Your local record store

Post your local record store that you go to. Pic is of a place called Boogie Records.

The only "record store" near me is an FYE.

local record store?

The one you go to thats in your city.

"vintage Vinyl"

the nearest place with more than 5,000 people is over an hour away user

Cactus Records in Houston is pretty good

Revolver Records in Pensacola, although it's about an hour drive from me, but it's worth the trip.

you know what the first image to show up is if you search "record store" on google? That's my record store, its The Record Exchange is Boise.

I've been there when I drove through Boise. Good spot.

I go to a record store called Soulseek QT.

"Last Record Store" in Santa Rosa, CA. My favorite place to be. Great selection and awesome prices.

This is my local record store as it is a couple blocks from where I live, it is called Beatdisc Records (Parramatta, Sydney) but I also go to Red Eye Records in the Sydney CBD

Mr V Music, good store, good selection. They've got a copy of the 2016 record day version of Jay Reatard's Blood Visions that I wanna grab and I will.

I used to live right behind there in those shit apartments there. Used to go there all the time for stuff. The boss could be haggled with which made it fun. The hippie spillover from community market sucked nuts, though.

I used to go to 78 records in Perth before it moved to the mall.
Massive store.. fucking loads of records.

>that blue Like Cockwork

Clockwork* fuck

>me likey vinyl

I always go there, the old dude that runs the place is always a dick to me and they don't check their records thoroughly enough.

>Adelaide
Ever been to the Record Shop in Renaissance Arcade? The guy in there definitely gives off serial killer vibes.

haha totally, what a nutter. decent store though and good selection.

Im so sorry user
I guess that's fye really is the closest to me as well... i work there too, so i get a discount, but the vinyl is still SO OVERPRICED
but i have a few places that are within an hour drive and are good to take trips to. Also some near my uni that have old vidya stuff too

Havent been in a while but here's a google images pic of my favorite one to go to in Ann Arbor (kinda nearby me)
"Underground Sounds"
Owner is really knowledgeable and fun to talk with.

(you)

Closest store is 40 minutes away, but I do likes this place.
The owner is an old Elvis fanatic and if he notices what you are browsing through he can come up to you with random recs.

Sound Revolution in Houston is the nearest record store for me. Selection is shit, and the store has basically becomed a fucking smoke shop.

Gimme Gimme Records in Highland Park LA. Really great for discovering new stuff. When I want a more popular release I just go to Amoeba.

I see Swedish, what city?

(OP)
I go to Wuxtry and only buy CDs. It's pretty nice.

this post says a lot about you/this LP

goodwill shit heads

yeah... no it doesnt say anything about either of those things

Uppsala, Skivcentrum!

You missed it man. In the nineties they were everywhere around western syd. The last two in my town died just before my kids were born and I get so bummed now that ones a curry shop and ones an african hairdresser... my poor kids. Moving to the country next year to a small town with a large jazz scene... better than whatever the fuck sydney has now... corporate redeye bullshiite... beatdisc is cool, any isis or neurosis records u buy there were once mine. To you remember utopia in the city?

There's a place called Insula in town which is pretty great for local music, they usually hold miniconcerts there too.

Music fear satan is the one I frequenting. But not a collector desu

Amoeba Music in LA

Porin Levykauppa (Pori's Record Store)

I usually go to flea markets and other towns more but I go to this place sometimes and the owner is really nice

you lucky son of a bitch

Hello fellow Athens user.

I prefer Low Yo Yo Stuff to Wuxtry. But for CDs I can see why ya dig Wuxtry

it really is great

I live near the last Sam The Record Man
its p cool

RIP

Robs Records

>literally called The Record Shop

Underground Sound sucks. The owner was scalping Red House Painters on RSD. And whenever you buy something he checks online and makes sure the price hasn't gone up on it lol. Record Lounge is the superior Ann Arbor store.

(Flat Black and Circular in Lansing beats them both though.)

You're paying too much

I think I've only been to Low Yo Yo once years ago and don't remember it at all. What's it like?

somehow you managed to be the biggest pleb in a thread about buying an outdated form of media

Vinyl is a dated format

Its much more cramped, the best time to go is when its not busy because if there is more than 5 people in the store its really hard to move around. Their selection is a lot better because its smaller, less fluff.

I also like the employees there more, they like to chat with you about what you're buying. I don't ever feel like they are snooty or look down upon buyer's music taste. They've given me some free promotional stuff they had leftover when they noticed I liked an artist.

So are you

Check Rough Trade in NYC. They play shows there and do signings

man they really need to organize that place

Captain's Vinyl in New Orleans is the only record store i go to. It's literally this dude's living room but he's the coolest person i've ever met. first time i went there he handed me like 3 records for free. He's very socially awkward but that's what makes him the coolest person i've met. There's another store that's more of a legit record store in the college part of time called Mushroom and the people there are alright but i prefer the wholesomeness of just one dude selling his personal collection

>record store
pfffft full of normie shit. It's been 6 years since I was last able to find any records I wanted in a record store.

>city
pffft cities are for normies. I live out in the middle of nowhere where nobody else is. Not that you'd understand.

looks like shit dude

This was the record store. Now it's a church.

hah, one of my primary schools turned into a church too. a full on fire and brimstones, evangelical presbyterian outfit.

The only thing near me that counts as a record store is some 20'x20' building owned by an overweight dadrocker. Has some good cassettes tho

I guess I'm not there often enough to notice
He's always gave me the price as marked
I do always go to the 3 big ones downtown when i go

I'm up in Idaho too and it seems like Boise is the only place in the entire state with anything interesting in it.

bump

Sorry I don’t take pictures of my local record store while I’m in the store looking at records so I can’t post in this thread

One just opened up down the street from me. It's only open on Sundays, and it's organized by the local radio station you'd expect to hear the artist on.

Not great but it's something, and I found my favorite Blue Oyster Cult album there for $5 so that's something.

Was in there today.

Place in Montreal called Cheap Thrills. My favourite record store I've been to, I always find something I like when I go in.

then don't post anything idiot

Spillers Records. It's apparently the oldest record shop in the world but it's tiny and mainly sells Entry Level Hipster Garbage™

This hole in the wall is literally next door from my apartment.
Sure is Trve Kvlt.

I recognise that from an episode of Skins I think Lol

my go to every week

the 45 room at Recordland

one of the many aisle

and a wierd space between the 2 parts of the building

Popeyes in Hengelo, Netherlands is pretty good. Seems to have been there for years ran by one guy.
Fair prices as well. If there's no set price he'll take a low price on Discogs and subtract a bit from that.

Was just there the other day, they have a good sound effect section.

Cheap thrills is the tits

I want that Bone Machine

preston, uk

Last Vestige - Albany NY

Nobody is allowed to go here until I move away from Albany in 6 months. STAY AWAY

Academy Records Annex in Greenpoint, NYC

of all brooklyn vinyl stores ,this one is my favorite. the tiny one on Guernsey St (Co-Op 87)is fucking great too.

Asylum Records
Was in Mesa, AZ but moved to Chandler, AZ. Havent been there sense they moved to Chandler. Will have to check it out. Pretty cool place

>muh LA
>muh NY
>muh [insert state here]

can we make this a non-burger thread from now on? obese people shouldn't be allowed to show off

Anyone here familiar with Discland in Minneapolis? Definitely not my local record shop, but whenever I'm in the Twin Cities (which seems to be about once a year), I'll always stop by.

that place is great, they started selling t-shirts

I live in a bustling metropolis and when I go record shopping I go to like 6 stores. Overpriced hipster shit mostly, but weirdly I find the used book store (that also accepts dvds and records/cds) to be the best place for real gems.

I work here. I put the vinyl up on the back wall.

I go here all the time. Which one are you?

Lindsey. Short dark hair. Glasses. I know all the customers here bc i work like 6 days a week. Who are you?

they literally stole the polydor logo

Uff Da Records (in Minnesota obviously)

I'm pretty sure they were trying to make a reference to a record label because....they sell..... records.

>the girl i like at the local record store also browses mu
don't worry about it.

i live in the twin cities and i'v never been there (it's actually out in bloomington i think). Is it nice? How's the CD selection?

yea relax bro i was just pointing it out.

those racks are way overstuffed, jesus

oh shit haha i live close to that too, yeah its not all that great but its a cool store to visit once in a while

ayy im in chandler. small world, ill have to go there

Oh shit I hope you arent the guy who likes foster the people and keeps offering to let me borrow is mic for recording.