Is motorsport a sport?

Yes

Yes, obviously.

F1 sure, NASCAR no.

Yes, car no. 9 is my favorite athlete

yes, but the only athletes are the vehicles

Is WedsSport ADVAN LC500 a athlete?

As long as the driver is still controlling the car

It's physically and mentally demanding and requires a level of skill only few can achieve so yes.

yes. if you go to a karting track and drive around for like 30 minutes to an hour its fairly straining physically.

f1 drivers are among the fittest athletes in the world

>f1 drivers
F1 drivers are not athletes. Hamilton spends his time making tattoos and snorting cocaine.

>5G worth of pressure on your neck for two hours in a 50 degrees cockpit

yeah they're athletes

f1 drivers were able to drink/smoke/do coke while driving more powerful cars in the 70s/80s. modern drivers are soft fags compared to them.

Common misconception. The power figures often quoted for 80s F1 cars were only during qualifying with special fuel, engine and turbocharger. The whole thing only lasted two laps and the drivers had massive tyres and turbo lag to help.

In race trim the engine made way less power. The most powerful engines in F1 history were in the peak of the V10 era, where they made well over 900hp with a special qualifying engine that was very very close to 1000hp

This

Why were cars made faster for qualifying? How is that even allowed

Why not? Let the cars run at their max, even when you can't verify what's the horsepower of an engine. It's your faggot thinking that killed F1.

Because they could, gotta go fast brah its qualifying

Its not that they're faster for qualifying, but more that they're restrained for the race

>driving a glorified tank 200mph while someone slams into your ass and you go into a turn that's 3 stories tall boxed in by 8 cars no more than a couple feet from you takes no skill

that doesnt really change the fact that modern drivers are soft faggots. in any older f1 era lewlew and vettee would have at least gotten up in each others faces during the redflag at baku. nowadays they are all limpwristed faggots who just yell at their engineers when they get fucked by another driver.

sadly sponsors dont like that sort of stuff

50 degrees? sounds comfy desu

>50 degrees cockpit
Sounds like a sport Finland would like.

Many of the current NASCAR drivers are equally fit.

motogp is

the last time i watched nascar the commentators were were referring to the drivers as athletes and pilots

mfw pudgy middle age hicks emerged from the cars post race
i would call it a motorpasttime or a motorhobby

to chase each other down the pit lane for a good thumping
now that was good sport

I don't know, can you drive in circles for four hours straight, all the while suffering from g-force and other hazards?

Is bumper to bumper traffic a sport?

50 degrees with respect to what? That's either really relaxed or really sharp

>Is motorsport a sport?
Is motorsport a sport, or an alternative sport?

But in no way "among the fittest in the world"...

It's not "a" sport, it's the white gentlemen sport.

which requires more athletic prowess? Motorsport or Esport?

No

now I understand why finns are good drivers, it's the sauna