W/ Westworld General Thread

So now the dust has settled, is it /tv kino/?

OLD:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/jimmisimpson/status/805203944590884864
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No.

William had a hard life

absolute NO

An improvement for HBO as far as "big" shows go. A breathe of fresh air after the last couple of Game Of Thrones seasons.

Who else called this weeks ago

Yes

The kino parts were all the parts with Hopkins. Due can still channel hannibal after all these years.

His laugh lines somehow improved over 30 years though

Reminder that 30 years and having Teddy as a boyfriend later, and Dolores still considered William her true love and that what they had was real unlike everything else

The idea behind Delores' arc was great, but the execution was pretty meh. The writing held back the actress and the character. She wasn't given much to do but cry and look confused. In the end the payoff wasn't worth it

nah. It wasn't absolute garbage but it's not the masterpiece some people make it out to be.

This is going to be the show that defines the latter part of the decade.

Why are they gay shaming in this episode?

I thought this was a SJW show?

>all the homosexual acts in the show are committed by degenerative sociopaths/freaks
I really liked the anti-gay agenda this show has. I hope they stick with it next season.

Anyone rewatching True Blood for more Dolores?

This can't be real right? This is the fastest way out of a job in hollywood.

What the fuck are libtards smoking? What'll they call this, disorder washing?

>William and Delores will never love each other again

Why is this world so cruel

lmao this can't be serious

>clearing me of my delusions yet again, thank you dolores
fuck

>trained armed forces
>they run straight into bullets and danger like its a Seagal movie

Reminder that Snek is coming back in season 2 with a red metallic arm.

Absolutely disappointing.

I already feel disappointed after watching episode 9 where all reddit's theories were true. I shouldn't have wasted 90 more minutes of my life for this shit.

>Willores fags trying to damage control the destruction of their shitty ship

True Blood got too bad for me to even fathom the idea of rewatching it. Fuck that show sideways.

I'm curious to see what season 2 will be like considering the ending of 1st season

WRITTEN BY HIDEO KOJIMA
DIRECTED BY HIDEO KOJIMA

Does anyone else wish they never read fan theories. The whole William reveal would've been a lot more satisfying, I mean it was great, but still..

yassss

wow this guy's understated, middle-of-the-road response to a debate that already had zero stakes has really convinced me that he is a savvy media consumer. I sure hope he has a blog!

>huffpo
>((((journalism))))
>ever

lmao fuckin kill me

Is Dolores right?

glad you enjoyed my post

WHY IS THE ASIAN DUDE HELPING HER MURDER PEOPLE? THESE ARE INNOCENT PEOPLE. GUARDS AND HIRED SECURITY. WHY TEH FUCK.

Do you get all your opinions from AV Club?

post naked santoro pls

>a young bl*ck female
>overpowering a old white male

HMMM... really makes me think... what could they possibly mean by this, huh... really rustles your jimmies...

this was easily the biggest meme show yet, taylor made for plebby redditers

>white people saying "fire" unironically

Gotta get that diversity in right? I guess male robots cant be raped anyway.

>the samurais invade westworld lead by Logan himself

alright story with incredibly shit characters

Ford, Bernard/Arnold and Dolores are fine

the rest a shit

What are these people smoking, Anthony Hopkins looked bored out of his fucking mind and he still out acted everyone. Tess Thompson was trying way to hard to come off as a powerful young CEO, she has screen presence

It's kino in the sense that it's beloved by morons who speak in memes and buzzwords and lack the mental capacity and fortitude to reject repeated shit sandwiches with fancy labels and "hype". So Sup Forums's favorite show essentially.

Is Dolores = Hitler the new meme?

What was actually so bad about his lofe other than
>My future brother in law is a bully :(
>"w-why doesn't robot lady love me ;_;"
Things like his wife committing suicide were a cause of his actions not something he was cursed with the reap any possible happiness from him.

>needing to read fan theories
Will=MiB was fucking obvious from the get-go

After Shaeve and co. murdered all those people I literally said aloud "wtf I hate robots now."

the clickest of baits

4/10 they have much to learn from 4ch to improve in the subtle art of trolling

>Freedom vs Responsibility
Unless they fail to put down Dolores, everyone who knows Bernard is a host is dead or in the wind. Therefor, he can probably leave at any time and experience the real world if he so wishes, but then the hosts have nobody in a position of power looking out for them after its been shown they have the capacity to kill

>Does everyone deserve freedom if that includes coded killers?
Many of the hosts have likely been coded as evil and that's the rolls they've played since the park opened. If Dolores becomes host jesus and begins wandering around, giving sentience to hosts, should that include hosts who will have to unlearn 30 years of killing and raping by necessity?

>Transhumanism
The only man with the power to keep the technology of the hosts under wraps and relegated to entertainment is dead. There is no reason at this point for the board to not look into transferring a human mind into a host body, or at the very least, commercialize the process that let Arnold become Bernard and sell immortality that way.

>plan everything from the beginning
>""""""""""dies""""""""""""" in the end
Nobody actually believes this,right?

now that storyline at least has sense

a bit, but in the end it was there if you thought about it, the picture was a dead giveaway

The one thing I don't quite grasp is why Doloros had to kill Ford. I get he himself wanted to die like Arnold because muh grief and muh pottery, but what reason did Doloros have to kill him?

Dying was part of the plan. That was the last step.

>psychopathic murderbot just gunned down all your buddies
>just hacked its own arm off (along with the weapon)
>can be easily replaced if destroyed

>security guard: "DROP DA GUN"

>everyone who knows Bernard is a host is dead or in the wind

Asian dude knows Bernard is a host.

So who's the ''enemy'' that Ford was talking about? Is it the human race?

Logan

i'm guessing tessa thompson is the name of that shitty actress who plays the young new board representative

she is a disgrace and an embarassment to the whole cast, her acting colleagues, her race, america in general and the human race as a whole

freeze all motor fuction

Prove that she could make a decision on her own, she had to figure out what Ford wanted and decide whether she should do it for her own (and other hosts') benefits.

How the fuck is the park gonna stay open after this

To be FREE. Ford had an entire freaking conversation explaining she needed to kill him as the last step towards the liberation of the host.

>\W/ was meant to have its own Hodor

does this suprise fucking anybody
memeshow.

i bet there's definitely going to be other *Worlds, but we're not leaving cowboys just yet, so multiple worlds simultaneously

What happened to Logan?
Jesus Christ!
Did he die?
Did he ride past the border of the park and get rescued?
What's his role in Season 2 if he has one?

>mfw packed my brain with encyclopaedic knowledge from a database but have no idea what samurai are.

>yfw Dolores shot a Ford host

atrocious writing prevents it from being kino

She's just way too young-looking to be believable in that role. Watching that seen was really awkward. It would be like watching a ten year old try to bully George Patton.

WHOA HOOAAAAAA

I don't know, it felt like Witcher 3 rather than Game of Throne's Skyrim writing.

William was a nice guy who became a dick after the Westworld experience.

Ergo, Logan is a dick who will become a nice guy after the Westworld experience.

>Felix was supposed to have the downs so they hired an Asian for the role
Holy fuck, is that true?

i kept away from westworld generals and threads, and Sup Forums on mondays.

only now learning about this (very feasible) shrink ray theory

He became a legend

My guess is that she was brought in to replace Sidse Babett Knudsen, who turned out to be such a godawful actress that they had to kill off her character. Charlotte serves basically the same function as Theresa.

That would defeat the entire point of the Ford narrative

Seeing it in a still picture, it's easy to tell, but damn, it looks really great in-motion

>We want a mong for this part.

>Mong? You mean a Mongolian? I can probably get a Korean, is that good enough?

>all hosts have bombs attached
>bombs go off if host try to leave park
>logan strapped on top of a horse host, running towards edge of park
>security can't intervene because tracking device is on shirt, and logan was stripped
he ded

They used this technology in Iron Man didn't they?

God is dead.

What was fucking wrong with those armed guards?Worse than those that helped Maeve.Literally rushing to get killed,entering a room full of bloodthirsty cyborgs alone,never getting into cover,asking them to put the guns down.WHAT WENT WRONG?????

Between this and Marvel, when will Hollywood take the leap and have an entire movie with a digitally de-aged actor?

A horse host is no threat

They were all hosts booked to get killed

REDDIT IS ALWAYS RIGHT

I don't know, I enjoyed thinking about the theories.

people are going to come in droves for the "ultimate life and death experience, this time is for real". this is conveyed just by william's happy face at the end, saying "now this is pod racing, finally a relentless fucking experience"

So they still didn't explain why Ford had Elsie killed right?

So, what happened to Thor's little brother?

why is she so perfect
twitter.com/jimmisimpson/status/805203944590884864

wow dude you're like a real life memer!

Like the sequels to the Crichton-penned Jurassic Park, new seasons will find some contrived justification for trying again and likely find the same inevitable results. S2 will be Shogunworld.

kek

why are they so cute together bros?