "hip" and memey after the first few episodes

But you're a retard with a shitty sense of humor. It's your fault, not theirs.

what show in this genre is better, tell us.

south park

Checked

I think the reason it's so despised here despite not being nearly as bad a majority of what is on TV is that it takes NEET humor then waters it down and repackages it for normies. So the response is essentially neckbeards getting triggered by cultural appropriation.

yeah it just BUUURP so funny guy so random burp

I just don't see it. Rick & Morty isn't that special

this episode was the cringiest thing ever

>le funny society critic show
>they killed kenny lelelele

seriously this show contents of 99% of the same pattern.

I hope dan Harmon dies

Didn't say it was. It's just an okay show. There's definitely nothing about it worth getting mad over, though.

Game of Thrones desu

I think Rick and Morty is alright.
I never understood why 'Get Schwifty' is the most hilarious thing to people.

reddit didnt ruin it, it was bad long before internet dynamics and culture became prevalent in social settings

>ruined by Reddit

lol fucking redditors trying to fit in. It wasn't ruined by reddit, it IS reddit.

Yeah, /tv- I mean reddit really ruined it for me.

You have ruined...yourself

the shoe was invented and aimed at redditors

it was ruined before it aired its first episode

>blowing your cover this hard

It was reddit from the start

nailed it

What's with Sup Forums's hate boner and over obsession with reddit? Seems pretty gay.

Those are dubs

It's like BBT, it's a "smart" show for normies.

>why do you want to get rid of that cancerous tumor stop being mean to me i mean it
t.cancerous tumor

Calling something what it is isn't obsession.

Get ready for the shitstorm of bad comebacks, "no u"s and accusations of contrarianism from the butthurt redditors.

I legit own this dildo

Talk triggered to me

Imagine a show made by a frustrated, pimple-faced virgin that no one likes and who's the preferred target of every bully in the county. Now imagine something 10 times worse and you'll begin to understand what a humongous piece of unfunny shit this show is.

it's popular (le reddit meme) and also surprisingly smart, so Sup Forums hates it

this, R&M is great, but the worst episode is OP's pic, also the one reddit loves the most

that description is garbage, captain autism.

What's the plot?

>letting some cringy memers ruin how you look at a show
Pathetic. Dont let pathetic numales influence your views on media or neck yourself.

sounds like you just described yourself by accident. gotta watch out for that shit.

bojack horseman
early simpsons

It's nothing but vulgarity laced with pop culture references. It's Family Guy for people who think they are too good for Family Guy.

this triggers the redditors

This

You realize thats a social thing right?
When you watch tv/movies with a group of friends, people laugh at shit they wouldnt while alone.

>friend laughs
>you or someone else does because its infectious/monkey see monkey do
>man we had a great time watching _____
Its to promote social bonding you twit

>Family Guy for people who think they are too good for Family Guy.

many such cases

I'm so fucking happy they've hired on women writers.

Thank Disney for buying up the people from the show who made it what it was.

I'm over the moon that it's finally being written by women. Now if only they could replace the voice actors with women.

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor normie to understand why this show is so popular.

These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick normies into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter.

What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

>This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit

lots of good posts on the teevee board today

Cringe award of the day goes to (you). Play again tomorow kids

Not at all

After the first couple of episodes they stopped making fun of minorities like blacks

Arrow was literally ruined by Reddit, or at least the redditor mentality. It might have been going downhill at the end of season 2, but the felicity shit is their fault.

Also, Doctor Who.

Is it true that women are writing season 3? That's pretty rad.

>ruined by reddit
seek sunlight

this show has mostly sucked since it was made

I'm more annoyed with the fan base then the show.

no, that's tumblr

wat did he meme by this

>le fanbase is bad so show is bad meme

are all you kids retarded? If this logic followed i wouldnt like ANYTHING posted here

Don't try to talk sense into tryhard children that use website names as adjectives to fit in in a shithole like this.
It's a waste of time, just enjoy the show.

>you must guess your post number a lot around here, huh?

Fucking nice.

is that natalie dormer's sis?

I never understood the hate for this show. Sup Forums led me to believe this was a dumpster fire and not worth watching but I was reasonably entertained all throughout. But yeah, its reputation was driven into the ground by Leddit which is a shame.

Sup Forums is embarrased that they like it so they blame it on reddit

this gave my brain a recursive loop

>ITT: people who haven't seen doc and mharti

provide 5 examples of obnoxious rick and morty fans from reddit

The Autism in this thread is some real next level shit.

>Breaking Bad
They never gave a shit about it until the last two seasons, I remember we had threads around the time the S2 finale was happening and everyone was joking about the plane crash.
>Game of Thrones
No explanation needed, they basically ruined a perfectly decent series by bringing the Harry Potter fanbase to it

I try to watch it but I find the art style really grating, it's like it was basically drawing in paint.

>another Rick and Morty thread where we get the same old story of Sup Forums anons treating it like it's the worst thing of all time and redditors calling anyone who dislikes it a contrarian

>again with this pasta

Sup Forums has always arbitrarily hated Reddit despite them sharing their userbase.

It's quite awkward sometimes when you watch people slag off both sites whilst visiting both. Some people just love the drama, and others have tunnel vision and get worked up without any sense of perspective.

>arbitrarily hated Reddit
They banned me for "being a horrible person". It's insanely PC. I hate Reddit now.

reddit: the show

the "rick and morty is reddit" meme pokes fun at our tendency to give too much of a fuck about what Sup Forums says is and isn't good

when's the 3rd season?

Rick and Morty is unironically a mix of Sup Forums and Reddit humor. The Reddit part and the fact that it got popular is why Sup Forums started hating it.

hells yeah fellow redditor we got this

lifes hard on the chan but we are stronger together

WEED

FPBP

Futurama.

>le everything I hate is reddit
Glad to know I wasn't the only one in the liberal debate team back in high school

Not the guy, but I also didn't liked the show.
The kind of humor the creator does, it gets really old after 5 minutes. Maybe he was right when he wanted to do the show runtime 10 minutes, and forced by AS to make it 20.

Besides dude references lmao.

this

the butt hurt over this show is great. however I do have to say ppl in general make anything unbearable. check out all the Facebook of r&m. every single post is someone captioning some stupid shit trying to be funny.

This

I laughed at fucking Sausage Party when watching with friends.

it's too hard for him, don't try it.