Do Nordics really like heavy metal music? Why?

Do Nordics really like heavy metal music? Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkW-K5RQdzo
youtube.com/watch?v=M-43pOqheMY
youtube.com/watch?v=AkFqg5wAuFk
youtube.com/watch?v=tD6aJHSI4vI
youtube.com/watch?v=ALrjjJdmxgA
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ho5NYCDDqY
youtube.com/watch?v=Iz8zAG8RiBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CU3niULUV-0
youtube.com/watch?v=xz23RIvUfWU
youtube.com/watch?v=o9DVSBIrlGk
youtube.com/watch?v=gqKu2Km2v9c
youtube.com/watch?v=LhZQBqGqf64
youtube.com/watch?v=p7iv4Gf3MXw
youtube.com/watch?v=bi49Xo0MzhA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpbpOgUybBM
youtube.com/watch?v=sC9bsezOB2s
youtube.com/watch?v=K2p9PsVD9Ho
youtube.com/watch?v=BaTdAWKRn4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

much like their tastebuds, their earbuds are so bereft of stimulation that even incoherent noise sounds good

Because its the white mans music, together with classical music

>Why?
Autism

Only metal song I've ever liked.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkW-K5RQdzo

yes, they do. Because, unlike American metal, their music is actually good.

Nordic metal:
youtube.com/watch?v=M-43pOqheMY
American metal:
youtube.com/watch?v=AkFqg5wAuFk

notice how Amon Amarth have actual melodies and harmony in their song, while Pantera sound like "muh ugliness! muh suffering! muh straight edge!"

not that Pantera isn't great, but it's easier to like music when it actually sounds good, you know?

Finnish metal master-race!
youtube.com/watch?v=tD6aJHSI4vI

Finnish rap>>>>>>>metal

more like
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>finnish rap

I'm more of an Ensiferum kind of guy, but Korpiklaani is also nice
youtube.com/watch?v=ALrjjJdmxgA

I just looked it up on youtube. How drunk do you need to be to enjoy that?

Neither of those bands are very good, just what average mallshopping normies tend to like. Worthwhile metal comes from just about all 1st world countries, and a bunch of notable stuff from former soviet bloc and Latin American countries.

>US
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ho5NYCDDqY

>Sweden
youtube.com/watch?v=Iz8zAG8RiBQ

>Germany
youtube.com/watch?v=CU3niULUV-0

>Finland
youtube.com/watch?v=xz23RIvUfWU

I could go on but you get the idea. The question really is why the Scandinavian countries produced so MUCH metal for such a relatively small population. An exception being made for Denmark, who made jackshit aside from the excellent Mercyful Fate and Artillery. Some reading I've done indicates that teenagers in Sweden, Norway, and Finland had ample resources to start bands: money for instruments, rehearsal spaces in town, and plenty of spare time. It's also a matter of timing, as metal reached critical mass in the late 80s with thrash peaking in popularity and the emergence of death/black metal. Each country had a scene that kids were eager to hop on with their own bands, and the record labels saw a lot of potential once bands like Entombed and Emperor started shifting significant units.

>Norway
no

why listen to metal when noise rock exists?

youtube.com/watch?v=o9DVSBIrlGk
youtube.com/watch?v=gqKu2Km2v9c
youtube.com/watch?v=LhZQBqGqf64

Why doesn't Scandinavia produce quality black metal anymore?? All the good bands come from Canada, USA, or Central and Eastern Europe

Ensiferum is good, but I generally find the vocals to be too harsh for my tastes.

Reminder that metal belongs to us

>no folk metal

no whites in this thread I see

youtube.com/watch?v=p7iv4Gf3MXw

youtube.com/watch?v=bi49Xo0MzhA

>notice how Amon Amarth have actual melodies and harmony in their song, while Pantera sound like "muh ugliness! muh suffering! muh straight edge!"
These two bands represent two different genres thats why. You can find melodic bands like Amon Amarth in the US and trash metal bands like Pantera in Scandinavia.

You don't seem to know anything about metal kek.

true
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpbpOgUybBM

>has white skin
>doesn't listen to metal
you have no right to call yourself white if you don't listen to white man's music

youtube.com/watch?v=sC9bsezOB2s

Elvis made normal rock white decades before metal was a thing, screaming into a microphone is degenerate as fuck

>lead degenerate lifestyle, make music about degeneracy
>die in a toilet stall from drug overdose

>somehow less degenerate than music about European traditional culture

Gas yourself out of existence, Schlomostein.

He only turned degenerate in the 70s, and any of his classic songs from the 50s are far less degenerate than any Eurofag screaming

>screaming is degen-
youtube.com/watch?v=K2p9PsVD9Ho

Only in metal, classical and rock you can see the instruments being played to their maximum limits. Metal music is truly the god's gift to mankind and untalented niggers will never understand it, or be able to play it

Something invented after the degeneration of Western society is degenerate. Get over it. I enjoy some types of degen music but I don't try to convince anyone it isn't degenerate, metal is degenerate as fuck

mexican folk is better
youtube.com/watch?v=BaTdAWKRn4E

Steve n' seagulls are the only metal band that I like, they came to my city once and they are amazing live.

so i guess all music produced nowdays is degenerated to you and god knows that else. how can you even live with yourself

Obviously all music produced in 2017 is degenerate, you'd have to be insane to think otherwise

haha nigga spoke like ebonics or some shit in the end XD

>artist x has been making music since 80s
>his music has stayed the same from the start
>released new album in 2017 with the same sound as his/hers older work
>is degenerate because western society is degenerated and some burger on 4chin thinks so

Because metal is what keeps you from falling into depression.

only nongenre worth anything is punk, fuck music