ITT: Albums that aren't the most popular or critically acclaimed in the artist's/band's discography...

ITT: Albums that aren't the most popular or critically acclaimed in the artist's/band's discography, but are actually the best

>Pic related

I can't believe I've sat through years of all of you memeing PHM and Downward Spiral when this fucking album exists

year zero is actually the best

Not The Actual Events is one of my favorite things Trent and NIN have done in recent times

>tfw believed all the memes about it being mediocre
>Listen to it and it turns out to be in the top 5 releases

An album about anxiety induce depression hit too close to home.

oops forgot

I once spent a day listening to this album over and over again. It truly is amazing.

I remember arguing that this album was too long like a year ago on here and now I take it all back

Probably my 2nd favorite release after The Fragile, so underrated

You could argue that lyrically the Downward Spiral is a little more complex, but the Fragile is so on point production-wise that it still kinda outshines TDS.

I already called it back in the 90s when everyone was still memeing TDS. Feels good people finally see the light.

Not sure why this doesn't get the credit it deserves, I believe it's the album that blends his serious content with his sense of humor the best. Plus the production sounds really out there and interesting.

TDS was still better, and more focused effort

Their best album

also this

The Fragile > The Downward Spiral > Pretty Hate Machine

Please prove me wrong, if you can.
Nigger, what the fuck, no. It's their 2nd best though. I'll give you that.
Nevermind is better.

I can see this if you like dream pop more than noise pop

nigga wtf

>Band has 3 albums
>It's their second best
wow what a concession
I never got the hate for this. Not their best imo, but certainly not bad by any stretch

Four, technically. 5 if you count You Made me Realize.

Album = / = EP

bought this the day it came out and it BLEW ME AWAY