This is Johnny Unitas of the Baltimore Colts. He continues to define the quarterback position...

This is Johnny Unitas of the Baltimore Colts. He continues to define the quarterback position. He was named MVP 4 (four) times. He never cheated or cried for a flag. He is the GOAT.

Only millenials will doubt this or claim otherwise

> it's another grandpa posts on Sup Forums episode.

Fuck off contrarian cuck. Football before the 80s isn't even allowed to be debated anymore.

says who

I have him 5th on my list. Definitely changed the position but he had some bad slumps in his career people seem to have forgotten.

Says people who understand the curve we are seeing in talent and size. Hell even players during the 80s are very small compared to today's. It's simple, players of the past simply couldn't hold a candle to the beasts that play today.

Jerry Rice is the GOAT if you're being objective

so why even rank players today? they wouldn't be able to compete in 2040. Athletes aren't stopping getting bigger, stronger, and faster.

This is Otto Graham if the Cleveland Browns. He continues to define the quarterback position. He was named MVP 3 (three) times, held the 50s dynasty, and lead an expansion team from a lower league. He never cheated or cried for a flag. He even won an NBA championship with the Rochester Royals. He is the GOAT.

No there's a graph out there showing speeds and strength stats over the years. Since the 40s and even up until recently the trend has been showing athletes are getting exponentially more athletic. But the last 15 years or so the curve has dropped off to a virtual plateau. It appears humans are reaching our physical peaks that our current bodies can handle.

Hey Johnny.

You're not wrong.
Unitas was Peyton Manning before Manning was even born.

the most overrated player in NFL history
>muh guarantee
he was a below-average QB his entire career and only got in because of 1 sentence. NFL is a joke league

Not to mention all of the championships he won.

Namath was a very mediocre QB for his whole career, and made a meme guarantee that his team would win and they did and people have been riding his nuts ever since.
The fact that he's in the HoF really diminishes it's prestige. It's like saying anyone can get in.

I agree but it doesn't take away from the fact that he upended Unitas when it matters most

records are made to be broken, sports are made to be redefined. this isn't Sup Forums where people pretend to like bullshit just because it was the most original/came first

Unitas didnt even play that year because of a torn shoulder, came in late in the game and almost led a comeback

Bert Jones was Baltimores QB in SB III fucktard , Unitas would have made Namath sit in the corner

>upended Unitas
right, because Unitas played that whole game, and opposing QBs play on the field at the same time

Was getting BTFO part of your plan?

is 'the greatest game ever played' still the greatest game ever played?
is 'the catch' still the best catch you've ever seen?
has the miracle at the meadowlands happened three times?

no to all three, when will oldfags stop being pedantic and holier-than-thou

Now there's a haircut you can set your watch to

>one ring
>goat
Even eli has two

it was Earl Morrall you fucking casual

how can Namath be overrated if everyone says he's overrated?

A reciever cant be goat. Quarterback is vastly more important

Except Jerry made 4 QBs careers.

He has more than one you mong

Super bowl V. Thats it. Count again. Ill wait

Not to mention thats regarded as the worst super bowl ever

There is no exception. Qb is vastly more important. You can be the goat reciever or the goat rb. But a goat football player will always be a qb. Period
t. Rams fan thats hated Brady since '01
I wish kurt was goat but hes not. Faulk maybe goat rb tho definitely in the discussion

that's why it's called the hall of fame and not the hall of good stats

Montana already had two rings by the time Jerry was drafted

>the NFL started in 1968

Wew

>I rate league championships

yeeeeeeeeeeee

Nice reading comprehension you have there

Did old timey football players ever get hit in the face with those facemasks? It looks like it'd be quite common, given how much face is exposed.

66 actually

They still count faggor

Watch the documentaries on NFL network, i think otto grant lost some teeths when he hit his face in one play

>I rate players from the 50s
>I rate players with an under 80 career QB rating

LMAO

>Football before the 80s isn't even allowed to be debated anymore.
lol retard

he was a cheater though, he used special gloves.

I see your Johnny U and raise you a Bart Starr

>i rate cheaters

Stickem babby

They should strip him of his rings like they did to Lance Armstrong.