twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rap

Rap

I was talking about actual music

You

fake news

rap

do i have to pick just one

Metal, even though both are derivative, indeshit can vary much more in sound (mostly because "indie" is such a broad term in general, even narrowed down to what people want to narrow it down to, it's still better than metal.

This is because most metal falls into two traps one being it's almost always distorted loud guitars and usually yelling vocals or some forced sounding melodic shit like power metal.

Another thing not helping metal's case is it's overly edgy, hateful, extreme images which in some cases and times can be fun, but it doesn't generally cover the widest range of emotions, and generally emotions and music are intertwined for the listener one way or another. It has it's time and place but can't really cover all the ones that things like "indeshit" can.

I bet a bunch of metal listeners who are going to get mad at this are going to call me a soyboy and say that "indeshit" just covers faggy things like "tfw no gf" or other cliches, but as someone who listened to both for years, who admittedly has a bit of a bias towards "indeshit" now that I'm older, I still don't remember much of metal covering the same, in some cases, more mature topics in life that "indeshit" has.

katya is my angel

classuckal

actually depends because they're both pretty pretentious. At least the metal guys can play their instruments well i guess.

BRAAAAAAP

Provide examples of each

people who dismiss swaths of artists because they fell for a meme on a Malaysian card game forum

In terms of fans, easily metal
In terms of music, they're equally meh

rap

waifufags

This.

Simply because nigs make it.

most genres, probably > rap > metal >> indieshit

There's definitely metal that explores non-edgy themes and feeling. Listen to this and tell me it doesn't sound more wholesome and emotional than vast majority of indie music. Also no screaming, there's even acoustic guitar. You're painting with too broad a brush, metal is a huge genre

youtube.com/watch?v=nzyr2rGI3vQ

Rap.

some indieshit is good but most of it is bad

a lot of metal is bad, a lot of it is okay... which is bad, some of it is good but some of it is transcendent, which being a sad little flower king will never be

>has opinions about metal
>has literally never listened to metal