What does Sup Forums think of them and this album. I am listening to it right now for the first time...

what does Sup Forums think of them and this album. I am listening to it right now for the first time. so far i think there is a bit too much noise and it suffers for the indie nonsense lyric problem

It takes a few listens but it is a classic album. Wilco are one of the greatest American bands of the last 20 years. Summerteeth is also great. Sup Forums has shit taste and that's why nobody here is aware of Wilco. 10/10. Jeff Tweedy and Jim James are two of the greatest modern day songwriters. My Morning Jacket & Wilco are better than any other American band that you can name from the last 20 years. Prove me wrong.

>Indie
>Nonsense lyrics

it's one of my favorite albums of all time. but i remember that the first time i listened to it 4 or 5 years ago i thought it was pretty bland for some reason and only came back to it because of radio cure and it started getting better every time i listened.

It's got some standout tracks in the 2nd half huts it's pretty boring desu.

You're probably 16 with no life experience or patience. The young generation cannot appreciate masterpieces any more because their brains are fucked up. Short attention spans and an over-reliance on the opinion of others. That's why modern music is so shit, because your generation licks it up. Fuck you

I listened to this album a couple of times like 7 years ago but never got into it and somehow never revisited the band...

Jesus Etc is a fantastic song tho. Maybe I should give em another spin

One of the few deserved p4k 10's. Really an album that captures the Zeitgeist of the early aughts more seriously than a lot of other shit out there.

Amazing and near-perfect album. I prefer Summerteeth but just by a little bit. Shame it was their last with Jay Bennett. I don't think it's a coincidence that Wilco's 3 best albums are the ones featuring Bennett.

this this this

except MMJ isn't nearly as good imo, they have a ton of dud songs and are generally worse at songwriting, veer too heavily into jam band territory for me to consider them among the absolute greatest. Their initial run of 3-4 albums tho was definitely fantastic.

Sup Forums is fucking stupid about wilco, idgi. summerteeth and YHF are both 10/10 albums, and the lyrics aren't remotely gibberish, idk what is talking about. lines like "the ashtray says you've been up all night" seem like gibberish, until you actually think about it and realize it's brilliant poetry.

good thread

Look this is a great album but stop with the 'hurr Sup Forums are plebs who don't know about Wilco' shit, fucking everyone has heard of Wilco. YHF got a 10 on p4k and is one of the top ranked albums of its decade on RYM, y'all aren't special

>y'all aren't special

But you clearly want to be. For a board supposedly dedicated to music, Sup Forums has the worst taste of all. It has the taste of a 12 year old boy. Go back to your rap threads you inbred fartarse

Not him, but I was 12 when I first discovered Wilco.

Yes, anyone who calls you out on trying to pull 'muh sekrit klub' one one of the most acclaimed indie rock bands must be a rap fan

Heavy Metal Drummer is one of the worst songs ever recorded.

Lies

Bald 15 year old

TAKE IT BACK!

"there are too many strange and non-catchy noises and the lyrics make no literal sense bc i can't make out simple metaphors waaaa" the thread

>his 5 stars

What the hell does Wilco have to do with country or krautrock influence at all? And this dude supposedly read William Gass?

It's just shitty bland dadrock meant for Triple A radio airplay.

The ending to Poor Places is one of the best moments in popular music tee bee aich

In my top 3 albums of all time. Absolutely fantastic. Took me quite a few listens to actually click though, at first I just thought it was kind of boring.

I wish there was MORE noise.
I hadn't listened to them prior to seeing them live in 2009. I recognized their backdrop from their Wilco (the Album) album.
They jam it out big time live and audience members around me complained about the noise but I wanted more. When I went back home and listened to Yankee I was pretty disappointed, it took me a couple of tries before it clicked.

Ghost is born is their best, noisiest album. Literally has a 15 minute song that is pure authentic noise.

agree.

I like the weird effects and noises.
Theres a couple of songs I don't care for like War on War but other than that its great.

i always forget about sky blue sky and ghost is born
i'll have to listen to those again

>nobody here is aware of wilco

My dude, wilco has been a required listen for Sup Forums for as long as I can remember.

>I don't understand the lyric
>so it must be nonsense
Please kill yourself

I think it has a pretty amazing production. Some very good songs too. But it's the overall sound what really gets me.

I was 13 when I first listened to them. I really liked them. Haven't gone back to really enjoy wilco again since, that was 6 years ago