You can just tell Civil War is a far superior movie than BvS based on the fight between these two...

You can just tell Civil War is a far superior movie than BvS based on the fight between these two. There is was some real emotion and tension behind this scene. You felt for the characters Cap, Tony, and Bucky.

Bats vs.Supes? A forced fight with a flimsy excuse with no real stakes or emotion behind it.

Or if you're one of those kids who give shitty stories a pass because "le film is a visual medium anyway!" then lets just acknowledge Cap vs.Iron Man was more visually pleasing that BvS. Batman and Superman fought like two drunk guys in a bar(Bats even hits Supes with a toilet at one point) who start crying and making up when they become sober.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SsGpdzHTXtg&t=7s&list=PL3t6ToE_EmAsebWTSNDyuE8212Rdkxvll&index=30
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Marvel does a way better job with the heroes.

DC does a way, waaay better job with the villains X-Men don't count.

If only there were a way to combine their powers...

Both fights were shit but I'd say BvS slightly better

Fight should have been a stomp in favor of Iron Man.

That fight didn't made sense within the ligic of the universe, Tony sould have been able to kill both in three fuckinng minutes if he wanted.

They just ignore the logic to fit their narrative, both of the fights that you mention are shit.

Except Tony wasn't trying to kill Cap, he was only aiming for Bucky. This allowed Cap to slowly wear down and disarm Tony's armor. There is also a reason why the fight was set in a closed bunker.

Just because Tony is in a suit of armor, it doesn't mean he can fight. He's still up against the two most highly trained super soldiers on the planet.

Kino.

>You felt for the characters
>Cap
Yeah he was trying to protect his friends from one another because Tony would lose it
>Bucky
Tortured, turned into a weapon, brain-washed and puppeteered by hydra. 'I bet you dont even remember them' - "I remember all of them"
>Tony
Fuck no. Unlikable dick, makes rash/emotionally driven decisions that ultimately cause more harm than good. Boo hoo my parents died even though I treated them like shit and resented my dad. Whatever shall I do with the insane amount of wealth, powerful allies, self created tech that lets me do anything I fucking want. Just no.

it's funny that's what's most wrong about this movie has parallel's with BVS: muh mommy, that mom line of Tony was so cringy, they really could have done a better job of writing Tony in this movie. The comics did it a lot better, they should have just let a few mutants destroy a school.
It was just a better movie because it had a way better story, pacing, characters and action than bvs though.

Did you saw the previous movies? he has bullets and fucking lassers in his suit, he has super speed and super streght comparable to the one of Thor, he could have shoot Bucky in the head the moment he wanted, and Caps wouldn't be able to do anything.

The reason of why Tony lost is because he doesn't do that, and there is no explanation of why he doesn't, he just don't do it because Tony beating Cap wouldn't fit the narrative.

Wich of course is crappy writting.

>Posts some guy in blue fighting a power ranger

What am I supposed to feel here? Who are these characters and why should I care?

>Comics did it better

Kill yourself

Batman and Superman fight is more belivable, you have a reason of why Batman is able to beat Superman, but you never have a reason of why the Capitan is able to beat Iron Man.

Is
>we must fight because the bad guy has kidnapped my mom and threatens to kill her if i don't kill you
really that much more contrived than
>we must fight because the bad guy was lucky enough to get us both in this same room in this abandoned bunker at the same time so that he could show us footage of my parents' murder which was conveniently captured on a security camera in the middle of nowhere in some forest in the 90s

I think that the Civil War comic is a complete pice of shit, but they do give a better motivation to some things than the movie, like Spider Man joining Iron Man (wich is fucking shit, but is better than the movie), or the reason of why Caps is able to beat Iron Man at the end.

Did you not watch the movie? There is a reason why Tony kept trying to get up close and personal to kill Bucky. Also who's to say Bucky wont just block the bullets and lasers with his Vibranium arm?

>Batman fighting Superman
>More believable

Pick one.

Also pic related.

Batman vs Superman is more like:
> We must fight because there is a one porcent chance of you turning bad and I wouldn't listen to what you're trying to say about your kidnapped mother. .

Then answer is "no" until the mouse hires you to make these threads, then yes

Yes.

Superman could have easily yelled out "HE HAS MARTHA" and the whole thing would have been over. But since Zack Synder is a hack and couldn't find a legit reason for them to fight after two fucking hours, he had Superman act like a retard and force a fight with Batman.

Nobody was forced to fight in Civil War. Tony was overcome with rage after being betrayed by his friend and seeing a man murder his parents on camera. Tony and Bucky didn't want them to fight.

Also Hydra was everywhere so of course they would record the murder of the Starks.

I disagree.. I prefer the Bat vs Supes cause it was more realistic..

Civil War was just like your best friend decided to sulk on you but in the end you win him back and all's well again.. No conclusions and reflections just a fight desu desu farm hehe

kys if you think the movie did it better, holy shit

I will tell you how, Sups never take Batman serious until Batman used the kryptonite and by the time that Sups realized that his life was in risk it was too late, wich is more Batman could have killed Superman before that if he used Kryptonite bullets in his tramp.

Did you actually read that fucking comic?

Vision completly desactivated the Tony armor, so what you're watching there is a fight between Caps and Tony Stark inside a pice of metal. In the actual fight (in where Tony has his armor actived) he is about to easly kill Capitan until someone saves his ass.

That moment when Cap has Tony up against the wall and is just beating the absolute shit out of him was so great. Probably because all I could think of was HELP ME, TONY.

You clearly havent read the comic if you think it did anything better. You would be torn apart if this were on Sup Forums

The comic fucking turned Tony into a mustache twirling villain who hires supervillains to kill Spider Man because they needed to make Cap's side look more heroic.

>Not taking Batman seriously even though you literally said earlier you would snap his neck if he became Batman again
>Superman apparently fucks around even though his mom is being held hostage by Luthor

So you're telling me Superman couldn't have yelled out "Martha" that whole entire time? At least Cap tried to reason with Tony the entire fight. BvS was just poorly written.

>There is a reason why Tony kept trying to get up close and personal to kill Bucky.

That's not true, he acctually tries to kill him with missiles and he fails, but ineasted of keep tryin long range based weapons he decides to just use hand to hand combat after that for the reason that I already mentioned.

>Also who's to say Bucky wont just block the bullets and lasers with his Vibranium arm?

Because an arm just don't have a lot of range.

Let´s say that he block one of his lassers, guess what? he has two arms, and more extra weapons in his shoulders.

To be honest, Punisher vs Daredevil was more compelling than either of them. At least they actually had genuine reasons to be fighting and weren't just pawns of the villains.

>Daredevil doesn't kill bad guys.
>Punisher kills bad guys.

Batman and Superman were blackmailed into fighting and the registration angle basically became pointless in Civil War because the actual fight was purely about Tony's parents getting killed. The only ethical difference was in Daredevil.

He could but he thought Batman was a murderer and a psychopath so he didn't, when he does it it's more like begging for his life

For a lot of movies, it’s poor communication driving the action. A misunderstanding between parties that can be settled with both sitting and having a civilized conversation. That was not true in Batman v Superman. A lot of people say Superman should’ve just shouted to Batman that his mother was in danger, but that wouldn’t have stopped the fight. Batman was going to kill him regardless of “Martha.” He didn’t back away because Superman said that name. He stood theire with the spear over him still ready to deliver the final blow. He wasn’t ready to listen until Lois came in and pleaded with him to not kill the man could no longer defend himself. That’s when he realized Superman was a man. No amount of yelling at Bruce would’ve made him come around until Superman’s “super” was out of the equation.

Zack Snyder did a phenomenal job with this scuffle. There were no quips, there were no jokes, no one-liners: there was just two guys with their own agendas going at it. There was no other way this could have been resolved BUT in a violent brawl; there was no talking this out; there was no “But couldn’t X just do Y?”. That made the fight integral to the plot, and that made it MATTER. It felt uncomfortable, all too real and those are the things that made it feel awesome.

Conversely, Civil War could’ve been solved with just Tony and Steve sitting down to talk. Recall, before this film Batman and Superman had never met before. Superman didn’t even know Batman existed. In Civil War, Tony and Steve have known each other for four films, which rounds out to about 4 or 5 years. In that time, they’ve fought aliens, robots and countless human soldiers. Their bond is battle-tested. People say this makes the fight feel more personal than BvS, fine. But it also makes it much more stupid since them not simply sitting and talking things out is far more unbelievable. You’d think they’d trust each other.

How can you be so retarded?

He at first tries to seek help from Batman. Before Batman uses the kryptonite on him, he is trying to talk to him, then when he sees that Batman is going to kill him, he starts fighting serious but by that point he has been weakened.

It's not even something subtle he literally says that, he even mentions something along the line of "I don't like you but I need your help" before Batman goes Batshit crazy on him.

Agreed op

In the MCU, we’re told Tony is an alcoholic playboy, but we never actually see him doing any alcoholic playboying. Similarly, in Civil War, Tony is never as angry as the narrative wants us to think (and why would he be, Steve is his friend and it’s not like they wouldn’t just sit and talk all this out, right?). He’s not as driven in practice, in front of our eyes, as the movie tells us he is and wants us to think he is.

Compare that to Batman in Batman v Superman. We’re told Bruce Wayne is losing himself. We’re told he’s down and out, and in the above gif, you can see that. He’s waking up next to a woman he doesn’t even remember bringing home (the look of incredulity on his face when he turns to her), and then the first thing he does is take a hand full of pills and downs it with booze. That’s the down-and-out starter kit right there.

>DC does a way, way better job with the villains

DCEU villains have all been shit.

My man

>he acctually tries to kill him with missiles and he fails

Yeah when he had Bucky up close against a wall. The second time he used a missile it was to prevent Bucky from escaping the bunker.

Dude c'mon you're coming up with excuses for this lame fight. I get you like the movie but you have to call it for what it is. These movies arent going to get any better without constructive critiscism. There is no reason why Superman couldn't have told another fellow superhero "LEX LUTHOR HAS AN INNOCENT WOMEN IN HIS CLUTCHES AND WANTS ME TO KILL YOU!"

So you're proving my point?

>That was not true in Batman v Superman.

youtube.com/watch?v=SsGpdzHTXtg&t=7s&list=PL3t6ToE_EmAsebWTSNDyuE8212Rdkxvll&index=30

>There is no reason why Superman couldn't have told another fellow superhero

Literrally what other Superhero superman knew?

It's not civilized conversation

more like posttraumatic stress disorder

But he thought Batman wasn't a superhero man. The Martha moment was shit and ruined the entire thing for me but your criticisms don't make sense

BvS fight made more sense than CW and also was better looking, the rest of the film is another thing

>they weren't trying
I love this meme

Anyway Civil War the worst marvel movie
BvS was a mess

So, he tries to kill him with missiles, then the whole "he tries to kill Bucky in a personal way" is bullshit .

What point?

Batman

Go watch the directorial commentary. The Russos give you a rundown of the fight.

Did you not read the part where I said he only used a missle when he had Bucky cornered up against a wall.

>what point

The fact that he was not trying to kill him in a personal way, no mather how you twist it, using fuking missiles is not a personal way to kill some one.

And if you need an external source to understand the intentions of the character it means that the writing of the movie it's bad.

>There is no reason why Superman couldn't have told another fellow superhero "LEX LUTHOR HAS AN INNOCENT WOMEN IN HIS CLUTCHES AND WANTS ME TO KILL YOU!"

That´s literally what Superman tries to do, did you watched the movie?

Civil War's fight is about how two friends fight over mistakes they've made and their inability to cope with trauma

BvS's fight was two good guys getting tricked into fighting

No he doesn't, he never once said it before he was literally dying. He tries to calm batman down but never tells him why he should.

>there are actual adults taking capeshit seriously ITT

>anything Marvel
>visually pleasing
no

He tries to cal calm batman down to tell him that, why do you think that he was trying to cal him down then?

Now you're trying to move goalposts. You cant change the fact Tony wanted to kill Bucky up close. Sniping someone miles away gives less satisfaction than getting up close and blowing their brains out. I only provided information about the commentary because it backs up my argument. You dont need it to understand the fight unless you're literally retarded.

How about calming him down by just telling him what's going on

This. The whole idea of Civil War storyline was to try and make the readers struggle with who they want to win and give pros and cons to each side. The idea was similar in both but the comic fucked up by making Tony such an asshole and the clear villain of the story. I don't know one person who read the comic storyline and said that Tony was right.

Let's say you are right (but you're not) then is the same, if he was willing to kill him using missiles, why he didn´t use any of his other weapons? Specially his lassers that have a far bigger range.

>You dont need it to understand the fight unless you're literally retarded.

You know what basic storytelling is? Because it doesn't seem like that

KEK. are you fucking serious?

This fight highlighted the lazyness schlock that Marvel produces

That´s kind of hard when he is throwing his whole arsenal of weapons at you.

>lets adapt that comic panel because it looks cool guys!

jfc. what a lazy piece of shit. how can marvel fags defend this garbage?

What part of up close and personal do you not understand?

Wait so Marvel is the lazy one because they DIDN'T copy the comic shot-by-shot?

DCucks everyone.

>directors commentary
No thanks

The fights were goofy nonsense, which is fine for a kids movie .
Don't pull "DUDE THEY WERENT TRYING LMAO" as an excuse

Have you ever tried to talk logic and reason to someone who is in ragemode or just doesnt want to even listen to you. Doesnt work because they arnt thinking in a clear logical mind

>he didn't understand the frame

The original panel showed Cap and Iron Man fighting along with the strewn bodies of their comrades, suits tattered and helmets broken fighting all that they have. Marvel directors adapted the panel just because. Why do you still defend this garbage?

Tell me how the fuck is killing someone with missiles more personal than killing someone with a lasser?

I disagree. Batman isn't supposed to act like a fucking crazy idiot and that's what ruined the entire movie for me. He's supposed to be the worlds greatest detective and be able to dive into the minds of those he's up against but in BvS he goes full revenge filled maniac mode on Superman. He wants to kill Superman because there's a 1% chance he could be a bad guy yet he spent his whole Batman career trying to fix the Joker when there is easily less than a 1% chance he could be reformed. The motives for fighting are pretty bad in both movies but at least in CW they didn't have to make the characters act so completely out of character to make the fight happen.

That not even a fuckin panel, its the cover of a comic, that shot never happens in the actual comic.

K I N O
I
N
O

Batman is never actually confronting Superman with the possibility that Superman will become a threat or that he’s too powerful to be trusted. Batman’s isn’t monologuing to Superman about the 1% doctrine. Instead, Batman is talking about his parents and about how he’s struggled to make sense of the world. Batman’s primary issue is his psychological feeling of powerlessness and his inability to handle his failures as both Bruce and Batman.

that (pic related) dream showed Bruce still having nightmares about his parents’ death, and now here he is trying to do the only thing that he thinks will matter, trying to redeem himself and his parents through vengeance, which of course is a path toward doom. We could also say that in both scenes, Bruce is mourning his parents’ death, sees picture of Archangel Michael with spear(!!). And maybe the man-bat breaking out of the bloody tomb was the warning that if Batman spills blood with the spear (that is, he kills Superman), that he will actually be unleashing a demon (that is, himself, for having gone completely over the edge and becoming a murderer).

Chris Terrio himself, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal, said that he was digging in to revenge tragedy structure for his work on BvS and Pulpklatura traced out the full revenge tragedy arc for Batman in this movie. A typical revenge tragedy takes the character all the way to the moment where they are going to carry out the vengeance, and of course if they do they are actually harming themself, not just the person they’re targeting. It’s really their own soul that is on the line. And in the revenge tragedy structure, that all leads up to the moment called Anagnorisis — the recognition or moment of clarity when the main character gains the understanding that was missing (because of his fatal flaw).

Not really.

Batman is forcing the world to make sense, and so at some level Batman himself is acknowledging that he has a skewed perspective and that he imposes his interpretations on reality rather than taking reality as it is, perhaps because reality is too painful or maybe he just thinks it’s non-sensical in general.

So what you're trying to ask me is why Tony didn't use a laser when he was up close to Bucky? Well at this point you'll have to ask me why Cap didn't just break the TV before Tony saw anything.

So you are calling Marvel lazy for not adapting the comic shot by shot.

Kek

if you're gonna adapt something do it right ffs.

>He wants to kill Superman because there's a 1% chance he could be a bad guy yet he spent his whole Batman career trying to fix the Joker when there is easily less than a 1% chance he could be reformed

Makes sense, the possibility of someone as powerful as superman being evil is fucking scary while some twink dressed as a clown being actually evil is just meh

Batman in the comics an the animated series has plans to kill the Justice league because there is a 1% chance of them turning bad, there are chapters in the AS in where he would turn simple problems in to something completly out of control because he didn't ask for help, Batman wiil gladly kill other villians but he wouldn't never kill the joker because of deep inside him he actually enjoys his little game, there are comics in where he just go batshit crazy on the criminals because he hasn´t slepeed well.

Batman is not out of character in the movie, he is actually on point, Batman is a character with a lot of mental problems, the problem heres i you like a lot of the general public don't really know the character that well.

It's actually quite difficult to do, way harder than CGI (poorly) an airport

The movies are adaptations of the comics. If the source material is good then they should use it more.

Anyways why are you ignoring the one user with the long posts? You don't have enough attention span to read them? Is that why you watch Marvel movies? Those posts aren't pasta if that's what you think. I'm assuming you are OP btw

I'm , I'm just poiting out what the image actually is.

Loki was alright.

Exactly, the movie is fucking retarded.

You just pointed out a moment in where this whole fight could have been easly stopped, and you're trying to defend the movie.

Why didn't Cap just break the TV before Tony saw anything?

Not this shit again

HAHAHAHAHA OP here, I know the movie is retarded, i was just trying to troll you all

LOL

All DCEU villains have been shit so far. Marvel has had Loki, Zemo, Winter Soldier, Kingpin, Purple Man, Cotton Mouth etc.

There is nothing that MCU needs to learn from DCEU

Exactly. All Bruce's talk about the potential threat Clark represents is just rationalization for his real motive - vengeance. It's chasing that vengeance that's destroying him, which is the entire point of his nightmare with the Man-Bat.

I think that he's talking about the comics.

LOL SUPER EBIN XD

Lex was great

Damn right he was.

>Anyway Civil War the worst marvel movie

Now I wouldn't say that

Chris Evans himself said he'd choose Team Stark. I'm so disgusted with what a big flaming libcuck mangina he is IRL.

Because Tony would just have said "What's on the TV?" and they would have argued anyway.

That's quite a bit different than watching video of your parents getting murdered while standing next to the man who did it.

CW had some flaws, but overall it's good, I loved that final fight scene. Cap and Bucky are my favourite characters and so I found it easy to ignore some of the more niggly shit, like the hypocrisy of the UN/Governments, and that Mary Sue Black Panther who agrees with the accords and is portrayed as a moral man, while acting in direct contradiction to them without anyone giving a damn. Hate the character of Sharon though, weird looking, creepy love story, and has zero chemistry with Cap on top of all that.

I thought the BvS fight scene was much better. The build-up toward it was great and you could really understand Batman's struggle with both himself and the possibility of Superman becoming an unstoppable force

Tony was actually the good side though, it is naive and illogical to just let a green unkillable monster and a literal god robot go unchecked

>"You're not brave. Men are brave."

That line gave me chills. Still does.

I didn't hate Civil War but I don't remember at any point any of them responding to accusations that "OMG you literally murder people, every person who died in the last few movie- I mean attacks was your fault!" with "What about the fucking god trying to take over the earth or nuke it or whatever?"

Like there were a few legitimate grievances. The Hulk running around accidentally dropping boulders on people in New York; Scarlet Witch being responsible for brainraping Hulk into attacking that Wakanda city; and Tony was ultimately responsible for creating Ultron. However, at no point did any of them really attempt to defend themselves by the obvious, pointing out that they were trying to both save the world and minimize casualties while doing so.

Even if there were arguments to be made against that position, the fact that nobody made the point was fairly unrealistic, IMO.

>being this plebeian

>Civil War is a far superior movie than BvS
>far superior
Both were absolute shit.
BvS was -9.9/10
Civil War was -8.6/10

>"I don't care, he killed my mom."

With that line I was on Team Iron Man. Nobody fucks with mom.

nah